KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers or Infinity War?

Which is the better film?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Avengers 11 45.83%
Infinity War 13 54.17%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Avengers or Infinity War?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Coming to the aid

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

yeah but the nature of the movie is supposed to cross various marvel landscapes. not just story but tone and genre. I don't think its supposed to stand on its own, imo. why would it, with the nature of it? with that said, i think it worked well. GOTG segment felt like a guardian movie. strange segments felt like a dr strange movie. even the black panther segment was like a coming back home to wakanda (since i saw it only a month prior). but i think to try to unify a tone or style would compromise the nature of each individual film. it could have been waaaayyyy worse. it could have downright be messy, imo, but i thought the russo with input from the other directors meld the tone and feel of each respective characters well.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 05:17 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Avengers is better written but the fun factor and action quality aren't really anything to write about, so it's less of an spectacle.

Technically IW is a more impressive movie, even if it has sloppy qualities to it. It stepped into terrains that have never been explored before in mainstream cinema and gave them more mass appeal. Ultimately, IW is carried by the rest of the MCU universe though but due to action and comedy is probably still watchable to some degree.

Bottomline: Both suck.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 24th, 2018 07:18 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Man, if you think Avengers 1 and 3 sucked I feel sorry for you. I came away from the theaters both times blown away. My friends and I had a great time. I feel sorry for anyone that can't enjoy great movies for what they are.

Both films are actually great (my opinion). They are highly rated and loved by the audiences AND made boatloads of money. They are objectively good (fact).

You might not like them, but you are a spec in the ocean of people that think otherwise.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:02 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Avengers is better written but the fun factor and action quality aren't really anything to write about, so it's less of an spectacle.

Technically IW is a more impressive movie, even if it has sloppy qualities to it. It stepped into terrains that have never been explored before in mainstream cinema and gave them more mass appeal. Ultimately, IW is carried by the rest of the MCU universe though but due to action and comedy is probably still watchable to some degree.

And you love Godzilla films from japan so one really might question your definition of a quality film. Sorry you can’t enjoy the greatest film ever but you’re the guy who likes Kang too. Your preferences are suspect.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

According to an article putting on full display the self admitted limitations of Whedon compared with the Russo’s.

Somewhat stunningly, Joss Whedon previously said that he didn't want to work with Thanos much because he simply didn't know how to make him relatable. He called him "the overlord of villainy and darkness" and mostly seemed to be setting him up to appear in Avengers 3, but if he didn't know how to make him relatable, we should all be thankful that Whedon left after Age Of Ultron "broke" him.

I get that Avengers is the first film that proved or showed the world you can bring together so many different heroes in a collection against a super threat so it was ground breaking. Now you want to say well this wasn’t as ground breaking it just raised the stakes. That isn’t how we judge films. The first Star Wars blew everyone’s minds because no one had ever seen anything prior to but that doesn’t mean it’s qualkty is greater than the rest that followed.

Follow the same logic here as these two films stand its obvious which one is the better. Infinity War the film that the director of Svengers admitted he didn’t know how to even handle. He had obvious weaknesses as a director and didn’t even know how. Russo’s achieved what he felt unachievable personally. Better moments, better villain, more emotion, and balancing way more characters than in the first avengers. The case is clear Infinity War is the best MCU hands down and to me personally the greatest film of my entire life.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:40 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The both films sucked line was just a joke, maybe I should've added a dancing banana to make it more clear.

I cited their flaws but it should be clear that these films have high entertaining value and are critically succesful because they are good beyond "being MCU crossovers".

Originally posted by quanchi112
According to an article putting on full display the self admitted limitations of Whedon compared with the Russo’s.

Somewhat stunningly, Joss Whedon previously said that he didn't want to work with Thanos much because he simply didn't know how to make him relatable. He called him "the overlord of villainy and darkness" and mostly seemed to be setting him up to appear in Avengers 3, but if he didn't know how to make him relatable, we should all be thankful that Whedon left after Age Of Ultron "broke" him.

I get that Avengers is the first film that proved or showed the world you can bring together so many different heroes in a collection against a super threat so it was ground breaking. Now you want to say well this wasn’t as ground breaking it just raised the stakes. That isn’t how we judge films. The first Star Wars blew everyone’s minds because no one had ever seen anything prior to but that doesn’t mean it’s qualkty is greater than the rest that followed.

Follow the same logic here as these two films stand its obvious which one is the better. Infinity War the film that the director of Svengers admitted he didn’t know how to even handle. He had obvious weaknesses as a director and didn’t even know how. Russo’s achieved what he felt unachievable personally. Better moments, better villain, more emotion, and balancing way more characters than in the first avengers. The case is clear Infinity War is the best MCU hands down and to me personally the greatest film of my entire life.

There is a flaw in the logic of assuming that a superior director will always do a superior movie than an admittedly "inferior" one.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 06:52 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The both films sucked line was just a joke, maybe I should've added a dancing banana to make it more clear.

I cited their flaws but it should be clear that these films have high entertaining value and are critically succesful because they are good beyond "being MCU crossovers".

There is a flaw in the logic of assuming that a superior director will always do a superior movie than an admittedly "inferior" one.
I am saying a man with so limited an imagination as to admit he wouldn’t even have a clue on how to approach their best villain is someone I personally wouldn’t trust. He was also burn out on Avengers 2. The guy did his best he just isn’t the Russo’s. Russo’s are the best in the business.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 06:54 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
I am saying a man with so limited an imagination as to admit he wouldn’t even have a clue on how to approach their best villain is someone I personally wouldn’t trust. He was also burn out on Avengers 2. The guy did his best he just isn’t the Russo’s. Russo’s are the best in the business.

Whedon had the imagination to film Avengers so we can judge him for the work he actually managed to do properly.

On average the Russos are writting better Avengers films (Civil War and Infinite War), I can agree with that, but Avengers 1 was Whedon's peak.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 07:02 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Whedon had the imagination to film Avengers so we can judge him for the work he actually managed to do properly.

On average the Russos are writting better Avengers films (Civil War and Infinite War), I can agree with that, but Avengers 1 was Whedon's peak.
I agree. He also shit the bed with the sequel. The film broke him. I agree what he did with Avengers 1 was amazing but comparatively speaking against Infinity War it’s not even close. Best film and villain of all time. Whedon made his contributions and moved on. Marvel is in far better hands than the broken Whedon.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 07:24 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I wouldn't call AoU shitting the bed. It was a good film that got good reviews from both critics and audiences. It also made 1.4+ billion at the box office. Sure, they hoped it would do what IW is doing now...but 1.4 billion is nothing to scoff at.

I like all the Avengers films but clearly Avengers 1 and IW are superior to AoU.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:11 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Infinity War, easily. Not a contest.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:19 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Avengers is Superman.

IW is Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, and Dione.

Avengers wins.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:28 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I wouldn't call AoU shitting the bed. It was a good film that got good reviews from both critics and audiences. It also made 1.4+ billion at the box office. Sure, they hoped it would do what IW is doing now...but 1.4 billion is nothing to scoff at.

I like all the Avengers films but clearly Avengers 1 and IW are superior to AoU.
The quality took a major dip from the first. It isn’t bad by any means but the first film was great and the second one was only good. It also broke him as a director and burnt him out. Russo’s are clearly his superior but I’m very grateful for Avengers 1. You’re talking about overall success.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:37 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by cdtm
Avengers is Superman.

IW is Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, and Dione.

Avengers wins.
Terrible analogy.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:57 PM
cdtm

Terrible analogy.

In Bizarro world.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:28 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

In Bizarro world.
Wouldn't know, I don't live there like you. How's the weather?

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:36 AM
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:46 AM
cdtm

That's some good Bizarro speak you've got going on.

Of course, you couldn't possibly be as delusional as a certain someone named after a B list Mortal Kombat character, and think that the Avengers would last a picosecond against Superman.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 01:54 AM
quanchi112
Disney

That's some good Bizarro speak you've got going on.

Of course, you couldn't possibly be as delusional as a certain someone named after a B list Mortal Kombat character, and think that the Avengers would last a picosecond against Superman.
Batman beat the guy.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 04:47 AM