KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos vs Zod

Thanos vs Zod
Started by: thecomedian2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Zod's best feat was getting his neck snapped. Thanos beat the Hulk to the point were he didn't even want to fight outriders. Thanos wins.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 31st, 2018 04:29 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Just like Quan. Lowballing the guy you want to lose and highball the guy you want to win.

FYI, it's not a low showing that Zod got his neck broke by someone stronger than Thanos. Also you are ignoring the speed advantage too.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:16 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Just like Quan. Lowballing the guy you want to lose and highball the guy you want to win.

FYI, it's not a low showing that Zod got his neck broke by someone stronger than Thanos. Also you are ignoring the speed advantage too.
Prove Superman is stronger. Prove something. This is just sad at this point.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Are you upset that other people are using your tactics?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:22 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Prove Superman is stronger. Thanos' absolute destruction of Hulk is more impressive than anything Superman has done. Superman got Ko'd by a Nuc. Thor's neutron star feat is easily more impressive than that. Thanos also beat the hell out of Thor, though we didn't see it on screen. If we go by the Thor vs Superman thread it's pretty evenly split. So if Thanos dismantled Thor and Hulk it stands to reason he beats a guy that got his neck snapped by Superman.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:40 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Superman dragged a large ship on it's side, looked like some sort of super-tanker. He picked up and carried an apartment building. iirc He punched Zod up into the upper atmosphere/space. Probably forgetting more.

What are Thanos' greatest strength feats without the use of the stones?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

So punching someone far and not really doing any significant damage is more impressive than beating the shit out of the Hulk who easily stopped a Leviathan in its tracks. Feats are cool but don’t prove anything in regards to who is stronger than who. Just because Thor has the neutron feat that doesn’t mean he’s suddenly stronger than the Hulk because he doesn’t have a feat to match that. It’s how the characters stack up not the feats alone and brutalizing the Hulk is far more impressive than a drawn out fight with Zod that got his neck snapped.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The amount of force required to punch 200lbs (or so) flying up that high and that fast isn't some little thing

As is picking up and carry an apartment building

Same goes with dragging a super-tanker on it's side, those things are massive

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:52 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
The amount of force required to punch 200lbs (or so) flying up that high and that fast isn't some little thing

As is picking up and carry an apartment building

Same goes with dragging a super-tanker on it's side, those things are massive
And the strength to casually jump at a leviathan is an insane strength feat. Leviathan is massive. Thanos beat the guy to a pulps. He overpowered him to boot. The directors acknowledged Thanos is stronger than the Hulk. Feats don’t determine superiority comparisons do. Thanos showed he’s stronger than the Hulk.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Jumping several stories high is very impressive, but it isn't more impressive than say casually carrying an apartment building though

Old Post May 31st, 2018 07:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Jumping several stories high is very impressive, but it isn't more impressive than say casually carrying an apartment building though
Feats don’t determine superiority. That’s my point. Thor’s neutron feat shits on anything Superman has done but I don’t believe he’s physically stronger. I’m consistent but if you’re just a feat guy you have to say Thor is leap years ahead of Superman. I bet you don’t which shows inconsistency.

Hulk has cool feats but what’s impressive is Thanos beating the brakes off him. Neither Superman nor Zod beat the shit out of either. Superman got in a better position and had the leverage to snap an equals neck.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yet you're using feats to determine that Thanos, Thor, Hulk are superior...

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:11 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Yet you're using feats to determine that Thanos, Thor, Hulk are superior...
No, I’m using Thanos over the Hulk. Feats do play a part but it’s how the characters stack up. We factor in everything not just the feats.

If Superman didn’t beat the ever living shit out of WW do you really expect Zod to have a chance against someone who beat the shit out of the Hulk who is a long stronger than WW.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Thanos beating Hulk is a both a strength feat and fighting feat, so yes, you're using feats to prove [in your mind] that Thanos is superior here. Which is fine, as we've always used feats to determine these matches.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:35 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos beating Hulk is a both a strength feat and fighting feat, so yes, you're using feats to prove [in your mind] that Thanos is superior here. Which is fine, as we've always used feats to determine these matches.
I said comparisons matter more than feats. Feats do factor in but we see Hulk is physically stronger than Thor so despite any future feats from Thor we know how they match up against each other strength wise already.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:53 PM
SSJGGogeta

Robtard, you're wasting your effort. Whoever quanchi supports is always the one who would lose, didn't you know that?

Regardless, Zod is on par with Superman, and Superman tanked a nuclear explosion. That's even more impressive than Thor tanking Nidalvedinir(however you spell it). Even if Zod was 1/2 the strength of Superman(which he clearly wasn't, considering they were peers), he'd still lol-stomp Thanos, even with the completed infinity gauntlet.

Zod would slice off Thanos' arm with heat vision before he could even react, giving him an instant win. Even without that, he's demonstrably stronger, more durable, faster and more powerful(energy projection) than Thanos even with all the stones, by HUGE margins.

Zod would rip Thanos in half like a kid torturing an ant on the sidewalk.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:55 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

can thanos shift a TECTONIC PLATE?? or something EQUALLY heavy. Or HAS he shifted/lifted something THAT heavy??
I Dont Think So

Old Post May 31st, 2018 08:59 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta

Regardless, Zod is on par with Superman, and Superman tanked a nuclear explosion. That's even more impressive than Thor tanking Nidalvedinir(however you spell it). Even if Zod was 1/2 the strength of Superman(which he clearly wasn't, considering they were peers), he'd still lol-stomp Thanos, even with the completed infinity gauntlet.

This is not Zod at full power. He can't even fly yet in this match. Plus, Superman never tanked a nuclear explosion.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 09:00 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Superman pulling that Tanker was a ridiculous strength feat as those are in tens of thousands of tons from what I have been able to find.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 09:02 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Superman pulling that Tanker was a ridiculous strength feat as those are in tens of thousands of tons from what I have been able to find.

It's impressive but I don't consider it as impressive as Superman lifting that building. The tanker was being pulled over ice and I assume over water since its hull wasn't fully visible.

In any case, it's no more impressive than the leviathan punch feat. Both are equally impressive.

Old Post May 31st, 2018 09:05 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote