KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who is more heroic: Wonder Woman or Thor

Who is more heroic: Wonder Woman or Thor
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thor. He's got more heroic feats.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 12:42 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Hate to break it to you but Thor admitted to rocket that he has killed over 3 thousand enemies.

That being said Thor is more heroic for sure. He's sacrificed himself for his friends and even strangers more times than Wonder Woman easily. That said I like Wonder Woman and I was DEAD WRONG about Gal Gadot. She has proven herself to be a good Wonderwoman. Best character the DCeU has.

i knew lol. im just having fun

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 30th, 2018 01:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There is a difference between killing someone and murdering them.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 01:16 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Silent Master
There is a difference between killing someone and murdering them.
I'm not sure it's that different in Thors case. He claims "killing" but he trespassed into the Frost Giants world breaking a milenia long treaty. killed a bunch of them, and kickstarted a war. We have no way of knowing how many of those 3000 fit into the same category, but Thor prior to the first movie likely didn't care to differentiate.

Though I will note that he has has long grown beyond that as a character. I'm honestly not sure whether I'd hold past transgressions against him at this point, since he has grown into a more heroic character than he once was.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 30th, 2018 at 02:20 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2018 02:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The Frost Giants broke the treaty by invading Asgard when they tried to steal the casket of ancient Winters.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 02:25 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

The Frost Giants broke the treaty by invading Asgard when they tried to steal the casket of ancient Winters.
"Tried" being the key word. Three no-names (it's not like it was Laufey himself) tried to steal the casket and died for their trouble. Even Odin stated it was the actions of a few, and he would leave the situation alone since the offending three payed with their lives. The failed actions of three no-names does not equate to the future King flying in with some of his warriors and slaughtering the Jotuns by the score, which BTW he did because he felt insulted by simple words. Their actions doesn't result in the breaking of the truce, unlike Thors. Thor was definitely in the wrong there.

PWNT

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:01 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm not sure it's that different in Thors case. He claims "killing" but he trespassed into the Frost Giants world breaking a milenia long treaty. killed a bunch of them, and kickstarted a war. We have no way of knowing how many of those 3000 fit into the same category, but Thor prior to the first movie likely didn't care to differentiate.

Though I will note that he has has long grown beyond that as a character. I'm honestly not sure whether I'd hold past transgressions against him at this point, since he has grown into a more heroic character than he once was.

The entire Thor 1 outcomes were result of Thor's own misdoings.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:05 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Odin giving them a pass does not mean they did not in fact break the treaty. The movie actually makes it a point that Odin was wrong as Loki and the frost Giants were conspiring against Asgard. Their actions were not those of singular Frost giant acting on their own.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:16 AM
Arachnid1

Odin giving them a pass does not mean they did not in fact break the treaty. The movie actually makes it a point that Odin was wrong as Loki and the frost Giants were conspiring against Asgard. Their actions were not those of singular Frost giant acting on their own.
Except Thor had no way of knowing that at that time. He acted rashly with a lack of information which could have just as easily been wrong, and that is why he was banished in the first place. The fact that he ended up being somewhat right (Loki is of Asgard more than he is of Jotunheim, and he manufactured the entire ordeal) doesn't absolve him of his prior actions. That's just an "in hindsight" rationalization.

PWNT

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:21 AM
Silent Master

He may not have had all the details, but he was right about the frost Giants working against Asgard. He just acted rationally due to his own arrogance and manipulations from Loki. However Odin was also guilty of letting his arrogance get the best of him as he refused to even consider that the Invasion and attempted stealing of a weapon of mass destruction was more than just a few Frost Giants acting on their own.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:27 AM
Arachnid1

He may not have had all the details, but he was right about the frost Giants working against Asgard. He just acted rationally due to his own arrogance and manipulations from Loki. However Odin was also guilty of letting his arrogance get the best of him as he refused to even consider that the Invasion and attempted stealing of a weapon of mass destruction was more than just a few Frost Giants acting on their own.
Oh, I agree that Odin was definitely in the wrong there too. Thor went to one extreme, whereas Odin was at the complete opposite extreme. There's a middle ground in there somewhere. IMO it would have been smarter to investigate, ask questions, get answers, and then act. How did Jotuns get to Asgard? How did they gain entry to the vault? How did they even infiltrate the island without a single Asgardian noticing them? Ignoring all that is flat out stupid, but so is resorting to violence without answers.

PWNT

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:32 AM
Silent Master

Thor actually went to jotunheim to get answers, not to fight. Granted, once he arrived it didn't take much to manipulate him into fighting.

Old Post May 30th, 2018 03:38 AM