KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Kurse is overrated! Thor defeats Kurse! Disagree?

Kurse is overrated! Thor defeats Kurse! Disagree?
Started by: Josh_Alexander

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Let's just simplify things so you can get it:

Kurse hit Thor a TOTAL of 14 times. Half of which is spread out and gave Thor some time to recover and the other half within a span of a ground and pound

Hulk hit Thor 14 times on a single ground and pound. With a few hits prior.

Do you think that if Hulk had hit Thor 7 times then given Thor time to recover THEN hit Thor 7 times again, that Thor would be worse off than if Hulk had just hit Tho 14 times consecutively?

How is Thor being in "better shape" prior to the GnP even relevant here? It's simple math man.

Taking your analogy, it's like lifting a day before an arm wrestling match vs lifting DURING the arm wrestling match and then not resting in-between matches.

Provably, Kurse is the better striker, fighter and has more-or-less close to the same level durability as Hulk with regards to how he treated Thor's hits.

And I already answered that last question in my first reply.

I believe that if Hulk would have had a big rock to throw at Thor the way Kurse did, he would have required less than 7 punches to finish him.

You forgot to add the fact that Thor received a massive boulder prior to that.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:31 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I believe that if Hulk would have had a big rock to throw at Thor the way Kurse did, he would have required less than 7 punches to finish him.

You forgot to add the fact that Thor received a massive boulder prior to that.

How is a rock more powerful than Hulk's punches? Think about it for a second. Hulk would have busted that rock with a power punch easily. Heck, Kurse busted a good chunk of it with a punch, too.

Think, man.

Kurse only needed it to press his advantage to not allow Thor time to recover.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:34 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

How is a rock more powerful than Hulk's punches? Think about it for a second. Hulk would have busted that rock with a power punch easily. Heck, Kurse busted a good chunk of it with a punch, too.

Think, man.

Kurse only needed it to press his advantage to not allow Thor time to recover.

Again, the movie to me has errors. However feats are feats. Thor received a massive boulder which 'apparently' hurt him, since he didn't move from there until Kurse was over punching him.

And I agree, Kurse fight with Thor ended way better than Hulk's fight with Thor.

But i think it's due to the Rock-Paper-Scissors analogy, and not because Kurse is somewhat better than Hulk.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:37 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Again, the movie to me has errors. However feats are feats. Thor received a massive boulder which 'apparently' hurt him, since he didn't move from there until Kurse was over punching him.

And I agree, Kurse fight with Thor ended way better than Hulk's fight with Thor.

But i think it's due to the Rock-Paper-Scissors analogy.

Thor was already obviously hurt already before the rock hit him, it was just another hit from a string of constant hits Kurse was beating him down with. Again, it is telling that every hit Kurse was dishing out stunned Thor enough that he'd need time to recover while every hit Hulk had was basically shaken off by Thor.

And it is insane to think a big rock (that may weigh just under 300 tons) > Hulk's fist (that managed to punch out a 1k ton Leviathan). No way will I accept that.

I don't accept the rock-paper-scissors comparison. Hulk is slower (defensively), less skilled and less precise than Kurse. Kurse has, provably, better striking effectiveness than Hulk and the only difference seems to be durability w/c isn't that big of a gap (if we compare them using Thor's punches) while Kurse basically just ignores pain.

If Kurse is able to land more hits, with each hit doing more damage, while ignoring the hits he does take (even if he takes more damage in the end), just how is Hulk beating him?

In an MMA fight, would you bet on the bigger bodybuilder/weightlifter with a weaker and slower punch than a seasoned MMA striker that has been shown to have deadly KO power?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 07:55 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thor was already obviously hurt already before the rock hit him, it was just another hit from a string of constant hits Kurse was beating him down with. Again, it is telling that every hit Kurse was dishing out stunned Thor enough that he'd need time to recover while every hit Hulk had was basically shaken off by Thor.

And it is insane to think a big rock (that may weigh just under 300 tons) > Hulk's fist (that managed to punch out a 1k ton Leviathan). No way will I accept that.

I don't accept the rock-paper-scissors comparison. Hulk is slower (defensively), less skilled and less precise than Kurse. Kurse has, provably, better striking effectiveness than Hulk and the only difference seems to be durability w/c isn't that big of a gap (if we compare them using Thor's punches) while Kurse basically just ignores pain.

If Kurse is able to land more hits, with each hit doing more damage, while ignoring the hits he does take (even if he takes more damage in the end), just how is Hulk beating him?

In an MMA fight, would you bet on the bigger bodybuilder/weightlifter with a weaker and slower punch than a seasoned MMA striker that has been shown to have deadly KO power?

You yourself answered your question.

I don't see Kurse being able to take a 1K Ton punch from the Hulk. Also, Kurse is fast, but there is no way he is dodging Hulk punches like Thor does.

If you compare Thor with Hulk. Thor is small! He is agile and able to easily dodge Hulk's attacks. Kurse on the other hand is big. He aint dodging punches. And you already agreed that Hulk is stronger so, Kurse's strength won't matter here.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on May 27th, 2018 at 08:47 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 08:44 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

You yourself answered your question.

I don't see Kurse being able to take a 1K Ton punch from the Hulk. Also, Kurse is fast, but there is no way he is dodging Hulk punches like Thor does.

If you compare Thor with Hulk. Thor is small! He is agile and able to easily dodge Hulk's attacks. Kurse on the other hand is big. He aint dodging punches. And you already agreed that Hulk is stronger so, Kurse's strength won't matter here.

Showings disagree with you.

Kurse dodged/blocked Thor's punches. Thor is smaller and faster and more skilled than Hulk. See where I'm going here?

Where did I say I agreed to Hulk being stronger? Why won't Kurse's strength matter?

Again:

Old Post May 27th, 2018 08:55 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Showings disagree with you.

Kurse dodged/blocked Thor's punches. Thor is smaller and faster and more skilled than Hulk. See where I'm going here?

Where did I say I agreed to Hulk being stronger? Why won't Kurse's strength matter?

Again:

Kurse wasn't dodging Thor's punches, he was blocking them.

Hulk has greater feats of strength than Kurse. Furthermore, Kurse only stopped beating Thor because he got impaled by Loki. Isn't like Thor wasn't willing to take more punches or that Kurse would have stopped.

And again, the circumstances prior to Thor being on the ground getting punched are quite different in both scenarios.

And my bad, i thought you did.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on May 27th, 2018 at 09:20 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:11 PM
Silent Master

And you already agreed that Hulk is stronger so, Kurse's strength won't matter here.

Where did he agree that the Hulk was stronger?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
Where did he agree that the Hulk was stronger?

I already clarified that.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:17 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Kurse wasn't dodging Thor's punches, he was blocking them.

Hulk has greater feats of strength than Kurse. Furthermore, Kurse only stopped beating Thor because he got impaled by Loki. Isn't like Thor wasn't willing to take more punches or that Kurse would have stopped.

And again, the circumstances prior to Thor being on the ground getting punched are quite different in both scenarios.

I provided time stamps. He blocked one punch, he dodged (ducked under) one punch. Pls review.

No, he has a Leviathan punch. Which is the more quantifiable "feat". The latter punches are just hard to quantify as we have no measurable metric other than Thor's face's durability.

However, If you think a straight punch would be much stronger than a full powered ground pound (they would be comparable IMO), then we have nothing else to discuss.

I don't get your logic here. How does Kurse needing to be stopped by Loki help your case? If anything, it proves my case.

Sigh. How are you not getting:

Hulk punches Thor 14 times in a single ground pound.

Kurse punches Thor 14 times spread out across a long fight, half of which occurred during a ground pound, but where Thor had multiple chances to recover.

Kurse's punches had a much better effect. The circumstances of Thor prior to Hulk's GnP are meaningless and completely irrelevant as Hulk had the chance to completely make up for the difference in hits/damage during his GnP.

This is as simple as logic can get. Again, how are you not getting it? At this point, I don't know what else I can tell you so you can understand.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:25 PM
Silent Master

I already clarified that.

By clarified, you mean admit that he never said it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:26 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

@Josh

If you missed my post about Thor dodging/blocking, here:

Kurse actually managed to block and dodge Thor's attacks (0:11, 0:37) as well as managed to backhand a bumrushing flying Thor AND deflect Mjolnir at the last split-second while his back was turned. Why wouldn't he be able to dodge/block Hulk's attacks (where Thor was able to dodge and block Hulk's)?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:31 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I provided time stamps. He blocked one punch, he dodged (ducked under) one punch. Pls review.

No, he has a Leviathan punch. Which is the more quantifiable "feat". The latter punches are just hard to quantify as we have no measurable metric other than Thor's face's durability.

However, If you think a straight punch would be much stronger than a full powered ground pound (they would be comparable IMO), then we have nothing else to discuss.

I don't get your logic here. How does Kurse needing to be stopped by Loki help your case? If anything, it proves my case.

Sigh. How are you not getting:

Hulk punches Thor 14 times in a single ground pound.

Kurse punches Thor 14 times spread out across a long fight, half of which occurred during a ground pound, but where Thor had multiple chances to recover.

Kurse's punches had a much better effect. The circumstances of Thor prior to Hulk's GnP are meaningless and completely irrelevant as Hulk had the chance to completely make up for the difference in hits/damage during his GnP.

This is as simple as logic can get. Again, how are you not getting it? At this point, I don't know what else I can tell you so you can understand.

Well, whatever it is, Kurse had a better result in the fight with Thor, i never disagreed.

Whether it's PIS or something else, it's clear that for some reason Kurse's punches 'damaged' Thor more.

Yet, again, the most clear show of strength are the Leviathan and Boulder feat. Whilst in a fight you don't really know how much strength characters are putting in their fists.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:38 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
By clarified, you mean admit that he never said it?

