KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lucifer Morningstar Vs Sentry

Lucifer Morningstar Vs Sentry
Started by: Drsoe08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

Lucifer stomps.

laughing out loud @ Bran bringing me up, I thought he’d “left” again after Abhi humiliated him.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 07:38 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Lucifer Morningstar is to Sentry what Godzilla is to a cockroach.

This isn’t even in the vicinity of a fair and even match.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 25th, 2018 09:36 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithLantern93

lock this thread please

Old Post May 25th, 2018 10:11 AM
SithLantern93 is currently offline Click here to Send SithLantern93 a Private Message Find more posts by SithLantern93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Lucifer stomps.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 11:02 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru
RealityWarper has been at a certain point for a very long time now.
He had to deal with so much written-verbal abuse, that he now starts insulting anyone, who opposes his opinion in the slightest. He immediately gets defensive, starts insulting people, bringing up his own beliefs and even worse... a bunch of fallacies. And all of that while failing to realize, that he himself is consumed by some of the biggest flaws in human psychology:

Dunning Krueger Effect
The Dunning Krueger Effect makes it so, that a person overestimates his or her own abilities and underestimates the abilities of others. RealityWarper thinks that he has figured it all out, while in fact he hasn't. And he is being told that over and over again, but... that's where the Backfire Effect kicks in.

Backfire Effect
The Backfire Effect makes it so, that once a person is confronted with opposing beliefs... their belief in their own take doesn't get challenged, but it gets even stronger. So when RealityWarper says that Sentry is multiversal and someone else says, that he isn't... RealityWarper believes even more that Sentry is multiversal.

In the end of the day... Lucifer Morningstar wins.

I think that the Norn Stones don't get the credit they deserve. Asgardian Magic has done things which it shouldn't have been able to do. The enchanted Jarnbjorn axed killed a celestial. And not just any celestial, but one of the more powerful ones on the spectrum.
The Norn Stones themselves amped Captain America to a point, where he was able to slice through the Void like through butter. The jump in power scale is just ridiculous. That was some Deus Ex Machina level amping right there. The question is if the amp affected everyone the same way and Captain America at that point was as powerful as an amped Thor... or if the amp increased everyones power level proportionally. Imagine it's the latter. That would have made Thor stupidly powerful. And they still weren't able to defeat the Sentry properly. They were hurting him like crazy, but he was still in the fight and managed to take away their advantage.
That adds to the power level of the Sentry, but I don't feel like it takes away anything from the Norn Stones. If I'm not all too wrong, then the Norn Stones in combination with another artifact restored a broken reality (universe) or something like that. God of Magic Strange transmuted an entire dimension recently. So Doctor Strange, more powerful than ever before fought alongside Loki against the Void and they were getting trashed easily. At the same time you saw a couple of Sonic Booms all over the world, while they were getting choked out. And then the Sentry arrived, attacked the Void and gave them a fighting chance.

I put Sentry very high on the scale. To me it's hilarious when I see people putting him up against someone like Thor or Silver Surfer. He is simply above them.
Lucifer Morningstar however? Yeah, Sentry dies. I once already said, that I wouldn't be surprised, if the Sentry beat someone like Galactus out of nowhere. He simply has that kind of a X-Factor to him. But beating someone, who is easily in the top 10 or arguably even in the top 5 of the DC universe? Yeah, that ain't happening.

this...although i disagee with u on Silver Surfer

Old Post May 25th, 2018 11:25 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
I put Sentry very high on the scale. To me it's hilarious when I see people putting him up against someone like Thor or Silver Surfer. He is simply above them.
Lucifer Morningstar however? Yeah, Sentry dies. I once already said, that I wouldn't be surprised, if the Sentry beat someone like Galactus out of nowhere. He simply has that kind of a X-Factor to him. But beating someone, who is easily in the top 10 or arguably even in the top 5 of the DC universe? Yeah, that ain't happening.

And there’s nothing -wrong- w. that.
I never understand when ppl insist on arguing their favorite characters as unbeatable, to the point of obsession.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
And there’s nothing -wrong- w. that.
I never understand when ppl insist on arguing their favorite characters as unbeatable, to the point of obsession.

I'm definitely guilty of this. The issue I see sometimes is when it becomes personal.

Also, guilty of that...

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lucifer stomps.

laughing out loud @ Bran bringing me up, I thought he’d “left” again after Abhi humiliated him.
Sometimes I think you might be more insane than you let on.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 03:49 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Enzeru
RealityWarper has been at a certain point for a very long time now.
He had to deal with so much written-verbal abuse, that he now starts insulting anyone, who opposes his opinion in the slightest. He immediately gets defensive, starts insulting people, bringing up his own beliefs and even worse... a bunch of fallacies. And all of that while failing to realize,

Nobody has abused me in those forum.

In this very thread the only thing I did was poiting a finger at Abhi because he is incapable to make a claim without twisting what's happening on panel.

It seems that you have find a soulmate.

quote:
that he himself is consumed by some of the biggest flaws in human psychology:

Dunning Krueger Effect
The Dunning Krueger Effect makes it so, that a person overestimates his or her own abilities and underestimates the abilities of others. RealityWarper thinks that he has figured it all out, while in fact he hasn't. And he is being told that over and over again, but... that's where the Backfire Effect kicks in.

Hilariously that's what you are doing all the time.

You know better than anyone including the writers and authors as you told me in a private message that you know better than Jenkins himself, the creator of the Sentry. laughing

You are the Donald Trump of this forum, Enzeru, and probably less than him because at least he was successful at something in his life. thumb up

Nobody knows better than you about the Sentry, even the guys writing and editing the character. laughing

quote:
Backfire Effect
The Backfire Effect makes it so, that once a person is confronted with opposing beliefs... their belief in their own take doesn't get challenged, but it gets even stronger. So when RealityWarper says that Sentry is multiversal and someone else says, that he isn't... RealityWarper believes even more that Sentry is multiversal.

I guess that you are referencing to the moments you are ingoring what the authors and the characters said about the character but all that doesn't matter.

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE WRITERS !

CONGRATULATIONS ! laughing

It doesn't matter if Bendis said that Sentry's POWER-LEVEL HAS NO LIMIT and that Jenkins backed-it up by saying that SENTRY CAN BEAT EVERYONE.

But what can you do when the backfire effect isn't enough ?

Ah yes, WILFULLY IGNORE EVERYTHING AND PREACH LIKE YOU ARE DOIND RELENTLESSLY SINCE 18 YEARS ! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH ! big grin

quote:
In the end of the day... Lucifer Morningstar wins.

Sentry erases Morningstar on a whim.

quote:

REALITY CHECK :

YOU ARE NOT THE WRITER OF SENTRY ! big grin

Your opinion is MEANINGLESS !

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:10 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by abhilegend
And Sentry wasn't even able to restore a city.

Such molecule powers.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:18 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Nobody has abused me in those forum.

In this very thread the only thing I did was poiting a finger at Abhi because he is incapable to make a claim without twisting what's happening on panel.

It seems that you have find a soulmate.

Hilariously that's what you are doing all the time.

You know better than anyone including the writers and authors as you told me in a private message that you know better than Jenkins himself, the creator of the Sentry. laughing

You are the Donald Trump of this forum, Enzeru, and probably less than him because at least he was successful at something in his life. thumb up

Nobody knows better than you about the Sentry, even the guys writing and editing the character. laughing

I guess that you are referencing to the moments you are ingoring what the authors and the characters said about the character but all that doesn't matter.

YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THE WRITERS !

CONGRATULATIONS ! laughing

It doesn't matter if Bendis said that Sentry's POWER-LEVEL HAS NO LIMIT and that Jenkins backed-it up by saying that SENTRY CAN BEAT EVERYONE.

But what can you do when the backfire effect isn't enough ?

Ah yes, WILFULLY IGNORE EVERYTHING AND PREACH LIKE YOU ARE DOIND RELENTLESSLY SINCE 18 YEARS ! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH ! big grin

Sentry erases Morningstar on a whim.

REALITY CHECK :

YOU ARE NOT THE WRITER OF SENTRY ! big grin

Your opinion is MEANINGLESS !

(please log in to view the image)

Someone got their panties in a bunch.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:30 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Someone got their panties in a bunch.

It would be if that petty meaningless poster wasn't insulting me since many years.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:41 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

A city man. Just a city.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:44 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

A city man. Just a city.

Ok Abhi XD

Get over the salt.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:45 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How about you get over the city?

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:46 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about you get over the city?

How about your understand the difference between RAW POWER and SKILL ? laughing

It's not like you are at school anymore, right ?

Oy maybe... laughing

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:49 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

A city man. Just a city.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:02 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Sometimes I think you might be more insane than you let on.
using the same type of material again and again doesn’t work for you.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:04 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Insane Titan
using the same type of material again and again doesn’t work for you.
It makes me giggle.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:10 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

A city man. Just a city.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:22 PM