KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
loved the addition of pink floyd in the trailer. obvious message to the extreme nerd base (myself). it is indeed finally happening... presumably

Yeah, the trailer is so fucking good.

I'm still reading the book again and really enjoying it. God I can't wait to see Denis V's adaptation.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:50 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My Dune boner throbs and grows with every passing day.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2020 07:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i think it's possible that rabban dies early. if not, he barely escapes

i don't think that this film can't simply end with an hour+ of non-climax screentime. you can certainly get away with that in a drama (irishman, amirite?), and in the concluding act you can drag the post-climax out for infinity if you want (return of the king, amirite?), but you can't get away with that in act one of an action scifi. there is a substantial series of events from the time of duke leto's assassination, up until usul/muad'dib is named, and then until jessica takes the water of life. tbh i think leto will be dead @90min into the film, with another hour/hour and a half to spare.

I think rabban will be used as the sacrificial lamb to rectify this and keep with movie-making theory and tradition of an end-of-film climax and significant win, with muad'dib leading a fremen raid on some approaching invasion force or outpost which rabban is overseeing. sure they could just end it with their first raid on some harkonen spice harvesters...but where is the sense of fulfillment in that? what if the first star wars ended with the rebels blowing up some minor property of the empire, providing a barely noticeable inconvenience to the emperor?

rabban is a minor character (in the books especially). apart from serving as a disposable pawn in the baron's scheme to place feyd on the throne, and giving a backstory to gurney halleck, rabban really doesn't do shit.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Sep 25th, 2020 at 03:17 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 03:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Do you even Dune, bro?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2020 11:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you shut your cvnt

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2020 01:44 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Not even sure if Dune even comes out this year.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2020 03:05 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's still scheduled for Dec 18th 2020.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 04:44 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yes for now it's staying but with the way this year has went its not a sure thing right now.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 10:51 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Of course, second wave of covid-19 could close down enough theaters that they shelve it until 2021.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2020 11:05 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Robtard
Of course, second wave of covid-19 could close down enough theaters that they shelve it until 2021.

i will pay out the ass if necessary, to view it streaming on december 18th. i think it's possible. but also possible they postpone, as they avoided tagging the date at the end of the trailer. seems like they're leaving the option open

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i will pay out the ass if necessary, to view it streaming on december 18th. i think it's possible. but also possible they postpone, as they avoided tagging the date at the end of the trailer. seems like they're leaving the option open

Dunno man, can't wait to see this, but I also want the big screen and booming sound of the theater experience to break my cherry.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 09:17 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i used to say things like that in the 90's when we didn't all have cinema-quality screens in our homes

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 10:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I got a big TV and some pretty decent sound. Still not the same for a film like this.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 11:02 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

know what my home theater doesn't have? covid

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 11:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2020 11:40 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Dunno man, can't wait to see this, but I also want the big screen and booming sound of the theater experience to break my cherry.

Yup. I definitely want the best theater experience possible with this bad boy.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 04:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

delayed...until LATE 2021. Noooooooooooooo!!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 07:58 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

F**K! Shit! Piss!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:00 PM
ares834

Probably for the best if we ever want a sequel to be made.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by ares834
Probably for the best if we ever want a sequel to be made.

'
fair point

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:22 PM