KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can JL Superman Tank Hulks Leviathan Punch?

hulks punch VERSUS JL superman
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It Tickles Him 9 28.13%
He Is Slightly Flinched 13 40.63%
He Is Sent Flying&seriously Injured 7 21.88%
SUPERMAN IS KOd!!! 3 9.38%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can JL Superman Tank Hulks Leviathan Punch?
Started by: The Spectre+

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
He did provide numbers to the equation. Whether he used them is up for debate.

The liar known as h1 just told another lie.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 09:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Since h1 likes to point out his old computation of the Leviathan punch using nothing but his assumed values, I hereby present a corrected version using corrected values (using the calculation methodology he provided of F=MA) using timestamped evidence-based research instead of h1 biased-math.

As a comparison, here is h1's math and evidence-methodology (aka. practically none):

NOTE: I am not a physicist so anyone with a correction (except h1 since I don't trust you and you'll just lie, obfuscate or try to muddy the waters whenever you can), feel free to chime in.

I've edited the below quotes of mine to make them a bit more to-the-point rather than include parts where I was reminding h1 why I don't particularly trust his math. Also added further corrections, clarifications and updates to values on the post.

So breaking it down:

Assumption: Leviathan weighs in at 1000 tons. If you disagree with this weight multiple the below answer by the % you think the actual weight weighs in relation to the assumed weight.

Thus, a computation using extracted evidence-based values covered by time-stamps (see above for details):
Starting speed (0:59-1:00): 30m/s
Time (1:17-1:18): 1 second*
Ending speed (1:19-1:20, 1:22): 5m/s

*-this is a lowball value as punches tend to last a lot shorter than a second, so value below can go much higher depending on how long a punch would last. Someone feel free to provide me with punch-physics/data.

F=MA

=(1000 tons) * (5 m/s-30 m/s)/(1s)
=(907185kg *25m/s)/(1s)
=22,679,625 kgm/s^2
=2,312.68 ton-force

NOTE: Value can go down slightly (percentile) depending on how heavy the Leviathan is and how fast it was going. Value can go up greatly (multiplicative) based on the time a punch manages to transfer its energy and the physics behind it relative to the 1 second I used.

Hey Nibe, look at this:

The guy got a 1040 tons of force. 1000 tons more than h1. laughing

@h1, you need to review your physics.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 12:47 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

The leviathan punched wasn't a great feat as people think. Hulk's actual punched did almost nothing to the leviathan. The majority of the feat is Hulk bracing against the concrete (breaking it up) while the leviathan is slowing down (it never completely stopped). In other words, slowing a runner by stiff arm brace, causing you to slide back, is not punching power.

Zod uppercutting Superman to the top of a skyscraper where Superman still had so much kinetic energy at the top of the skyscraper that he shattered the top of the building is a ridiculous feat. The feat takes well more than 1000 tons of force to achieve.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:41 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Hey Nibe, look at this:

The guy got a 1040 tons of force. 1000 tons more than h1. laughing

@h1, you need to review your physics.

The writer assumed that the punched is happening throughout the entire scene while the leviathan is slowing. This is false. The punch happens for a small fraction of a second. Then what follows is the brace. The brace shouldn't count towards punching power at all. Hulk barely slows the leviathan during the actual punch. It's almost like the punch did nothing and the brace did everything.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 04:16 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The writer assumed that the punched is happening throughout the entire scene while the leviathan is slowing. This is false. The punch happens for a small fraction of a second. Then what follows is the brace. The brace shouldn't count towards punching power at all. Hulk barely slows the leviathan during the actual punch. It's almost like the punch did nothing and the brace did everything.
]

The weight of the leviathan is 1000tons at least. You are saying that Hulk required a strength of 40tons to do the feat.

So Hulk required to punch the Leviathan at 0.04x it's weight (1000/40).

That's the equivalent of saying that a 1ton car can be stopped by a normal man applying a 40kg (80lbs) punch, under the same conditions Hulk stopped the Leviathan.

This should be enough to prove how wrong you are. Review your physics.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Feb 13th, 2020 at 04:02 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 03:59 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The leviathan punched wasn't a great feat as people think. Hulk's actual punched did almost nothing to the leviathan. The majority of the feat is Hulk bracing against the concrete (breaking it up) while the leviathan is slowing down (it never completely stopped). In other words, slowing a runner by stiff arm brace, causing you to slide back, is not punching power.

Zod uppercutting Superman to the top of a skyscraper where Superman still had so much kinetic energy at the top of the skyscraper that he shattered the top of the building is a ridiculous feat. The feat takes well more than 1000 tons of force to achieve.

Skyscrappers are the least durable buildings you can possible find. They are made of light materials and lots of glass to make them light. Penetrating a skyscrapper is a miniscule feat compared to stopping the Leviathan.

You lowball Hulk while at the same time amping Superman.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 04:01 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Superman would get sent flying for sure, that's just (superhero) physics. But he wouldn't have a scratch on him

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:24 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Skyscrappers are the least durable buildings you can possible find. They are made of light materials and lots of glass to make them light. Penetrating a skyscrapper is a miniscule feat compared to stopping the Leviathan.

