KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentry vs Molecule Man (this is it)

Sentry vs Molecule Man (this is it)
Started by: One Big Mob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
operator616

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Trying to understand how his mental instability would change the fact that Sentry came back and defeated him? What so if he were mentally stable he'd somehow change the outcome of Sentry finding out that he too could manipulate molecules on that level? When Owen invited Galactus into his pocket universe and asked him o take a seat, was he mentally stable? I saw a crack pot. Actually he appeared to be more stable when he lost to the Sentry than he was when he had his conversation with Galactus. I don't think that your argument is strong enough to deny that Sentry legitimately defeated Owen with ease.

He wasn't stable at all. He was imprisoned in the raft which was specifically attributed to his instability. Electro was able to overload the raft's security systems and break out of prison. That should give you an idea that Owen was nowhere near his true power level in that era.

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Molecule Man failed to do what you described.

It wasn't SPIN tech but a power drainer.

Because he was nowhere near his power level.

SPIN tech is a power drainer, genius.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 10:03 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by operator616
He wasn't stable at all. He was imprisoned in the raft which was specifically attributed to his instability. Electro was able to overload the raft's security systems and break out of prison. That should give you an idea that Owen was nowhere near his true power level in that era.

That's not the fact to be unstable that lower Owen's power but the beliefs he has in his abilities.

His state of mind still changed after the raft and he was back at full power.

quote:

There is plenty of power drainers in Marvel, honey.

They aren't all SPIN Tech.

I know it's easy to make the amalgam but this power-drainer was specifically called a genetic disruptor. It released a chemical that neutralized mutates.

The SPIN tech is administred via darts.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 10:54 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

That's not the fact to be unstable that lower Owen's power but the beliefs he has in his abilities.

His bio specifically stated that it made his power level "manageable": https://imgur.com/lm2sKWc

He was never at full power in DA. He only had molecular manipulation without his reality warping powers.

There is plenty of power drainers in Marvel, honey.

They aren't all SPIN Tech.

I know it's easy to make the amalgam but this power-drainer was specifically called a genetic disruptor. It released a chemical that neutralized mutates.

The SPIN tech is administred via darts.

Do you like splitting hairs or something?

It was a power drainer based on Stark tech: https://imgur.com/SJ23CNj

It's just that generally it was referred to as SPIN tech and it was SHIELD and the initiative which weaponized them into darts as i recall and modified later by brigss in his plan to take down all superheroes, but it was all based on Stark's model. And i have no idea how in any way, shape, or form is all this relevant? Sentry got depowered by Stark tech, that's the point.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 11:33 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

His bio specifically stated that it made his power level "manageable": https://imgur.com/lm2sKWc

And that his power-levels are unknow after the Raft.

And that his powers are only limited by his beliefs on his abilities.

quote:
He was never at full power in DA. He only had molecular manipulation without his reality warping powers.

He was. He had no disbeliefs in his abilities. He never said that he cannot do something with his powers.

Molecular Manipulation and Reality Warping are two terms for the same power.

quote:
Do you like splitting hairs or something?

It was a power drainer based on Stark tech: https://imgur.com/SJ23CNj

FYI, Tony's Armor is also Star Tech...

Well, every technology that Tony uses is Star Tech.

quote:
It's just that generally it was referred to as SPIN tech and it was SHIELD and the initiative which weaponized them into darts as i recall and modified later by brigss in his plan to take down all superheroes, but it was all based on Stark's model. And i have no idea how in any way, shape, or form is all this relevant? Sentry got depowered by Stark tech, that's the point.

Where did they say that Briggs modified it into a Genetic Disruptor ? I can't recall it.

It's more the correlation that you made that looked illogical to me.

"Anyway, Stark's SPIN tech depowered sentry so you can be damn sure that a universal scale reality warper can too."

Old Post May 30th, 2018 11:48 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

And that his power-levels are unknow after the Raft.

And that his powers are only limited by his beliefs on his abilities.

He was. He had no disbeliefs in his abilities. He never said that he cannot do something with his powers.

Molecular Manipulation and Reality Warping are two terms for the same power.
"

The constructs Owen created outright said that Owen wanted to fail and wanted to be found and whatnot, that doesn't sound too stable to me.

No, molecular manipulation is basically matter manipulation. Reality manipulation is similar to space/time manipulation, which is the constituents of the universe itself (the universe is fundamentally made of space/time, not matter/energy which exist inside a universe)

FYI, Tony's Armor is also Star Tech...

Well, every technology that Tony uses is Star Tech.

You don't say... is there anything else you can tell me, captain obvious?

The point was that he was depowered by something Stark created, is that so hard to understand?

If a human genius (and believe me -- even Stark's tech has its limitations especially compared to alien or future tech) can create something to depower Sentry don't you think a universal reality warper should replicate such a trivial feat? That's the point i was trying to make if it wasn't obvious.

Where did they say that Briggs modified it into a Genetic Disruptor ? I can't recall it.

It's more the correlation that you made that looked illogical to me.

"Anyway, Stark's SPIN tech depowered sentry so you can be damn sure that a universal scale reality warper can too."

No, briggs had a modified version of it in Avengers academy with which he sought to depower all super heroes, my point was that there were several versions of it but were all based on Stark's model.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 12:16 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Facee
I don't know much about these characters. Can someone post a feat or two? smile

Sentry beat Owen, who is second only to Pre Retcon Beyonder and second to none in current continuity.

Thus proving that if a pale clone of Superman can beat anyone, then Superman can beat Sentry, and everyone. Also Herc and Hulk can, since they beat up Sentry too.

You're caught up now, you're welcome. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 12:38 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hey Op, you should read Angela: Asgard's Assassin. Specifically 3 and 4 and then probably the end. It covers some Odin stuff pertaining to Everything Burns and Surtur

You'd probably pop an interior pimple that shot out of your urethra

Old Post May 31st, 2018 12:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

laughing out loud sounds something major. What is it? Ill probably read it later on.

Abhi's banishment is near its end though. So whatever it is our happiness will be short lived. sad

Old Post May 31st, 2018 01:14 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

It says Odin and Freya purged the Surtur fires and then porked and made a Surtur baby because his energy was still lingering in that universe.

More complicated than that but you get the idea

Old Post May 31st, 2018 01:35 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This one time Iron Man created a cyberprogram that wiped the knowledge of his secret identity from every baddie on earth, without any of them knowing they'd been subtly mindphucked... And Molecule Man was among them:

(please log in to view the image)

Does that mean Tony's casual tech can preform mindphuckery on universal/multiversal/trans-multiversal/omniversal beings by default!? Boy, I sure hope so.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 31st, 2018 at 02:45 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2018 02:35 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Reed Richard's and Doom are always d*ck fighting but Stark is cream of the cop. I love that Hickman was able to show that overall all 3 are on the same level, with different abilities. Richard's has the most brain power, but weapon engineering and multi-tasking? Stark is the greatest in the Universe.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 02:53 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Hey Op, you should read Angela: Asgard's Assassin. Specifically 3 and 4 and then probably the end. It covers some Odin stuff pertaining to Everything Burns and Surtur

You'd probably pop an interior pimple that shot out of your urethra
laughing out loud sounds something major. What is it? Ill probably read it later on.

Abhi's banishment is near its end though. So whatever it is our happiness will be short lived. sad

Yup, all that nonsense of "why wasn't Asgard destroyed!" by poor idiotic Abhilindia was a waste of time:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I liked that Angela, even with the upgrade, wanted no business with Thor at the end.

Once more for brevity:

And Odin's creation of the Nine Realms is referenced again:

Gillen was SO much better than Aaron. He told large, cosmic tales, but with modern day mythological feels to it. The ass-kicking Thor gave to Doom is still in my Top 10 Thor moments ever. He references in the last scan Thor's lungs being able to swallow oceans (Classic mythology) constantly through his work, showing some actual knowledge of the original source material that inspire Kirby/Lee for so long.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 03:16 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Nope.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t653484.html

All of that has been debunked there.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:23 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Reed Richard's and Doom are always d*ck fighting but Stark is cream of the cop. I love that Hickman was able to show that overall all 3 are on the same level, with different abilities. Richard's has the most brain power, but weapon engineering and multi-tasking? Stark is the greatest in the Universe.

Don't forget Hank, he's done pretty crazy things. Eternity compares the 3 quite nicely: https://imgur.com/tf7sk6W

* this was indeed eternity, and not loki, as ive seen it mentioned before in the forum.

It says Odin and Freya purged the Surtur fires and then porked and made a Surtur baby because his energy was still lingering in that universe.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup, all that nonsense of "why wasn't Asgard destroyed!" by poor idiotic Abhilindia was a waste of time:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

I liked that Angela, even with the upgrade, wanted no business with Thor at the end.

Once more for brevity:

And Odin's creation of the Nine Realms is referenced again:

Gillen was SO much better than Aaron. He told large, cosmic tales, but with modern day mythological feels to it. The ass-kicking Thor gave to Doom is still in my Top 10 Thor moments ever. He references in the last scan Thor's lungs being able to swallow oceans (Classic mythology) constantly through his work, showing some actual knowledge of the original source material that inspire Kirby/Lee for so long.

Sweet. thumb up

It's always good to have confirmation. It sounds interesting so ill be sure to check it out.

I was never a fan of Aaron's either. Not to mention that his recent Dr Strange run is pure trash, imo.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 11:25 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The constructs Owen created outright said that Owen wanted to fail and wanted to be found and whatnot, that doesn't sound too stable to me.

Owen disapproved what his construct told him, moreover he didn't show any disbelief in his abilities and THIS is the POINT.

Owen can be as cracked as a bag of nuts, if he doesn't show any disbeliefs in his abilities he is fully powered.

quote:
No, molecular manipulation is basically matter manipulation. Reality manipulation is similar to space/time manipulation, which is the constituents of the universe itself (the universe is fundamentally made of space/time, not matter/energy which exist inside a universe)

Molecular Manipulation is the manipulation of all forms of matter and energy.

And still, Molecule Man manipulates matter and energy on panel.

The Watcher and Reed Richards confirmed in first Owen appearances that he can control everything.

[b](please log in to view the image)

quote:
You don't say... is there anything else you can tell me, captain obvious?

The point was that he was depowered by something Stark created, is that so hard to understand?

If a human genius (and believe me -- even Stark's tech has its limitations especially compared to alien or future tech) can create something to depower Sentry don't you think a universal reality warper should replicate such a trivial feat? That's the point i was trying to make if it wasn't obvious.

The point is that Owen completely annihilated Sentry's body, which is far superior in all aspects to disrupting the genetic code...

quote:
No, briggs had a modified version of it in Avengers academy with which he sought to depower all super heroes, my point was that there were several versions of it but were all based on Stark's model.

I think that's another prototype but whatever, that's not the core of the topic.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 05:05 PM
Inedian

Owen peak > Sentry peak

Old Post May 31st, 2018 06:11 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Molecule Man>>>>any sentry.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

They didn't purge the fire, it was pushed between a place in between dimensions.

The fire of Surtur didn't even destroy furnace of Heven.

Some skyfather level being.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 04:07 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Don't forget Hank, he's done pretty crazy things. Eternity compares the 3 quite nicely: https://imgur.com/tf7sk6W

* this was indeed eternity, and not loki, as ive seen it mentioned before in the forum.

Sweet. thumb up

It's always good to have confirmation. It sounds interesting so ill be sure to check it out.

I was never a fan of Aaron's either. Not to mention that his recent Dr Strange run is pure trash, imo.

Confirmation that Surtur sucks? Why yes, it did.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 04:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

And when we saw him in the Ultimates you believe that he was stable? I'm talking about his encounter with Galactus. If you believe that he was stable while talking as crazy as a crazy person can be, let's just agree to disagree.

He mentioned that Bob was composed of different molecules than anything in the known universe that he had encountered.

Sentry is a puppet produced by Robert Reynold's mind. If he warped the Sentry, Void, or DS Sentry away Robert Reynolds would only need to bring them back. This is what hapened when he attempted to pull him apart on the molecular level. He found out that he was dealing with someone outside of his power range. I never said that the Sentry was more powerful than Owen. But, in this case, power doesn't matter.

Am I talking alien here? Have you not seen Sentry completely destroyed only to see him show up once again? This goes beyond some wonky super healing factor... The Sentry is a concept. He always has been, therefore Owen would only be warping the concept away, not Robert Reynolds, unless of course I missed something.

Then you brought up all of the things that had affected the Sentry, while omitting Owen's downfalls. Owen has had some less that awesome showings himself back in the day when he didn't know his true potential.

DS Sentry is the Sentry at a level of complete or, near complete understanding of what he can do with his power set, which is considerable if we were to consider the idea that death held no power over the constructs of Bob's mind. I really think that you have a lot to consider before you decide to slam the door on a character that can and has defied Owen's scope of power in the physical universe.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 04:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote