KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How much did Solo suck?

How much did it suck?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The worst Star Wars movie so far 1 4.55%
All 34 inches 1 4.55%
Just the tip 1 4.55%
Didn't suck but wasn't good either 6 27.27%
Twas good 10 45.45%
Amazing 3 13.64%
The best Star Wars movie so far 0 0%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How much did Solo suck?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

How much did Solo suck?

Haven't seen it and don't plan to unless it gets crazy praise, which it hasn't from critics, but I wanna hear you guys' thoughts.

Last edited by Azronger on May 25th, 2018 at 03:59 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2018 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I thought it was really good. I thought most of the characters were great, the world building was strong, and the tension / comedy good and consistent. The weakest part was the battles, but even that was decent.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 25th, 2018 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It was fine, go see it.

Old Post May 25th, 2018 06:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Ain't gonna bother rotten tomatoes has it at 54%

Old Post May 25th, 2018 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty set on not seeing it in theaters. Rotten Tomator and IMDb have spoken.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 25th, 2018 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Decent at best but the surprise at the end is worth the price of admission for me. Seeing it again just for that. The acting is all pretty well done I just never cared for Solo and these characters. Not my thing my thing arrives at the end.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:20 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Did Darth Maul appear in the end?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 26th, 2018 06:14 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord

Yes...and just as painful to watch as he usually is.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 07:40 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Wait what Maul's actually in it? Lol

Old Post May 26th, 2018 08:37 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Yeah, he was apparantly quite active around that time. It's a short cameo but it's nice

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post May 26th, 2018 08:45 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 26th, 2018 09:24 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Go and see it. Support Star Wars.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:15 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

Maul appears in a cameo that makes little sense for it's place in the timeline, yes.

Don't see this movie. There's literally two better ones you could see again. Likely for less as well.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:54 PM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Maul appears in a cameo that makes little sense for it's place in the timeline, yes.

Don't see this movie. There's literally two better ones you could see again. Likely for less as well.
Or see this and the other films. You limit yourself and a]don’t seem to be much of a Star Wars fan tbh. Horrible fanbase in general always complaining they hate Disney, hate this hate that, won’t see it but claim to be huge fans despite openly trashing the brand.

Go see the film.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:16 PM
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Greysentinel365

It's 8 years after RotS IIRC, of course it's logical Maul's still active.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:55 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

FFS! Why... Seems like pandering. Does Maul do anything worthwhile?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 26th, 2018 08:54 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

FFS! Why... Seems like pandering. Does Maul do anything worthwhile?

Nope, he just tells Danaerys that their partnership is going to expand. He activates his lightsaber on the hologram for some reason.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 09:16 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Nope, he just tells Danaerys that their partnership is going to expand. He activates his lightsaber on the hologram for some reason.
Fan service. I love it. If someone wouldn't mind spoiling the movie for me in a pm or here please do so.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 26th, 2018 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Just watched it a few minutes ago. I really liked even if I never cared particularly for Han. I liked the introduced in the movies the Pike, that they explored a bit the underworld of the criminal mafie in the SW Universe, liked also some references to the Expanded Universe or to little details like Emilia Clarke using Teras Kasi (which I think wasn’t canon yet, right?), Solo’s dices etc I also liked Maul’s cameo and appreciated most of the characters, from Hans Solo and Lando to Tobias and L3, except for one character that almost ruined it for me..

That other pirate/smuggler that was Tobias’s sworn enemy, he was cool and all, his fight scene against Tobias was good, then she takes off her mask and.. she is a ****ing teenager. Gosh why a 16 year old girl, why not a badass guy. And the next scene she was all friendly with Solo and Becket while like until 2 minutes before they were sworn enemies. She was so annoying, have her keep her mask and shut up and the movie is better. Also as other have said fighting scenes (especially the final one) weren’t that great but overall enjoyable. It’s a 8/10 for me

Old Post May 26th, 2018 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeviantDefiance
KurkReborn

As someone who doesn't like the direction Disney is taking the franchise, it wasn't that bad, I was planning on not seeing it but I was invited to watch it so I caved.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 04:34 AM
Click here to Send DeviantDefiance a Private Message Find more posts by DeviantDefiance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote