KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Middle Earth vs Modern Military

Middle Earth vs Modern Military
Started by: relentless1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Middle Earth vs Modern Military

Watching LOTR again got me to thinking how much better it'd be for them if they had cars or planes lol

Anyways it also got me thinking how all fighters in Middle Earth would do against lets say the US Military circa 2018, im of the opinion that our Earths tech would be more than enough for Middle Earths magic, what say all of you?

And if you all think its too much in the favour of modern military then replace that with military circa WW2.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:23 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Modern military; in my mind it would be quality vs extreme and potent quantity.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:35 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Modern military would shred LOTR.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:39 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I feel like the Army of the Dead might present a few problems for the military.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:56 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

WW2 era military would shit on LOTR, never mind today.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:57 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

One Nuke to Rule Them All i say!!! Hell Yeah!!!!

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:57 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Do the Riders of Rohan even have stirrups by that point?

Lulz, they get stomped.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:00 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Heck. Even a Decent Ball and Musket and Cannon Style Army could take them out.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 06:11 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

This is not close.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 06:44 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

This goes in Foreign Cinema I think.

And... I know I've seen this debate somewhere before....

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...-states.642281/

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 06:48 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Military might to Military, yes. But Middle Earth is far more than that. Their magic would make this a stomp in their favors actually. Especially when you start heading into the direction of mind control.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 06:58 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
I feel like the Army of the Dead might present a few problems for the military.

Just blow up Aragorn with a drone strike and they will probably bugger off on their own. Their only loyalty was to him IIRC.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 07:00 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by SquallX
Military might to Military, yes. But Middle Earth is far more than that. Their magic would make this a stomp in their favors actually. Especially when you start heading into the direction of mind control.

What kind of mind control was shown in the movies?

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 07:17 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by FrothByte
What kind of mind control was shown in the movies?

The Ring was the best one, with Sauromon controlling the King before he was freed by Gandalf the White.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:30 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Soooo the Modern day military which has seen all 6 LotR/Hobbit films will...find the 9 Rings of Men, give them to their leaders and let them corrupt them until Sauron can take them over?

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 11:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Just blow up Aragorn with a drone strike and they will probably bugger off on their own. Their only loyalty was to him IIRC.
Killing Aragorn would probably be the worst thing they could do. Iirc only someone from his bloodline could release them from their vow and let them move on to the afterlife. It would be akin to killing will turner before getting his blood in the first pirates movie IMO.

I don't think their loyalties would factor into a forum fight. I figure we would treat them like any other character where they're transported to the battle field and "forced" to fight for the side we place them on. Whether they're friend or foe, hero or villain, they still have to fight for their side to the best of their abilities.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:56 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Raptor22
Killing Aragorn would probably be the worst thing they could do. Iirc only someone from his bloodline could release them from their vow and let them move on to the afterlife. It would be akin to killing will turner before getting his blood in the first pirates movie IMO.

I don't think their loyalties would factor into a forum fight. I figure we would treat them like any other character where they're transported to the battle field and "forced" to fight for the side we place them on. Whether they're friend or foe, hero or villain, they still have to fight for their side to the best of their abilities.

Aragorn gets MOABed!!!

Happy Dance

Thread done.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:25 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Not sure why this thread was made. I'll say this though, Modern Military would not fair anywhere near as well against Morgoth of the First Age. But since this is movie stuff then yes, Modern Military wins. Stupid ass spite thread tbh.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 02:49 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Not sure why this thread was made. I'll say this though, Modern Military would not fair anywhere near as well against Morgoth of the First Age. But since this is movie stuff then yes, Modern Military wins. Stupid ass spite thread tbh.

Morgoth was a pussy. Better than Sauron but a pussy nevertheless.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Morgoth was a pussy. Better than Sauron but a pussy nevertheless.
You really are a moron.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 03:45 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote