KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gauntlet: Slayer Edition

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition

I used Slayer Edition due to it being the only obtainable steam version.

If someone else has made this thread, please tell me, as I searched for it and could not find it.

I absolutely love Gauntlet II but haven't had the chance to try the original, someone tell me if it's any good?

Gauntlet is a top-down hack and slash dungeon crawl video game, developed by Arrowhead Game Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Part of the Gauntlet series, it was released on 23 September 2014. The game was to be released for the SteamOS Linux operating system later in the year. Gauntlet was released for the PlayStation 4 as Gauntlet: Slayer Edition in August 2015.

The player takes the role of one of four heroes, Thor the Warrior, Thyra the Valkyrie, Questor the Elf, or Merlin the Wizard, (one player per race) allowing up to four-player multiplayer co-op gameplay. The dungeons to be explored are part defined maps and part procedurally generated.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 06:44 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Played the original on Midway Arcade Treasures. It's fun.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 06:54 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Played the original on Midway Arcade Treasures. It's fun.
I was playing on an emulator earlier and mother of god it's such a fun game, never-ending as well.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:08 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Gauntlet was the granddaddy of Diablo clones, after all.

Well, it and Hack.

Slayer could have a hard time of it, in this oversaturated market. Games like Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege, and god knows how many others out there, not to mention comparisons to classics Torchlight and Diablo..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:23 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Gauntlet was the granddaddy of Diablo clones, after all.

Well, it and Hack.

Slayer could have a hard time of it, in this oversaturated market. Games like Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege, and god knows how many others out there, not to mention comparisons to classics Torchlight and Diablo..
People who are true Gauntlet fans will like it, I'm sure.

But yeah there are better options.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:46 PM