KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is more heroic: Captain America vs. Thor

Who is more heroic: Captain America vs. Thor
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Who is more heroic: Captain America vs. Thor

Inspired by the Who is more heroic; Thor or Superman thread, let's now compare Captain America and Thor, as I believe they're actually quite similar.

Both have willingly sacrificed their lives for the benefit of others. Both have led teams into battle: Cap with the Howling Commandoes and Avengers, Thor with the Revengers and the Warriors 3 + Sif. Both have no issues killing but will try to avoid it if possible. Both have gone against rules and laws to follow their own moral compass: Cap in going against the Accords plus protecting Bucky, Thor in going against Odin's orders plus bending rules for Loki. Both even have a momentous bicep-flexing scene.

So... who's more heroic?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 06:17 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I think cap is more heroic. Thor odinson was naturally the biggest stringest dude on the block. Cap was two steps away from being a cripple, but still wanted to fight. Not to kill Nazis, but to protect and serve. I feel like trying to help even when you know it's helpless is pretty neat

Old Post May 28th, 2018 06:38 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I think cap is more heroic. Thor odinson was naturally the biggest stringest dude on the block. Cap was two steps away from being a cripple, but still wanted to fight. Not to kill Nazis, but to protect and serve. I feel like trying to help even when you know it's helpless is pretty neat

I think they both had their challenges. Steve had almost nothing in the beginning, not even a healthy normal body. Thor had almost everything but then it got taken away from him, losing his powers, his wealth and status, etc.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:05 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Tough one. This is a very close call. I’m siding with Thor.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Cap easy

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:16 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
Cap easy
Based on?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor the MCU's greatest hero.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:23 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Captain America easily. Cap is a better leader and more inspiring as well.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:44 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Captain America easily. Cap is a better leader and more inspiring as well.
Based on? Explain yourself, kiddo.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 07:52 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Thor saved the Universe in TDW. He saved multiple realms in Thor 1 from the bifrost. He saved Asgardians from Hela and thus other worlds that she would have conquered. And yet he's still teamed up and saved Earth several times. I gotta give the edge to Thor. Cap is every bit as brave and heroic but lacks the ability to be the hero Thor can be.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 28th, 2018 08:04 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Cap for sure. The guy is the physical embodiment of the Army Values.

PWNT

Old Post May 28th, 2018 09:20 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on? Explain yourself, kiddo.

When you said Thor, no one bat an eye. But yet your always asking people to explain themselves.

Why don’t you explain yourself.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 09:50 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Thor saved the Universe in TDW. He saved multiple realms in Thor 1 from the bifrost. He saved Asgardians from Hela and thus other worlds that she would have conquered. And yet he's still teamed up and saved Earth several times. I gotta give the edge to Thor. Cap is every bit as brave and heroic but lacks the ability to be the hero Thor can be.

Thats where we differ. To me being heroic isnt just about being powerful. Its about leadership, integrity, character, being able to inspire people and stand up for whats right. I will give Hemsworth a ton of credit because up until Ragnarok this wouldnt even have been close but Ragnarok and iW, Thor has grown a great deal as a character. Prior to that he was really just the muscle and had no real character depth.

First Avenger, Winter Soldier, Civil war, Avengers 1 and 2, IW. No matter the movie Cap(along with Stark) have been portrayed as the leaders, as the heart and soul of the whole MCU. Thats why in the next movie one of if not both of those two will die. It will have the biggest impact because of what the characters stand for.

Again, I think Thor is a great hero, just not the same as Cap to me and what I define a hero to be.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 09:58 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
To me being heroic isnt just about being powerful. Its about leadership, integrity, character, being able to inspire people and stand up for whats right.

You might also want to take into consideration their accomplishments. You'd probably want to back a hero who has a good win record and the impact their victories make. I mean, both Thor and Cap have great accomplishments, just thought I'd point out that it's not only the attitude but also the results that matter.

Last edited by FrothByte on May 28th, 2018 at 10:04 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:02 PM
ares834

Cap easily IMO.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Cap fights those that he KNOWS he can't beat and yet he fights on anyways; Cap is the better hero because he is vulnerable and he can die but he decides to sacrifice his wants and dreams to do better for mankind. That is a Hero

Thor is a prince/king who saved his people sure but he strikes me more as a guy cleaning up his own mess most of the time; the only time he was on Caps level of heroism was only used to prove himself worthy of Mjolnir.

Cap give more to the struggle than Thor does, that is why hes a better hero.

Now lets hear your explanation Quan, if you can manage one

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:09 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

By your own standard, you just proved Thor is more of a hero, after all. he proved himself worthy of Mjolnir. whereas Cap was shown to not be worthy.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:13 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Cap moved the hammer, he just stopped to not hurt thor's feelings. Because cap is a true bro

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:16 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Silent Master
By your own standard, you just proved Thor is more of a hero, after all. he proved himself worthy of Mjolnir. whereas Cap was shown to not be worthy.

How does being worth mean you are the better hero? We don't know the exact specifics of the worthy enchantment after all.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:19 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

To me, this is how this situation feels like:

Do you root for the underdog? The one who's life has been one big uphill climb, the one who came from nothing and yet continuously pushes himself higher, to defeat opponents above his weight class, giving everything he has to the fight because he can't sit idly by and do nothing?

Or do you root for the champion? The one who has everything to lose and yet continuously puts everything on the line, continuously throws himself into the fire even if it risks costing him everything, even if he has nothing prove, because he can't sit idly by and let other people take his burden?

Old Post May 28th, 2018 10:19 PM