KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
In episode 3 we had to ignore the Padme/Anakin scenes in order to enjoy the film.

This movie I expect we'll have to ignore the scenes with Finn and the asian chick.

As George Lucas said "it's like poetry".
The episodic films are doing quite well. I expect this to follow suit.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 09:32 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bit off topic: Superman vs Batman made more than Citizen Kane.

It's a superior film. Logic baby!!! I m not embarrassed at all to have this thought process.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 09:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Bit off topic: Superman vs Batman made more than Citizen Kane.

It's a superior film. Logic baby!!! I m not embarrassed at all to have this thought process.
The last Jedi was great. Opinions vary you tool bag. Just because you do not like it does not mean anything outside your own weak opinion.

Success is what Disney knows.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 12:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It's their last shot, maybe this will be like the prequels, the first two are dogshit and the last one is decent.

The difference is, the Prequels had a good story that was always leading somewhere. These ones dont IMO.

Dont really see how the last one can change that.

In episode 3 we had to ignore the Padme/Anakin scenes in order to enjoy the film.

Lucas really did minimise those scenes for Ep.3 though. As he minimised Jar Jar after his backlash in Ep.1.

So he actually did listen. Which is why he ended that trilogy on a very good and well received note.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 12th, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 10:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
The difference is, the Prequels had a good story that was always leading somewhere. These ones dont IMO.

Dont really see how the last one can change that.

Lucas really did minimise those scenes for Ep.3 though. As he minimised Jar Jar after his backlash in Ep.1.

So he actually did listen. Which is why he ended that trilogy on a very good and well received note.

Yeah he did tone it down. Not a single mention of sand. Though seriously yeah, I just fast forward through the Padme scenes and otherwise the movie is pretty great.

Being a big SW's fan I've watched all the behind the scenes footage about the prequels that I could and you can tell people never really told George "no".

As for this series...I hope they paid attention to criticism. Either they paid attention or they are gonna double down. At least there are shows like "Rebels".

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 02:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Being a big SW's fan I've watched all the behind the scenes footage about the prequels that I could and you can tell people never really told George "no".

Well the fans/audiences told him no.

Seriously though thats not all a bad thing. He was basically the biggest Independent filmmaker in Hollywood. It was all his imagination. And love his end product or hate it, no one can deny how damn creative he was.

As for this series...I hope they paid attention to criticism. Either they paid attention or they are gonna double down. At least there are shows like "Rebels".

The animated series? Oh that finished and theyve replaced it with a proper kiddy one: Resistance. The new show is a whole new level of turd.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 03:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Palpatine is back.

Title is "The Rise of Skywalker"... WTF?

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 12th, 2019 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 05:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Almost thought that was the Hamil Joker laugh at the end lol. Anyways I'm excited for this. Hopefully Abrams fixes the mess that was Last Jedi

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 05:29 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The title is confusing but it looks great for the most part. I’m curious how The Emperor ties into all this, maybe some kind of Sith ritual or he’s a spirit or something??? Going to be interesting to see and it’ll be a good way to end the series and maybe a brief hiatus to plan the next series of films

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 05:29 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Title seems to indicate Rey is a Skywalker after all??

Sith are not supposed to exist in Spirit form in Canon.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 05:54 PM
ares834

Only one man can save this franchise:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:04 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Title seems to indicate Rey is a Skywalker after all??

Sith are not supposed to exist in Spirit form in Canon.

And Luke Skywalker is not supposed to be a whiny little b*tch after maturing but that's what Episode 8 gave us.

Episode 9 may also crap all over ideas of what SW is supposed to be.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

HOT DAMN, our Lord and master Sidious returns!!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:27 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by ares834

Palpatine is back.

Title is "The Rise of Skywalker"... WTF?

WOW... Just freaking wow.. I've watched 20 times already...... The title could mean a 1000 different things from Rey being a Skywalker to Ben coning back into the light.

also here is Ian McDiarmid coming out after the trailer debuts...

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/12/star...-debut-chicago/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

"Resurrect the past. Clone it, if you have to." - Disney, probably.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:00 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
Only one man can save this franchise:

(please log in to view the image)

Lol

Well at least they admit they cant outdo Lucas’s villains.

When you cant beat ‘em join ‘em.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:03 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

More Palp is always good.
I just hope they dont go the clone EU nonsense route.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Rey being a Skywalker to Ben coning back into the light.

I agree that those things are likely based on the title.

Last edited by Inhuman on Apr 12th, 2019 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:10 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Underwhelming. I can't believe my former favorite movie franchise has fallen this low. I want to go back in time and tell 15 year old me to just let it go and not expect much more so I wouldn't feel the disappointment I've felt these last few years.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:10 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Think this looks great. Can't wait.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Seems like they're just reacting to negative opinions all the time. Which means they never had any idea where they were going when they wrote ep VII. Surely if you're envisioning a trilogy from the start you actually have the bare bones for the entire thing. Apparently not. Just make it up as you go along dependent on people's complaints.

It's working so well for the Alien franchise too.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2019 07:28 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote