KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 116 117 [118] 119 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's not an excuse.

TBH, I blame Kennedy, Abrams and Johnson for it all at this point. They all had a part to play. And that supposed Disney "story team" or whatever they call it.

Yeah it was the whole lot. And Bob Iger and whatever Disney execs were advising him.

The whole nostalgia thing they did with Force Awakens was a one time trick to make a crap load of money, but a terrible way to kick off a new trilogy.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2020 02:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Waited a couple of months for the yelling and bickering to die down before posting about this. I've been putting up with Star Wars bashing for 23 years now, ever since the Special Editions got released to theatres the winter of 1997. That's why I stayed away from social media about this anywhere the past two months; I just wanted to enjoy as a fan, like I did when a was a young boy seeing the OT at the movies.

And I am still a fan! Though it felt a bit hectic and rushed in the first act - I got some flashbacks feelings to The Matrix Revolutions/The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies (which is to say, a sinking feeling) - the third act was so great it pulled it all together. I know intellectually The Last Jedi may be a better movie, but it frustrates as much as it fascinates. This was just joyfully satisfying as a nine film culmination, and I thought the ending was perfect.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 11:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Waited a couple of months for the yelling and bickering to die down before posting about this. I've been putting up with Star Wars bashing for 23 years now, ever since the Special Editions got released to theatres the winter of 1997. That's why I stayed away from social media about this anywhere the past two months; I just wanted to enjoy as a fan, like I did when a was a young boy seeing the OT at the movies.

And I am still a fan! Though it felt a bit hectic and rushed in the first act - I got some flashbacks feelings to The Matrix Revolutions/The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies (which is to say, a sinking feeling) - the third act was so great it pulled it all together. I know intellectually The Last Jedi may be a better movie, but it frustrates as much as it fascinates. This was just joyfully satisfying as a nine film culmination, and I thought the ending was perfect.

As a hardcore OT and PT fan I envy you for being a fan of all 9. Wish I could have enjoyed the final 3 as well. But I guess im just more of a Lucas fan, and less of a retro one.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 01:01 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The novelization of TRoS basically confirms that ep 9 Palpatine was a clone I guess. This was still a mess of a trilogy, but at least Vader's final will and testament is still validated, in that he indeed killed the original Palps.

Never posted my thoughts on this film while it was out because I wanted to stray from most of the Star Wars drama I guess, but I was lukewarm on it. Enjoyed it on a "liked it but didn't love it" kind of level, though was still my favorite out of the ST. TFA played it too safe, while TLJ was all about subversion. TRoS was just kind of a half-assed attempt to reconcile the damage that had already been done, but feel things have been slowly getting better at least now that we've moved on from this trilogy. (Clone Wars is killing it again, etc)

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 07:45 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Okay thats a retcon. There was a source book couple of months back saying he was resurrected by those Sith Occultists who were watching in the hoods. That they retrieved his body and resurrected him through Sith magic.

In any case, all that proves is that disintegrating him will not necessarily kill him. So how do we know hes actually dead at the end of Ep. 9 ?

What was different about his “death” this time.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 12:03 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If those Sith Occultists were so damn amazing they could apparently recover Palpatines body in the very very small window of time between him dying and the death star exploding...shit, dipshits shoulda left him dead and just chosen a damn leader among themselves.

I swear does being a force user make one dumb as f*ck? They all just make really really bad choices.

Did the source book explain why a resurrected palpatine waited decades to come back? Cuz I would have been all "my death was rebel propaganda".

Oh and you ask what was different about his death this time? Well it was death via plot device space magic. He didn't just get tossed down a shaft.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 2nd, 2020 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 12:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Okay thats a retcon. There was a source book couple of months back saying he was resurrected by those Sith Occultists who were watching in the hoods. That they retrieved his body and resurrected him through Sith magic.

In any case, all that proves is that disintegrating him will not necessarily kill him. So how do we know hes actually dead at the end of Ep. 9 ?

What was different about his “death” this time.

Yeah, they might bring him back again.

Keep in mind that Legend Palps kept coming back even after he ran out of the clone bodies, as the evil spirit in the last attempt to possess the kid, I believe.

Ian McDiarmid is so awesome, I don't mind stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 12:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Speaking of, his reaction to the clone revelation...

He may have not "saved" the trilogy, but at least made it end on a more fun note. He always gives an awesome performance.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 01:18 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Speaking of, his reaction to the clone revelation...

He may have not "saved" the trilogy, but at least made it end on a more fun note. He always gives an awesome performance.

Honestly I thought TROS was his worst performance.

No fault of his own, just the bad material he had to work with.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 07:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough. Hard to argue that I suppose, though still had fun seeing him here like I did the other films, even if not to the same level because of the script.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 08:49 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

lel

(please log in to view the image)

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020...on-and-history/

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 10:41 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like the novel for this film might be worth a read, Alot of things that were left out.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Inhuman
lel

What a phucking badass.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 02:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Thor cries in retard

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 03:36 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Darth Thor cries in retard

Oh I forgot you hate me cause you think im black and muslim.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 09:46 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I actually rather enjoyed the film and the RLM guys aren't wrong, but I think because I don't follow the mythology and lore very closely (more of a casual fan) I was able to go along with the ride and just enjoy myself. (shrug)

This was a fu#k ton better than Force Awakens, which I was afraid of with JJ Abrams returning.

I saw that Trevorrow still had his name attached to the story, so that actually may have contributed to my liking the story.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 11:31 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

lel

Just like nobody cared about Rose Tico. The circle is now complete.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2020 11:36 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

lel

What a shock.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 05:57 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

made me think of quan:

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 02:59 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 09:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote