KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Least favorite games (That everyone else likes)

Least favorite games (That everyone else likes)
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah the atmosphere is always really well done, they capture the feel of whatever location the game takes place in to near perfection. Also the characters are usually great and fun.

The gameplay itself and the mission structure is what I usually get bored with.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 09:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
DMC is the second coming because it started the whole Action Character genre. And when it came out there was nothing quite like it in the industry.

Hmm, pretty much true. Aside from Fighting Force, there wasn't really anything..

Even at the time, I felt it was rough around the edges though. And I don't just mean mechanics, I thought the heavy emphasis on combining just to combo was a turn off..

Later games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden refined the formula, and made them into fun experiences.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 10:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tbh GTA always tries too hard for my taste.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Went back into Metroid Prime.

Yep, still don't like it. Most "challenge" happens for all the wrong reasons. Camera issues, so you misjudge a jump, how far away something like Omega Pirate is, or are unable to keep track of the phason pools to the side. And the controls are all wrong, with the "Morph" button getting in the way when you're trying to shoot/charge and hop at the same time, so "whoops, morphed".

Sure, you can eventually learn around those issues, but that doesn't make it not bad design..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 04:55 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The camera or morph ball button never really got in my way like that. Using Gamecube controller or Wiimote? Am mostly used to the former, so I can't speak as much for the latter, but regarding the Omega Pirate, I will say that him being able to summon those troopers while he's regenerating was overkill; speaking mostly from experience with the hardest difficulty level and my one low item % playthrough attempt, but still. **** that guy. Had a cool music theme, at least.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 08:18 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Tbh GTA always tries too hard for my taste.
"Tries too hard".

Not sure what you mean, but alright.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 09:26 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It tries too hard to be a satire and ends up being a tasteless parody for edgy kids. Imo.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 12:10 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If GTA is parody for edgy kids, then what does that make Devil May Cry? evil face

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 12:45 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The action series with the most complex and rewarding combat system outside fighting games which has a heart GTA wishes it had. thumb up

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 12:56 AM
Jmanghan

It tries too hard to be a satire and ends up being a tasteless parody for edgy kids. Imo.
I thought it was hilarious and well-written.

It's supposed to be a satire of our real world in everything it does, the whole joke is that Franklin and Michael are normal while everyone else is annoying and crazy, I think it's done very well.

Also, Trevor was hilarious, the 7 dollars bit with Franklin's auntie was crackin me up.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 01:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I thought it was hilarious and well-written.

It's supposed to be a satire of our real world in everything it does, the whole joke is that Franklin and Michael are normal while everyone else is annoying and crazy, I think it's done very well.

Also, Trevor was hilarious, the 7 dollars bit with Franklin's auntie was crackin me up.
Agreed. I like the satirical take on normal people GTA gives. It's the same kind of humor as Arrested Development, and IMO one of the best ways to do comedy.

GTA has it's fair share of misses, but when it hits, it hits hard.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 03:11 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Multiplayer games.

You buy into it for the characters or themes, and discover everything you like isn't viable. Winning at any cost becomes the point, and you realize you could as easily be playing around with multi-colored lines on a black background, as long as you have a good win/loss record.

And then you ask why you're bothering.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 03:04 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Fortnite - Causal Trash

Final Fantasy games, or similar games were you have 5 minute cutscenes every 10 minutes. Want to play not watch a movie.

Console games - Don't hold my interest like when I was younger. Also controller = Garbo.

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 25th, 2018 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:15 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah I'm not big on Fortnite myself. I wouldn't say the game is bad, but it is very average for such a gigantically popular game.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:46 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Inhuman

Also controller = Garbo.

Still need to use one when on PC

i couldn't care less personally as i can use both the controller and Keyboard & mouse.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 05:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Fortnite - Causal Trash

Final Fantasy games, or similar games were you have 5 minute cutscenes every 10 minutes. Want to play not watch a movie.

Console games - Don't hold my interest like when I was younger. Also controller = Garbo.
Tumblr guy in a nutshell

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 08:02 AM
Jmanghan

Fortnite - Causal Trash

The original Dissidia games will do you justice, the new one might also do you justice but I don't like it as much, if you're a fan of online, get the new one, but if you enjoy a fighting game with legitimately astronomically overwhelming content, get the originals, they have as much content as the Smash Bros. games, IIRC, if not more. Hell there's even a quest creation mode where you can create your own dialog, letter-by-letter.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:52 PM
Jmanghan

Fortnite - Causal Trash

Console games?...

So you only ever enjoy games that were released exclusively on PC? Which is a very rare occurrence in this day and age.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 12:53 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I play plenty of pc games with a controller.

Hooked up to a tv, like a console.

Not contradicting him, to each his own, it's just funny how I've gone the opposite direction. I think my favorite thing to play is a PS2 slim... Games hit that sweet spot between depth and simplicity.

I mean, your Skyrims are certainly fun, but not exactly relaxing in the same way Arc the Lad or Okami is.

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 25th, 2018 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:31 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Only a casual who has never played a game outside shooters would say that controllers are inherently garbage. Hell, even TPSs are better suited to play with a joistick lol.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 04:39 PM