KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why a sequel trilogy doesn't work

Why a sequel trilogy doesn't work
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zentrex
I don't think the previous films sucked all that much. I think Solo's hate came from other factors. Can't name them all right now, I haven't looked that much into it, but people wearing "Soylo" shirts, and the hate for Alden Ehenriech before we even got to see his performance, and perhaps just the lack of enthusiasm for star wars lately make me think it's something else.
He is inserting his own subjective opinion of the previous films so he basically hates all Disney canon as he teases both episodic films as well as rogue one which is odd since he pretended to like it until now.

He is clearly dismissing all other factors in favor of his Disney doesn’t care illogical agenda. Any business which wants to make money doesn’t make any sense for them not to care about making quality films.

MCU is a different fanbase than the close minded individuals like Darth Thor who spread their anti Disney Star Wars hate all over the internet. They don’t make up the majority but a loud vocal minority.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 04:37 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Solo shouldn't have flopped, it was better than 7 8 and Rogue one.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Merchant
Solo shouldn't have flopped, it was better than 7 8 and Rogue one.
Bad idea though. No one was really that excited for a Han Solo film. I also think this was the weakest of the Disney era led films.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:15 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

See that's the weird thing. The star wars fanbase has the largest diversity of opinion I've ever seen in my life, and that includes politics. It astounds me how some people can still believe in "objectively good" or "objectively bad" content after all this.

And yeah, I thought Solo was awesome. I've heard a LOT of complaints about how the things it explains didn't feel important or entertaining, but that was NOT a problem for me, I was freaking out every time they made a call-back to the originals.
Isn't that the point of a prequel anyway? Fanservice? It's not like you really NEED any answers, like the one Rogue One provided, but somehow some people just seem to not feel as interested by Han Solo's background.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It was ok but nothing for me to be excited about save the cameo. Saw it twice nonetheless but the Last Jedi had me obsessing over it along with every Snoke scene in the film.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 01:12 AM
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Originally posted by Zentrex
I don't think the previous films sucked all that much. I think Solo's hate came from other factors. Can't name them all right now, I haven't looked that much into it, but people wearing "Soylo" shirts, and the hate for Alden Ehenriech before we even got to see his performance, and perhaps just the lack of enthusiasm for star wars lately make me think it's something else.

Thats your opinion dude. The drop in box office states different.

Solo wasnt the first sign of the box office drop.

Fact is if audiences loved Disney Star Wars then they would have given Solo a shot. But they didnt.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 12:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Originally posted by quanchi112
Bad idea though. No one was really that excited for a Han Solo film. I also think this was the weakest of the Disney era led films.

Youre making excuses for why this one flopped. Trying to blame it on the film itself.

Fact is the box office shows, audiences are not liking Disney Star Wars.

Stop being butthurt just because you jumped on the wrong Wagon again laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Youre making excuses for why this one flopped. Trying to blame it on the film itself.

Fact is the box office shows, audiences are not liking Disney Star Wars.

Stop being butthurt just because you jumped on the wrong Wagon again laughing out loud
Everything made over a billion dollars save this film but yes continue to spin it to make yourself feel better you self loathing Star Wars fan. I love Disney Star Wars and don’t care if anyone else does. That’s what loyalty is not dependent on everything being a smash hit. Love Snoke he’s by far my favorite and Disney gave me that. You’re consumed by Snoke though because he’s so powerful and the First Order would destroy the weak empire. How does it feel to know Sidious and Vader wouldn’t stack up against the Disney badasses.

I guess if you make over a billion it’s a failure if you live in Darth Thor’s weirdo world. One film shit the bed that’s it you Star Wars hater.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 01:38 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thats your opinion dude. The drop in box office states different.

Solo wasnt the first sign of the box office drop.

Fact is if audiences loved Disney Star Wars then they would have given Solo a shot. But they didnt.

You're probably right, but what makes me hesitant to say "defenitely" is the fact that anger usually effects these kinds of things a lot more than love. All the people that love the new film, or even the ones who thought it was decent aren't gonna come to its rescue when all the people offended by it start attacking.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

It can be a Star Wars movie but not about the Sith. Or make a movie about The Sith but more Prequels.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quan is right, Disney does care and doesn't want Star Wars to flop, they just suck at making Star Wars shit.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2018 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quan isn’t a fan, who gives a 💩 what he says.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:56 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote