KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can JL Superman Tank Hulks Leviathan Punch?

hulks punch VERSUS JL superman
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It Tickles Him 9 28.13%
He Is Slightly Flinched 13 40.63%
He Is Sent Flying&seriously Injured 7 21.88%
SUPERMAN IS KOd!!! 3 9.38%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can JL Superman Tank Hulks Leviathan Punch?
Started by: The Spectre+

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, they're powerhouses, but not in Superman's tier (though Thor is edging closer and closer, unlike Hulk). The speed and strength divide between Supes and those two is huge.

And me, biased? Says the guy who tries to argue that Hulk would beat Doomsday lol. Even you don't really believe that, but anything to try to amp your favorites right? When I think biased posters, you're the first that pops to mind, and that's not a good thing.
No, it isn’t. Superman is quicker but he’s been tagged by human reaction speed before in practically every single film he’s appeared in.

Wonderwoman while not as strong as he is still has the strength to harm and temporarily resist him. Thor and the Hulk are definitely stronger than she is. Hulk is a physical powerhouse as is Doomsday; I see no problem with the Hulk beating Doomsday since we already saw him rage out and defeat the stronger and faster Abomination. Since then Hulk has only gotten stronger and more experienced. He’d win a throw down with Doomsday. It’s not a nuke tanking competition.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 12:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superman is as of the JL movie stronger than a planet. Hulk breaks every bone in his hand punching Superman's chest. smile

Old Post May 29th, 2018 01:13 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman is as of the JL movie stronger than a planet. Hulk breaks every bone in his hand punching Superman's chest. smile

There's nothing in JL to indicate that Superman is that durable.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 01:43 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by FrothByte

Batman said it, so obviously a fact

Old Post May 29th, 2018 01:50 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor can withstand the full force of a neutron Star. Anyway you look at it MCU is bigger and better, gayboi. Hulk is stronger than Thor to boot.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 03:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte

"The Mother Box was designed to reshape a planet. But what if you were stronger than a planet? If your cells were lying dormant, but incapable of decay? A boost from the Mother Box-"
"Could bring him back to life."
―Batman and the Flash

Would you say there is nothing in IW to indicate that Thor withstood the power of a neutron star?

Old Post May 29th, 2018 03:43 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

How is Batman an expert on:
-How strong Superman is?
-How a Motherbox works?

Also, statement sounded like he was talking in hypotheticals, basically guessing.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 03:52 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nibedicus
-How strong Superman is?
-How a Motherbox works?
He has studied Kryptonian DNA extensively in preparation for his showdown with him, which explains him being an expert on Superman.

As far as a Motherbox, that is the device's function, literally what it was created to do. Notably, Cyborg doesn't contradict him. Cyborg's father extensively studied the Mother Box and passed the knowledge onto them.

The hypothesis was that Superman was durable enough to withstand the world destroying and creating energies of the Mother Box, and that if he did the creation energies would kickstart his cells. He was right.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 03:59 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Somehow the dwarf who uses the forge to create weapons isn’t an expert on the forces at play yet Batman is to be trusted completely and entirely by the fanatical. This is called a double standard. It’s pretty common amongst the Superman brigade.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:13 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

He has studied Kryptonian DNA extensively in preparation for his showdown with him, which explains him being an expert on Superman.

As far as a Motherbox, that is the device's function, literally what it was created to do. Notably, Cyborg doesn't contradict him. Cyborg's father extensively studied the Mother Box and passed the knowledge onto them.

Studying DNA does not give you a full understanding of what a creature can do. It can help you identify characteristics like susceptibility to certain diseases or anomalies in our genes that can lead to developmental defects, geneology, etc. but it does not tell you that X can lift X weight.

Not a DNA expert, tho. So pls correct me if I am wrong.

If you were talking about the Batman montage where he looked at some computer files for a bit, I highly doubt that made him any sort expert on alien DNA.

I have the JL movie on my HD, pls show me (a scene description would suffice, I can look for it myself) the instance where Cyborg's father was shown to have full understanding of the mother box and where he passed on this information so I can review evidence.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:18 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

-How strong Superman is?
-How a Motherbox works?

Also, statement sounded like he was talking in hypotheticals, basically guessing.

He isn't, but statements from non-experts count it they're about DC characters. just like expert statements don't count if they're about Marvel characters.

It makes perfect sense, if you're a massively biased fanboy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:20 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Silent Master
just like expert statements don't count if they're about Marvel characters.
Can either you or quan quote me saying Thor's statement doesn't count?

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:27 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Can either you or quan quote me saying Thor's statement doesn't count?
Why can’t you answer nib’s questions? Very telling.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:30 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Also, same conversation with Batman/Flash:

Wonder Woman: Bruce, No, you have no idea what kind of power you are dealing with.

Also not contradicted by Batman.

Sounds like Batman was just guessing to me.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:33 AM
Arachnid1

Would you say there is nothing in IW to indicate that Thor withstood the power of a neutron star?
Damn it, I've been waiting for some time for the chance to use that exact argument.

lol

PWNT

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:35 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Studying DNA does not give you a full understanding of what a creature can do. It can help you identify characteristics like susceptibility to certain diseases or anomalies in our genes that can lead to developmental defects, geneology, etc. but it does not tell you that X can lift X weight.

Not a DNA expert, tho. So pls correct me if I am wrong.

You're not using strength in the correct context here, first of all. Batman was referring to Superman's durability, rather than his capacity to lift x weight.

And studying his cells and DNA would enlighten him toward the source of Superman's power, his cells' ability to store and hyper-efficiently utilize solar energy. But read below.

quote:
If you were talking about the Batman montage where he looked at some computer files for a bit, I highly doubt that made him any sort expert on alien DNA.

Doing some quick research I actually think I misremembered Batman's research of Superman and was mistakenly giving him some of Lex Luthor's more extensive and direct studying of Kryptonian DNA.

quote:
I have the JL movie on my HD, pls show me (a scene description would suffice, I can look for it myself) the instance where Cyborg's father was shown to have full understanding of the mother box and where he passed on this information so I can review evidence.

Are you truly disputing that the Motherboxes' purpose is to terraform worlds? Did you actually watch the movie? That is literally Steppenwolf's goal, to reclaim the Motherboxes to change Earth into a Apokoliptic hellscape.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:44 AM
NemeBro

Wonder Woman: Bruce, No, you have no idea what kind of power you are dealing with.

You're using a statement from Diana hyping the energies of the Motherbox as being too powerful and dangerous to use in an attempt at downplaying them. Interesting strategy, I'm not sure it will work for you though.

So your argument is that Batman made a random guess out of nowhere that Motherboxes are meant to terraform planets (lol)?

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:45 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I think the issue here is that Eitri:
-Being King of the Dwarves, who operate and built(?) the forge
-Who uses said forge to build weapons, where precision is needed.
-Even knew exactly how long he needed to forge the weapons.

Would unequivocally be an expert of the upper limits/characteristics as well as the conditions Thor would experience when opening the Iris. There is no doubt that he would know exactly what would happen. And the scene in question where he described to Thor exactly what would happen has to be taken at face value.

In contrast, the Batman scene describing how they would bring back Superman appears to be them trying to guess beyond hope something of a solution using something they do not yet fully understand. Thus everything there needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

That's my take of it anyway. stick out tongue

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:46 AM
Silent Master

But it helps a DC character, thus guessing from non-experts are 100% true. just like statements of fact are 100% false when coming from Marvel experts.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:47 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Silent Master
But it helps a DC character, thus guessing from non-experts are 100% true. just like statements of fact are 100% false when coming from Marvel experts.
So is the answer no, you can't quote me saying Thor's quote is false?

Old Post May 29th, 2018 04:52 AM