You lowball Hulk while at the same time amping Superman.
No. Sending someone to the top of a skyscraper is the feat. Busting the concrete and metal at the top is the icing on the cake (Superman would have went much further had he not made contact with the building).

Stopping a Leviathan and punching a Leviathan are two different things.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:34 PM
h1a8

]

The weight of the leviathan is 1000tons at least. You are saying that Hulk required a strength of 40tons to do the feat.

So Hulk required to punch the Leviathan at 0.04x it's weight (1000/40).

That's the equivalent of saying that a 1ton car can be stopped by a normal man applying a 40kg (80lbs) punch, under the same conditions Hulk stopped the Leviathan.

This should be enough to prove how wrong you are. Review your physics.

My latest calculation to stop the momentum under the shown distance is somewhat over 200 tons. This is by mostly bracing. Remember, the ouch did almost nothing.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:36 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

No. Sending someone to the top of a skyscraper is the feat. Busting the concrete and metal at the top is the icing on the cake (Superman would have went much further had he not made contact with the building).

Stopping a Leviathan and punching a Leviathan are two different things.

And yet Superman's weight is nowhere near the leviathan. Hulk would send Superman flying much further than Zod did.

What? Hulk stopped the leviathan with a punch!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:49 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

My latest calculation to stop the momentum under the shown distance is somewhat over 200 tons. This is by mostly bracing. Remember, the ouch did almost nothing.

Okay, so Hulk required a punch of 1/5 the weight of the Leviathan to stop it, according to you.

So, under the same conditions, a normal person delivering a 50kg punch should be able to stop a 250kg person the same way Hulk did with the leviathan (you know, making him flip and that)?

LMAO! Your physics make no sense!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 08:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

listen to ben , you dolts,,,,

(please log in to view the image)

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by relentless1
Superman would get sent flying for sure, that's just (superhero) physics. But he wouldn't have a scratch on him

This.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 02:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Okay, so Hulk required a punch of 1/5 the weight of the Leviathan to stop it, according to you.

So, under the same conditions, a normal person delivering a 50kg punch should be able to stop a 250kg person the same way Hulk did with the leviathan (you know, making him flip and that)?

LMAO! Your physics make no sense!

No. Hulk didn't stop it. He slowed it.
It took him 4 seconds to slow it to the point of it flipping. That's a lot of phucking time. The deceleration was a lot smaller (a fraction) than the acceleration of gravity. Therefore the average force is less than its weight.

Now if Hulk completely stopped it in 4sec then the acceleration would be a lot closer to the acceleration of gravity and therefore the force would be much closer to its weight.

Note: I look at this feat as a lifting feat and not too much a striking feat. But to be completely honest Hulk punch was more than the average slowing force. He punched with more than 200 tons but less than the creature's weight.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 02:57 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Superman catches it and smiles. Hulk falls in love.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 04:43 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

No. Hulk didn't stop it. He slowed it.
It took him 4 seconds to slow it to the point of it flipping. That's a lot of phucking time. The deceleration was a lot smaller (a fraction) than the acceleration of gravity. Therefore the average force is less than its weight.

Now if Hulk completely stopped it in 4sec then the acceleration would be a lot closer to the acceleration of gravity and therefore the force would be much closer to its weight.

Note: I look at this feat as a lifting feat and not too much a striking feat. But to be completely honest Hulk punch was more than the average slowing force. He punched with more than 200 tons but less than the creature's weight.

So, a 250kg person running towards an average 80kg person will be stopped by an average person's punch of 50kg, the same way Hulk stopped that Leviathan?

LMAO! Why don't you try it yourself? I won't make myself responsible for any injury you may suffer...

Your physics make no sense.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 04:51 PM
h1a8

So, a 250kg person running towards an average 80kg person will be stopped by an average person's punch of 50kg, the same way Hulk stopped that Leviathan?

LMAO! Why don't you try it yourself? I won't make myself responsible for any injury you may suffer...

Your physics make no sense.

You are making a lot of mistakes. Did you lose your brains all of a sudden or do you sometimes let smart people post for you (or tell you what to post)?

1. Hulk didn't stop it. He slowed it. You keep stating false things.

2. 50kg is mass, not force.

3. If the 80kg person has something to brace against (like a wall) then he can also slow the 250kg runner. Hulk braced on the concrete where he dug a hole in the ground and used the concrete behind his feet like a wall. This infinitely thick wall was breaking up, as Hulk was pushed back (therefore supplying the slowing force).

Note: applying any amount of force (no matter how small) to a moving object will slow them (even if it is a small reduction).

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:20 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The punch will hurt Superman and he'll be sent flying. Then he'll get back up, slightly winded but relatively unharmed and continue to beat the crap out of Hulk.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 05:23 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by FrothByte
The punch will hurt Superman and he'll be sent flying. Then he'll get back up, slightly winded but relatively unharmed and continue to beat the crap out of Hulk.
I would say the punch will definitely send Superman back. I'm not sure about hurt. Yes he will feel it but don't think it will be significant.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 06:28 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I would say the punch will definitely send Superman back. I'm not sure about hurt. Yes he will feel it but don't think it will be significant.

Oh it will hurt him. Even Zod's punches were hurting Superman and we've never seen Zod punch as strong as Hulk. But I doubt it would injury him.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 06:35 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote