KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Joker (2019)

Joker (2019)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:54 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Marvel is going to keep adding new characters to their (already rich) cinematic universe.

Meanwhile, DC will try to reboot Superman/Batman for the 10th time laughing out loud
At this point they should just sell Superman over to the MCU to have the hulk beat the shit out of him. Dceu does not even care about Superman anymore.

I am looking forward to WW 2.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:55 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Oh no idea I never paid attention to the character outside the film and a few major dc story arcs. I just meant films. I always thought this character was lame. He is so sensitive and wimpy. F nboys scream they want more. He could self harm the entire film and kill one guy at the end and they would scream Oscar.

Exactly this right here. Joker is overrated to the max.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 02:12 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair now, that's exactly who the Joker was before he became a supervillain.

Also, it's not going to be a part of DCEU, afaik. They're going back to making solo films not connected with each other, aren't they?

How would you do the Joker? I love that WB is digging into the source material. They did it with Aquaman and SHAZAM. Both did really well

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 06:05 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Dc does indeed sucks at live action, but atleast they don’t treat their comics versions like soy

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 09:17 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Eon Blue
thumb up

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 11:19 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
Oh no idea I never paid attention to the character outside the film and a few major dc story arcs. I just meant films. I always thought this character was lame. He is so sensitive and wimpy. F nboys scream they want more. He could self harm the entire film and kill one guy at the end and they would scream Oscar.

I don't think the problem with Joker is that he's sensitive, I wouldn't even attach one of the negative connotations of the world to his trash character.

I do agree that he is such a bad character that the self harm thing could happes though. The fake depth on the guy is unreal.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 12:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
I don't think the problem with Joker is that he's sensitive, I wouldn't even attach one of the negative connotations of the world to his trash character.

I do agree that he is such a bad character that the self harm thing could happes though. The fake depth on the guy is unreal.
I find it unappealing. The whole trailer made me sick. The fanboys acting like this artsie fartsie is awesome is just fanboyism.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 01:47 PM
Senor Cage

quote:
Dc does indeed sucks at live action, but atleast they don’t treat their comics versions like soy

Soy?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2019 05:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eon Blue

I think he's great when done right. Most people will think of Heath Ledger when they think about the character, but my mind always goes to the DCAU version voiced by Mark Hamill.

Also the version from Batman The Brave and the Bold. DC does really good cartoons.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX

I disagree, even if you don't like their WB shows...Doom Patrol is awesome.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Edit.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Apr 22nd, 2019 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:24 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

TIFF Director Teases ‘Career-Best’ Performance By Joaquin Phoenix In ‘Joker’

WB will release Joker super early. Bodes well, and TIFF teases this is Phoenix's best performance.

quote:
“It’s an original story, not part of the existing canon. It does take the character and a lot of the elements that we know from Joker’s backstory. But it’s an original story that allows the filmmakers to go in an original direction. It’s got some real dark tones to it, but it’s just grounded in this career-best career performance by Joaquin Phoenix. I think all the awards bodies will be taking notice.”

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 10:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Lower budget emo trash.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 10:09 PM
Senor Cage

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 10:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Senor Cage
laughing out loud
I expect weirdness and lameness.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 10:37 PM
Senor Cage

thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 10:46 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Senor Cage
thumb up
Lameness indeed.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 12:25 AM
Senor Cage

Joker getting good buzz. thumb up

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 12:57 AM
quanchi112
Disney

So did Shazam.

Whoops.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2019 01:22 AM