KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hela vs Odin

Hela vs Odin
Started by: K-Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K-Dog

Hela vs Odin

It’s father versus daughter, friends. Scenario one—she comes to Asgard At the beginning of the first Thor movie, right when Thor almost gets crowned king, and Odin senses there is danger, like he did with the frost Giants. For whatever reason, only Odin can fight her at this point. Who wins?

Scenario to it is similar, but let’s pretend that Odin is younger, and at the peak of his fighting ability and powers.

Both scenarios let’s assume that she is at the power level when she had to fight Surter. It was stated that the longer she stayed in the Asgard the more powerful she got. She crushed Thors hammer before she even got there.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 07:14 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Odin wins in both. He was the only one that was able to imprison her. Honestly MCU Odin is WAY underpowered but he's still > Hela.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 24th, 2018 08:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Odin was the one who initially beat hela. Since his only feats are only mentioned, imma assume that he hasn't lost too much power with age and beats her again.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 09:24 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K-Dog
It’s father versus daughter, friends. Scenario one—she comes to Asgard At the beginning of the first Thor movie, right when Thor almost gets crowned king, and Odin senses there is danger, like he did with the frost Giants. For whatever reason, only Odin can fight her at this point. Who wins?

Scenario to it is similar, but let’s pretend that Odin is younger, and at the peak of his fighting ability and powers.

Both scenarios let’s assume that she is at the power level when she had to fight Surter. It was stated that the longer she stayed in the Asgard the more powerful she got. She crushed Thors hammer before she even got there.

Old Odin loses...Young Odin beats.

I wonder if Odin beat Hela on Asgard...

Old Post May 24th, 2018 11:06 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

I wonder if Odin beat Hela on Asgard...

Of course That Would Have Been The Ideal Place To Settle Their Differences.. They Wouldnt Take Their Family Problems Outside? Or Would They?? shifty

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:11 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Odin gets smashed out when he falls asleep in the middle of their fight lol... Odin from the comics deserves utmost respect as a deity but MCU version is a weak old man who's on screen feats couldn't do shit to Hela; guy couldn't even beat up Hawkeye lol

Old Post May 25th, 2018 07:19 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There is a reason Hela only returned after Odin died.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 07:26 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

an off screen reason, Odin power set consist of esoteric abilities that haven't ever been proven in a fight on screen

Old Post May 25th, 2018 09:53 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We know that Odin is the one that imprisoned her and that she only escaped after he died. We also know that Odin can strip Asgardians of their power.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 10:26 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah the guy was damn powerful. he battered surtur to the extent that 500000 years later he hadn't recovered. But in the end he lost to the enemy his daughter rules over. DEATH

Old Post May 25th, 2018 10:57 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by relentless1
Odin gets smashed out when he falls asleep in the middle of their fight lol... Odin from the comics deserves utmost respect as a deity but MCU version is a weak old man who's on screen feats couldn't do shit to Hela; guy couldn't even beat up Hawkeye lol
You didn't watch Thor 1 apparently. Odin easily took Mjolnir from Thor and banished him WHILST stripping him of his God powers effortlessly. Odin also ported in to "Save "(Thor didn't need saving) his sons from the Frost giants and using magic to protect them as they traveled back to Asgard.
Odin didn't NEED to use his powers much. At the VERY WORST, Old Odin wins just by keeping Hela imprisoned. She was only able to even manifest herself in the MCU when he died. Odin wins every scenario.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 25th, 2018 01:27 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Odin. We don’t get to see that much of a fully powered Odin beat he beat her once. He’d do it again. Implied power and actual facts matter here.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 01:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by The Spectre+
Of course That Would Have Been The Ideal Place To Settle Their Differences.. They Wouldnt Take Their Family Problems Outside? Or Would They?? shifty

I think they didnt battled on Asgard.

Odin himself claimed that Hela on Asgard would be "unstoppable". So, if the battle took place on Asgard then Odin's words would make no sense.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 03:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You didn't watch Thor 1 apparently. Odin easily took Mjolnir from Thor and banished him WHILST stripping him of his God powers effortlessly. Odin also ported in to "Save "(Thor didn't need saving) his sons from the Frost giants and using magic to protect them as they traveled back to Asgard.
Odin didn't NEED to use his powers much. At the VERY WORST, Old Odin wins just by keeping Hela imprisoned. She was only able to even manifest herself in the MCU when he died. Odin wins every scenario.

thats an esoteric power, very specific and unusable in battle, might I also remind you that he fell into the Odinsleep not long after; heavily implied to be as a result of his emotional distress from this action and revelation to Loki; in other words the guy cant even use this power strip on his kids without it weakening him

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:52 PM
Silent Master

Why would removing her power be unusable in battle?

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:59 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

thats an esoteric power, very specific and unusable in battle, might I also remind you that he fell into the Odinsleep not long after; heavily implied to be as a result of his emotional distress from this action and revelation to Loki; in other words the guy cant even use this power strip on his kids without it weakening him
It was more likely that Odin had forgone sleep for much too long whilst raising his kids. Also, if we take into account that Thor is over 1,500 years old then that makes Odin incredibly ancient. In his prime he would be a sight to behold. But even as it stands he still had enough power to keep Hela imprisoned. It wasn't until he died that she finally came back and it was immediate.

So again, at the VERY WORST Old Odin would be able to win just by imprisoning her again.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 07:15 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Old Odin loses.

He is too weak to engage in such a fight.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 07:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

^ Bingo

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 25th, 2018 08:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I don't see why he would just be able to strip her power away like nothing, or imprisoned her on a whim.

Just because he stripped Thor of his power doesn't mean he can do it to someone more powerful than Thor. If he could then why would he say things like

"Her violent appetite grew beyond my control"

"I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. I locked her away"

I feel like if he could just strip her powers like he did to thor, then it would have been pretty easy for him to control her violent appetite and/or stop her, which he admitted he couldn't do.

Also we have no idea how he imprisoned her, what he used or what help he had. We do know that he sent the entire Valkyrie army after Hela first rather than facing her himself.

As for him keeping her imprisoned, I've always thought that he kept her locked away thru some sort of spell or enchantment that would only be removed/broken upon his death. Not that he was constantly powering what ever means he used to lock her away (if that was the case why wouldn't she have been freed when he was in the Odin sleep, or under lokis spell?) or because she was afraid to come back.

"My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I can not keep her away any longer."

I always interpreted that as what ever spell or enchntment he used was tied to his life and when he dies she will be free, and his time was up.

Im not arguing that she would beat him, just that he just can't strip her powers or imprison her whenever he feels like it.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:16 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

She's obviously more powerful than Thor, but she was still defeated by Odin and there's no reason to believe he couldn't do so again. Maybe he couldn't take away her powers and that's fine, maybe the two choices were kill Hela or imprison her; he chose gaol. Whatever it is, Odin beat her.

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:21 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote