KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fallout 76

Fallout 76
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You need to review a product as is, you don't wait till it's "better" or for fan-made content.

And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change

quote:
You're telling me you weren't disappointed at No Man's Sky and especially Colonial Marines?

Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
And also some reviewer's do revisits too to see what's change

Nope, Didn't play No Man's Sky on launch and as for Colonial Marines i brought it cheap and tried out a mod out for it which makes it better.
But even if he revisited it, it's not gonna change his original review and what it is.

He's not a bad reviewer for not revisiting a game after it gets so-and-so amount of updates.

He even states he reviews things at launch for a reason, so they can get it right the first time, and not 6 months down the line.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 01:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Besides the awful rendering, lighting, and "landscape" shit.

This game is more buggy then a lot of Bethesda's games at release, which is REALLY saying something.

That's just a bad game which people have a right to criticize and whatnot.

But putting Fallout 76 in the same category as No Man Sky is not right. It's not the same thing.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 04:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds like this game is a disaster. Glad I steered clear.

Though really, even if this game was functional, a Bethesda game without any NPC's is more or less a non-starter for me. NPC's are what make their games worth a damn, otherwise you have mediocre combat in a dated engine.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 07:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. It never really interested me.

I think Bethesda should be allowed to experiment with new games but clearly it didn't work out.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:24 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've begun losing interest in Bethesda games in general, especially with the recent announcement that they will continue using the same engine yet again for Starfield and ES6. The engine was already showing its cracks pretty glaringly with Skyrim last gen, and this gen it has become even more obvious that the engine just is no longer suited for modern games. I can only imagine how stark and ancient the engine will seem 5 years from now.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2018 09:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Fallout 76 is so bad, having fun is a legit bannable offense apparently. Player hoarded so much ammo after 900 hours of playing, Bethesda gave him the boot

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 20th, 2019 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 08:29 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'll be honest, I never, ever liked Skyrim.

There, I said it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 10:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
I'll be honest, I never, ever liked Skyrim.

There, I said it.

There you go again. More things unrelated to a topic as usual. Please stop.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 20th, 2019 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:10 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
There you go again. More things unrelated to a topic as usual. Please stop.

Pardon?

It's a topic on a Bethesda game. Of which the consensus seems to be, is disappointing.

My very relevant reply is to respond that a Bethesda ip that is, by consensus, a great game, never impressed me.

Now, maybe Fallout is that bad. Or maybe gamers tastes have changed, and people are noticing Bethesda games were NEVER really that good. Or, they WERE good for their time, and don't hold up now. We've come to expect more, and they havn't kept up.

I mean, people complain about bugs galore, as if every major Bethesda game wasn't riddled with them?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 20th, 2019 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 11:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by cdtm
Pardon?

It's a topic on a Bethesda game. Of which the consensus seems to be, is disappointing.

My very relevant reply is to respond that a Bethesda ip that is, by consensus, a great game, never impressed me.

Now, maybe Fallout is that bad. Or maybe gamers tastes have changed, and people are noticing Bethesda games were NEVER really that good. Or, they WERE good for their time, and don't hold up now. We've come to expect more, and they havn't kept up.

I mean, people complain about bugs galore, as if every major Bethesda game wasn't riddled with them?

You wanna rant about Skyrim, go here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ighlight=Skyrim

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 21st, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:18 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 12:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You wanna rant about Skyrim, go here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ighlight=Skyrim

I don't, and have already made my point.

Which you apparently choose to ignore, or are unable to comprehend.

So with that, I'll take my leave, and happy trolling.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 01:45 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If you or anyone you know owns a Power Armor helmet, AVOID WEARING IT. Chances are it has mold.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 25th, 2019 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 02:14 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If you or anyone you know owns a Power Armor helmet, AVOID WEARING IT. Chances are it has mold.

Specifically the Nuka Cola helmet.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2019 02:51 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What. The. &#%$.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:09 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I believe this is for private servers correct?

If so then there would be a cost for this. I think all games with private servers have a cost associated to it.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 11:17 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
I believe this is for private servers correct?

If so then there would be a cost for this. I think all games with private servers have a cost associated to it.

Well soon as those private servers kicked on, they suddenly switched to non-private and players' stored items in the scrap box got deleted to boot. Now they're working on an update to privatize the private servers. And the lost items? Bethesda basically replies "your items are there, you just can't see them" to later say "guess they weren't there after all. Well you're SOL". This is the service people paid $100 for.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 25th, 2019 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 04:54 PM
cdtm

How could they mess this up so badly?

I get all corporations are only in it for the profit at their core, but how does the tried and tested "public relations" aspect get tossed in the dumpster fire so often?

I mean, did some account prove good will is a lie? That even if you literally piss on your customers, they'll toss money at you?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 05:38 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well soon as those private servers kicked on, they suddenly switched to non-private and players' stored items in the scrap box got deleted to boot. Now they're working on an update to privatize the private servers. And the lost items? Bethesda basically replies "your items are there, you just can't see them" to later say "guess they weren't there after all. Well you're SOL". This is the service people paid $100 for.

That is bad for sure. I would agree with that.

If it was 100 bucks for private servers (and they worked well and similar to every other game) then that's not terrible.

But ****ing it up is a different story.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 08:19 PM