KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What is DMD's rationale for Darth Bane > Dooku?

What is DMD's rationale for Darth Bane > Dooku?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
As per the novel and the script, he did not.

As per the movie, Yoda chose not to subject Count Dooku to his Force powers. Therefore, Yoda holding back against Count Dooku, is a valid argument.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 06:16 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

There is a whole book dedicated to Dooku and Yoda’s relationship. Yoda’s love for Dooku is similar to Kenobi’s for Anakin, or Mace’s for Depa Billaba. Dooku held his own against a Yoda that was, for all intents and purposes, holiding back tremendously.

If we wanna keep it simple, we can simply use the tier system as evidence. Yoda’s a 9, Dooku’s an 8. We know from Nick Gillard that the difference between each tier is monumental. If Yoda was truly unleashing his full power against Dooku, the duel would have, factually, ended much sooner and much more decisively.

Of course, we could make this more complicated, but it’s too early to open up any books at this time in the morning, so I’m cucking out for the moment :/

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 06:57 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

There is a huge difference between the numbers. That is, there is a vast difference between the highest 8 and the lowest 8. The highest 8, is easily comparable to the 9's as is the case with Mace Windu.

Nowhere does this indicate that Yoda should obliterate Dooku. Dooku may very well be a high 8, and is a high 8, if his performances are anything to consider.

Yeah, and I am well aware of the Y: DR argument, having framed it myself countless times, but the facts speak for themselves. In that same book, Yoda states flat out that he wants to destroy Dooku. And two primary accounts do have Yoda going all out on Geonosis. With three primary accounts stating that Yoda does not hold back, such interpretations of Yoda and Dooku's relationship( which I can easily frame a counter argument for) take the back seat.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 08:56 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
As per the movie, Yoda chose not to subject Count Dooku to his Force powers. Therefore, Yoda holding back against Count Dooku, is a valid argument.
AotC Script has Yoda about to plunge his saber through Dooku's skull with Dooku moving just fast enough to avoid it:

YODA jumps onto DOOKU'S shoulders, and is about to drive the lightsaber into the top of the Count's head. COUNT DOOKU raises his arms and knocks YODA off his shoulders and then, with all his might, he uses the Force to pull on one of the cranes in the hanger.

Prior to the fight:

Master Yoda. At last we shall
know who is the most powerful.

YODA draws a miniature lightsaber out of his cane. He salutes formally.

YODA
Count Dooku. No interest in
contests, do I have.

In the script the force-battle is bypassed, suggesting that Yoda was referring to a force fight when he says he has no interest in a power contest (force power).

Yoda's goal was to end the war right there and then by quickly killing Dooku. The fastest way to do that was through a saber-contest.

Also may I add that Yoda's force powers are greatly exaggerated, with this line confirming that he's not too far off from Dooku (again suggesting why the force-fight was bypassed):

YODA concentrates harder. Slowly, the crane rises. The SOUND OF THE ENGINES increases. YODA exerts every scrap of his powers. The crane lifts clear of ANAKIN and is thrown to the ground. DOOKU'S Sail Ship takes off. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN struggle to the exhausted YODA, but it's too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.

@Curry

Gillard never explicitly stated that Dooku was an 8. He did say that Mace is an 8 bordering, nine, and given that multiple sources have Dooku being his relative equal, we can assume he too is an 8 bordering 9.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Kurk
AotC Script has Yoda about to plunge his saber through Dooku's skull with Dooku moving just fast enough to avoid it:

YODA jumps onto DOOKU'S shoulders, and is about to drive the lightsaber into the top of the Count's head. COUNT DOOKU raises his arms and knocks YODA off his shoulders and then, with all his might, he uses the Force to pull on one of the cranes in the hanger.

Prior to the fight:

Master Yoda. At last we shall
know who is the most powerful.

YODA draws a miniature lightsaber out of his cane. He salutes formally.

YODA
Count Dooku. No interest in
contests, do I have.

In the script the force-battle is bypassed, suggesting that Yoda was referring to a force fight when he says he has no interest in a power contest (force power).

Yoda's goal was to end the war right there and then by quickly killing Dooku. The fastest way to do that was through a saber-contest.

Also may I add that Yoda's force powers are greatly exaggerated, with this line confirming that he's not too far off from Dooku (again suggesting why the force-fight was bypassed):

YODA concentrates harder. Slowly, the crane rises. The SOUND OF THE ENGINES increases. YODA exerts every scrap of his powers. The crane lifts clear of ANAKIN and is thrown to the ground. DOOKU'S Sail Ship takes off. OBI-WAN and ANAKIN struggle to the exhausted YODA, but it's too late. The Sail Ship rises into the air and flies away.

I am really disappointed.

Yoda's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he is equal to Palpatine when he finds it difficult to move that crane?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 03:00 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Failkorion's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he can consume planets when he finds it difficult to defend against Lord Dramath?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger

Failkorion's hype does not match his actualized strength. How come he can consume planets when he finds it difficult to defend against Lord Dramath?

Completely different situations.

Valkorion was vulnerable to additional set of forces inside the Outlander's mind while the latter was actively resisting. Even the chant "Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" hampered Valkorion inside the Outlander's mind which wasn't the case otherwise.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jun 2nd, 2018 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2018 03:20 PM