KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How much did Solo suck?

How much did it suck?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The worst Star Wars movie so far 1 4.55%
All 34 inches 1 4.55%
Just the tip 1 4.55%
Didn't suck but wasn't good either 6 27.27%
Twas good 10 45.45%
Amazing 3 13.64%
The best Star Wars movie so far 0 0%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How much did Solo suck?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sacrilege.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

AOTC Kenobi beard >>>> the entirety of Thrawn's character.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Blasphemer.

(please log in to view the image)

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:08 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
AOTC Kenobi beard >>>> the entirety of Thrawn's character.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:27 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:33 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
We shouldn't support shit. Your ticket is your vote if you don't buy it forces Disney to make better movies.

thumb up

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:49 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

As Total Warrior mentioned: the lightsaber was just a blatant way to show viewers it was indeed Maul, and not just another criminal boss or w/e. Keep in mind, casual viewers(that is to say, those who've never watched any SW media outside the primary films) would have absolutely NO idea that Maul was 'resurrected', and running most of the criminal underworld in the timeframe Solo is set... As far as they are concerned, he died way back in TPM.

So as I'm sure you can imagine, his cameo has cause quite a bit of outrage across the interweb... People just don't understand why/how the dude is still randomly alive, and why/how he's in charge of all the baddies, lol. That said, I would imagine the episodes of TCW and Rebels that center around Maul will receive a spike in viewership in the next few weeks. /shrug
I bet they wish they didn't kill him now, or treat him like shit

Old Post May 28th, 2018 04:05 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

As Total Warrior mentioned: the lightsaber was just a blatant way to show viewers it was indeed Maul, and not just another criminal boss or w/e. Keep in mind, casual viewers(that is to say, those who've never watched any SW media outside the primary films) would have absolutely NO idea that Maul was 'resurrected', and running most of the criminal underworld in the timeframe Solo is set... As far as they are concerned, he died way back in TPM.

So as I'm sure you can imagine, his cameo has cause quite a bit of outrage across the interweb... People just don't understand why/how the dude is still randomly alive, and why/how he's in charge of all the baddies, lol. That said, I would imagine the episodes of TCW and Rebels that center around Maul will receive a spike in viewership in the next few weeks. /shrug
Ah i thought the red mandalorian armor was from Deathwatch. But I guess it's from the old republic era. Pretty cool that his desk is a Sith tablet tho. thx for that!

yeah i guess that makes sense for Maul. Still trying to figure out the timeline though. Solo takes place like 8 years after ROTS. how the heck does maul still have control of the criminal underworld? does he still control mandalore also?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
Ah i thought the red mandalorian armor was from Deathwatch. But I guess it's from the old republic era. Pretty cool that his desk is a Sith tablet tho. thx for that!
He also has a reconstructed Sith Holocron in his treasury:

yeah i guess that makes sense for Maul. Still trying to figure out the timeline though. Solo takes place like 8 years after ROTS. how the heck does maul still have control of the criminal underworld? does he still control mandalore also?
After the events of Son of Dathomir(set just before RotS), Maul still controlled the Pykes, Black Sun, Dathomir, and Mandalore, and merged them all into a singular organization he called 'The Shadow Collective'.

In the Ahsoka novelization, Ahsoka confronted Maul on Mandalore just as Palpatine commenced Order 66. Maul escaped in the ensuing chaos, but ultimately lost Mandalore to the Empire.

Between the events of RotS and the Solo film, Maul has evidently gone back to his station as a boss in the criminal underworld, and reorganized the Shadow Collective into 'Crimson Dawn' -- and he evidently runs things from Dathomir. Unknown if Crimson Dawn is still an amalgamation of the Pykes, Black Sun, etc., but it is still a vast/powerful organization nonetheless.

Between the events of Solo and Rebels, Maul either lost(or flat-out abandoned) his position in the criminal underworld, and travelled to Malachor in order to obtain a weapon that would allow him to defeat Vader/Palpatine... And he remained stranded on the world for years(?), unable to unleash the 'Sith-super-weapon', until Ezra(and co.) ventured there in Season 2.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 28th, 2018 at 07:04 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2018 06:55 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

In the movie its mentioned the Crimson Dawn have a fragile alliance with the Pykes, so they at least are no longer in it.

Anyway, very intrigued to see where they go with this.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

He also has a reconstructed Sith Holocron in his treasury:

Between the events of Solo and Rebels, Maul either lost(or flat-out abandoned) his position in the criminal underworld, and travelled to Malachor in order to obtain a weapon that would allow him to defeat Vader/Palpatine... And he remained stranded on the world for years(?), unable to unleash the 'Sith-super-weapon', until Ezra(and co.) ventured there in Season 2.
Very nice.. now i just have to wonder WHOSE holocron that is? Is that mentioned anywhere?

See thats the part of Mauls timeline i hope the fleshout. How did he lose his position? He seems to have massive power and authority in this movie, so i'm surprised if he;d just give that up. And how did he even know about the Sith temple on malachor? Assuming he may have studied ancient Sith texts and what not.?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I don’t understand why they released it when they did. Might have performed better if there was a single shred of hype, but how do you hype a film before infinity war? A month is not enough time to bring the hype from the ground up either...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Very nice.. now i just have to wonder WHOSE holocron that is? Is that mentioned anywhere?
All we know is that Dryden has a restored Holocron in his collection(that he is willing to sell.) No clue whose it is... Could be Maul's for all we know. /shrug

See thats the part of Mauls timeline i hope the fleshout. How did he lose his position? He seems to have massive power and authority in this movie, so i'm surprised if he;d just give that up.
It is unlikely that Maul would just willingly give up his station without a fight. That said, he was clearly familiar with the Inquisitors and Vader during Rebels("I cannot defeat Vader alone", etc.), so I wouldn't be surprised if they had already fought at some point before Maul went to Malachor... That would explain why he was no longer running the criminal underworld in the Rebels era, and why he went into hiding/fled to Malachor in the first place.

And how did he even know about the Sith temple on malachor? Assuming he may have studied ancient Sith texts and what not.?
No, it's because Maul had been there before:
https://i.imgur.com/4LTpeOp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gFaOiSu.jpg
-Darth Maul #2 (2017)

Old Post May 28th, 2018 11:25 PM
TheIndyJedi

The Darth Maul bit was obvious fanservice, but still it shows that Disney at least acknowledges their own canon. You would think they would be afraid to put someone like him in a movie, since the general audience (who these films are mainly aimed at) believed Maul died for real in Phantom Menace.
So in a way I am sort of impressed with Disney, eventhough their last few films haven't been that "great".

Old Post May 29th, 2018 11:32 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Yeah. That is why I didn't pay to get in.

Was really easy seeing as how the theater was over three quarters Empty.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Second viewing.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 07:26 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Infinity War was a great film

Old Post May 29th, 2018 07:57 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by CuckedCurry
Nope, he just tells Danaerys that their partnership is going to expand. He activates his lightsaber on the hologram for some reason.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 05:30 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Kurk
I don't want to see them ruin this franchise by milking the cash cow to death.
You're about 19 years too late for that train, buddy.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 30th, 2018 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote