KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers or Infinity War?

Which is the better film?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Avengers 11 45.83%
Infinity War 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Avengers or Infinity War?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Avengers or Infinity War?

Which is your favourite out of the two? I'm not including AOU cause it can't really compete with either two. For me it's got to be Avengers, we finally got to see the team come together and then to cap it off we get a post credit scene with Thanos to show that a bigger threat and infinity gauntlet are coming.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:22 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Infinity War hands down. The first avengers is my second favorite marvel film. These two really highlight the best of what a cinematic universe can achieve with the proper buildup of films and emotions.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:25 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Avengers is still my favorite.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:31 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Infinity War hands down. The first avengers is my second favorite marvel film. These two really highlight the best of what a cinematic universe can achieve with the proper buildup of films and emotions.

Is this because Thanos is the main protagonist of IW?

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:41 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by steverules_2
Is this because Thanos is the main protagonist of IW?
Not only that but the film is just better in every way. Better action, more characters, more emotion, and a truly deep villain who is the lead of the film. I’ve seen it 7 times and it still rocks me to my Quanny core. I promised Thanos I’d go venture to my first imax for this film and I kept my word.

This goes back to my childhood though and my undying love for the character of Thanos. The first time I saw him I knew. Infinity Gauntlet issue in phar mor. I was hooked ever since. The true love of my life.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:46 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Issue 2. For you Quan trivia buffs.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:48 AM
SSJGGogeta

Infinity Wars, easy. Has a much better marriage of comedy and action, has a much more diverse and interesting cast, display's more of the MCU's expanded universe, and tears down every rule set by every superhero movie before it. I mean come on, we see Thor tanking a Neutron star, Thanos curb-stomping Hulk, characters meeting their ends left and right in ways that are totally believable and still utterly GUT-wrenching.

Honestly, Infinity Wars was hands down the BEST movie put out by the MCU thus far, and quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time, in my humble opinion.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 01:50 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
and quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time, in my humble opinion.

No that accolade has to belong to BvS, what a master piece that was

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:04 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Liked the first film, but Infinity War is the culmination of greatness

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:10 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

IW all the way.

Bankai.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:20 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I liked all 3 Avengers films.

That being said I prefer Infinity War over the original Avengers because the threat makes more sense than a bunch of fodder and Loki. Avengers 1 was great and is still in my top 10 MCU films easy. But Infinity War is in my top 3 now.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 04:56 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Can't say yet. I've seen the first Avengers film several times and have grown to really like it. I've only seen Infinity War once. Need to watch it more to really decide how much I like it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 05:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by steverules_2
No that accolade has to belong to BvS, what a master piece that was

I wish, lol. I've always been a huge DC fan, and never gave a shit about Marvel.

As far as quality goes these days, where comics are concerned, I still believe DC >>> Marvel, by a long shot.

Movies though? Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 07:44 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Infinity Wars, easy. Has a much better marriage of comedy and action, has a much more diverse and interesting cast, display's more of the MCU's expanded universe, and tears down every rule set by every superhero movie before it. I mean come on, we see Thor tanking a Neutron star, Thanos curb-stomping Hulk, characters meeting their ends left and right in ways that are totally believable and still utterly GUT-wrenching.

Honestly, Infinity Wars was hands down the BEST movie put out by the MCU thus far, and quite possibly the best superhero movie of all time, in my humble opinion.

And still you didn't care enough to remember the movie's proper title...

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 02:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And still you didn't care enough to remember the movie's proper title...

Avengers: Infinity War?

Just because I abbreviated it, doesn't mean I forgot the title, jack@ss. laughing

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 10:27 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Avengers easily. Infinity War was solid and wonderful, but it didn't make nearly as big of an impact on me as the first movie did. The Avengers is better written, better acted, better staged, is more exciting, and has better jokes. Hell, Infinity War's biggest laugh is just referencing something said in Avengers 1.

Last edited by Dr Will Hatch on May 24th, 2018 at 01:52 AM

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:43 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

the novelty gave the first avengers its accolade but i think based on actual attributes, i give it to infinity. its clear we see it differently as i see infinity war as be the better written piece, as well as acted and more exciting lol. oh well. to each his own, i suppose.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:09 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Avengers easily. Infinity War was solid and wonderful, but it didn't make nearly as big of an impact on me as the first movie did. The Avengers is better written, better acted, better staged, is more exciting, and has better jokes. Hell, Infinity War's biggest laugh is just referencing something said in Avengers 1.
You are crazy. Infinity War is wayyyyy funnier, has far better action, far bigger emotional moments, way more characters, and the greatest villain the MCU has ever seen. Whedon admitted he didn’t even know how to portray Thanos. Russo’s are just better than Whedon. Don’t get me wrong avengers is great and fantastic but Infinity War is perfection.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:49 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste with me. Usually I don't find the big noise Marvel events like Secret Wars and whatnot that interesting, and that's what Infinity War reminded me of. It's hard for me to get invested in these gargantuan universe in peril anyone can die stories because I know that's never going to really happen. I know that sh.it is just going to return to the status quo sooner or later.

Also, and I can't explain why, but for some reason I just find the movies of the Russo Brothers to be bland. I hate saying that because I do like their movies. They are very talented and seem like good dudes, but there's little personality to Civil War or IW. Everything in those films is either a callback to a previous movie or a reference to the comics. They don't stand on their own as a unique thing. Whedon's two movies, whether or love them or hate them, feel distinctive. They felt like movies that only he would have made. Ditto for stuff like Black Panther, which feels like something only Ryan Coogler could have made, or GOTG, which feels like something only James Gunn could have made.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 04:15 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Infinity War feels very unique. I don’t get this type of nonsense. Whedon while he hit Avengers out of the park really missed in the sequel. It wasn’t bad it just wasn’t great. Whedon admitted he didn’t even know how to approach Thanos. He didn’t know how to make him relatable which is a huge weakness as a director. I didn’t want Whedon to go anywhere near him for Infinity War and thank heavens the Russo’s were there to stick the landing.

Civil War and Infinity War had a lot of characters to work with so for these films to work means they all can’t have the same amount of screen time. The humor works and one complaint I had about Whedon is I didn’t trust him with pulling off a serious villain. Ultron though I did enjoy him was too much of a jokey bad guy. Whereas Thanos delivered by way of the Russo’s. Everyone knew he was built up for years so to actually achieve this with the high expectations isn’t something to take lightly.

All of the films they made are of high quality for the MCU. Rewatchability factor is so much higher for the Infinity War and has a much darker ending than the avengers which shows the stakes are high. The gotg and Strange interacting with Starkmis priceless. Truly great moments with Thor coming to The I’d of the heroes in Wakanda is a greater heroic moment to me than anything in Avengers one.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:14 AM