I retracted my words. I thought he said so.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:39 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Well, whatever it is, Kurse had a better result in the fight with Thor, i never disagreed.

Whether it's PIS or something else, it's clear that for some reason Kurse's punches 'damaged' Thor more.

Yet, again, the most clear shown of strength are the Leviathan and Boulder feat. Whilst in a fight you don't really know how much strength characters are putting in their fists.

Already covered this. Those aren't the clearest, just the most quantifiable. We don't know if the boulder throw tested the full extent of Kurse's strength.

The clearest comparative metric is an apples-to-applies approach where both Kurse's and Hulk's punches are tested against Thor's face within similar circumstances (edit) that eliminates secondary factors like skill and precision (ground and pound). There is little/no reason to believe that they'd pull their punches.

And in that metric Kurse > Hulk. Clearly and conclusively.

/thread.

Last edited by Nibedicus on May 27th, 2018 at 09:45 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:42 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Already covered this. Those aren't the clearest, just the most quantifiable. We don't know if the boulder throw tested the full extent of Kurse's strength.

The clearest comparative metric is an apples-to-applies approach where both Kurse's and Hulk's punches are tested against Thor's face within similar circumstances (edit) that eliminates secondary factors like skill and precision (ground and pound). There is little/no reason to believe that they'd pull their punches.

And in that metric Kurse > Hulk. Clearly and conclusively.

/thread.

And yet the opposite occurs with the scenarios, althought they are similar and the most clear (For both were hitting Thor's face) they aren't quantifiable. You can't assure Hulk was hitting Thor with the same force he hit the Leviathan or he hit Hulkbuster armor.

In your metric i would agree that Kurse appears stronger, but that doesn't cover for max strength.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:47 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

And yet the opposite occurs with the scenarios, althought they are similar and the most clear (For both were hitting Thor's face) they aren't quantifiable. You can't assure Hulk was hitting Thor with the same force he hit the Leviathan or he hit Hulkbuster armor.

In your metric i would agree that Kurse appears stronger, but that doesn't cover for max strength.

We can't be sure of anything in a fictional setting. We can't, for example, assume that the Leviathan punch was Hulk's strongest either.

The need for quantification becomes unnecessary when provided with an apples-to-apples scenario. We do not need to precisely clock the speed 2 cars if we can simply race the 2 in a straight line to see which is faster.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:51 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Josh is just frustrated that people voted for Kurse over Thanos in the Kurse vs. Thanos thread. So now he's bending over backwards to try and discredit Kurse, going so far as to turn a blind eye to such obvious facts like:

1. Thor hurt Hulk with his punches, Thor couldn't budge Kurse with his punches. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in durability.

2. Kurse's punches hurt Thor far worse than Hulk's punches. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in strength, or at least in striking strength.

3. Thor dodged around Hulk's blows and beat him to the punch. Kurse blocked and dodged Thor's blows and beat him to the punch. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in speed, reflexes and fighting skill.

In the end, while Kurse vs. Thanos is debatable, Kurse vs. Hulk is clearly in Kurse's favor. Josh is stupid to think Hulk can beat Kurse in straight h2h. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Josh claimed Juggernaut can beat Kurse just as a way to lowball Kurse.

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:57 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

We can't be sure of anything in a fictional setting. We can't, for example, assume that the Leviathan punch was Hulk's strongest either.

The need for quantification becomes unnecessary when provided with an apples-to-apples scenario. We do not need to precisely clock the speed 2 cars if we can simply race the 2 in a straight line to see which is faster.

Well it's the one which most damage output. Stopping a 1000T beast plus breaking open it's armor.

If you have a car with a top speed of 150mph and another with 100mph and you race them, yet the 100mph wins, would it be fault of the car or of the driver?

Does it mean the 100mph car is faster, or that the one driving the 150mph one didn't drive it properly?

Just because Kurse had a better outcome in the fight with Thor doesn't mean Hulk who has better quantifiable feats is weaker.

See?

Old Post May 27th, 2018 09:59 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Josh is just frustrated that people voted for Kurse over Thanos in the Kurse vs. Thanos thread. So now he's bending over backwards to try and discredit Kurse, going so far as to turn a blind eye to such obvious facts like:

1. Thor hurt Hulk with his punches, Thor couldn't budge Kurse with his punches. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in durability.

2. Kurse's punches hurt Thor far worse than Hulk's punches. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in strength, or at least in striking strength.

3. Thor dodged around Hulk's blows and beat him to the punch. Kurse blocked and dodged Thor's blows and beat him to the punch. Therefore: Kurse > Hulk in speed, reflexes and fighting skill.

In the end, while Kurse vs. Thanos is debatable, Kurse vs. Hulk is clearly in Kurse's favor. Josh is stupid to think Hulk can beat Kurse in straight h2h. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Josh claimed Juggernaut can beat Kurse just as a way to lowball Kurse.

That debate i won, since in the end you failed to counter my evidence and never replied. And actually, i believe more people backed Thanos laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2018 10:01 PM