KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Joker (2019)

Joker (2019)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

I'd rather see Joaqin as Joker than Leto.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 02:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Leto as an actor is good, His portrayal of the Joker was garbage then again that's probably what David Ayer wanted.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Why is this happening? Is DC...or WB just getting carried away with the knowledge that Suicide Squad won an "Academy Award"?

Not that I would watch it but what would this movie even be about?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 04:34 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ SS made a lot of money.

Plus was the first time the movie audiences were introduced to Harley Quinn and her relationship with Joker.

So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 07:52 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
So even though most people didnt enjoy the film, they probably liked the whole Joker/Harley thing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 07:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Okay...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 12:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Saw this on another board and was taken aback. Come on DC.

quote:
So to put this in perspective this now have a second Suicide Squad movie, a 70's era Joker origin movie with Phoenix, a Harley Quinn movie, a Birds of Prey movie, a Harley and Joker movie AND this. Never mind Nightwing, The Batman and assuming it takes off again, Batgirl, or the various Batman themed animated and LEGO movies.

Leto's Joker is universally the one that gets panned and they are going to green light a solo movie? This isnt helping the state of the DCEU.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 04:28 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

They should probably just do a SS2 first to test if anyone is still interested before green lighting everything else.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:43 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It's frustrating and confusing at the same time. Hopefully comic con can clear some things up.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:49 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

C'mon, playa. You know it will suck.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:25 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:42 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No one knows if it will suck or be good.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:48 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by playa1258
Leto can make it happen if the character is written better.

Did you even see SS?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 08:47 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Its because Suicide Squad made so much money.

Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 09:07 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by tkitna
Curiosity cash. Even I got suckered in and was rooting for it. I, like many others, wont fall for that a second time.

A Leto Joker movie will suck. He was awful in the role.

Im not defending the film. Just pointing out the fact that it did make shit tons. So they not gonna let that go until he next one flops.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 09:40 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jared Leto is the worst joker ever...they must have looked at every great Joker portrayal from Nicholson, Heath, Hamill, etc and said...ok do none of things that worked, plus add shitty character traits that don’t work...like the tattoos and gold teeth.

Ayer should be banned from movies after this watery pile of dog shit that is Suicide squad. The fact he is proud of this contentious shit he calls a film is just mind numbing

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 10:05 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Zack M
Martin Scorsese produced Joker Movie? Gritty, noir style? I think I'll place my bets on Joauqin Phoenix being good, if Martin is involved. Leto one? Depends on the screen writer and director.

Its more about being sick and tiered of Joker being used or overused. The character needs to be put on hold for at least a few years.
Batman has great villains in his rogues gallery and all DC/WB can think of doing is making a bunch of Joker and Harley related movies? This studio is the king of causing fatigue to these types of movies.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jun 8th, 2018 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 05:26 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Its because Suicide Squad made so much money. Theyre gonna milk anything from that film.

So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:26 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So why not make a Katana movie or something over this likely hot mess? I'm so sick and tired of bats and clowns.

Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Also dont think any studio in their right mind would give up on Batman.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:53 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dont think Katanas the reason people went to watch Suicide Squad.

Oh look. Somebody speaking for me...

Well, I did also watch it for Will Smith as Deadshot. There's a movie they could've made instead.

quote:
Also dont think any studio in their right mind would give up on Batman.

I must not be in mine for I certainly would if I had a studio. Fatigue for Batman movies has to be growing.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 8th, 2018 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 09:46 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote