KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Devil May Cry 5

Devil May Cry 5
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Im sure they can come up with a plot to bring him back also Devil Bringer had Yamato inside it so maybe thats why he stole it?

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 14th, 2018 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 08:44 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

10 days before second trailer release...
Not that I pleased by hobo Dante, but the designers say the look is for the reasons, and that this is "end of his family saga", so I think they FINALLY move storyline past DMC2/retcon DMC2 outright "shit happened, Dante had to spend several years in place called Hell and without access to basic hygiene - shaving with Rebellion and without mirror is quite a task even at his level of agility".

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:17 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Hobo Dante hypes me as phuck, Ms.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:59 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Hobo Dante hypes me as phuck, Ms.

Waiting for August 21 trailer, huh?

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 09:24 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yah, and crossing my fingers for a public demo but that's just wishful thinking lol. Do you like what we know about the game so far?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 02:06 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Got a truly weird pet theory about the new "Stronger than Mundus" big bad and the whole "End of Sons of Sparda storyline".
Fact 1 - Dante & Vergil do not know what exactly happened to their dad. Who was one of those definitely higher than Mundus in food chain.
Fact 2 - Sparda was clearly crazy from the demonic society PoV. Even the non-canon Easter egg from Bayonetta confirms this - what sane demon creates MARRIAGE contract with his witch?

So... what if psychiatry in Hell progressed in the last 50 (or so) years to the point that they can "treat and rehabilitate" even the weirdest cases, so we're gonna get not one but TWO "No, I am your father" moments?! Though in retrospect brainwashed Sparda as top boss would be...weird, it has the right to be a theory.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 07:12 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

It also makes sense in retrospect, given that final/pre-final bosses of both DMC3 and 4 were wannabe users of Sparda powers. Bringing the real deal or sort of for the grand final is...fun.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 08:30 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/102772/t2296749-sparda/
My favorite pet theory as of now. Won't be betting my apartment on this, but still...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 11th, 2018 11:16 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Does this game take place after DMC 2? I only ask because of Dante on the motorcycle.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 02:31 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Got a truly weird pet theory about the new "Stronger than Mundus" big bad and the whole "End of Sons of Sparda storyline".
Fact 1 - Dante & Vergil do not know what exactly happened to their dad. Who was one of those definitely higher than Mundus in food chain.
Fact 2 - Sparda was clearly crazy from the demonic society PoV. Even the non-canon Easter egg from Bayonetta confirms this - what sane demon creates MARRIAGE contract with his witch?

So... what if psychiatry in Hell progressed in the last 50 (or so) years to the point that they can "treat and rehabilitate" even the weirdest cases, so we're gonna get not one but TWO "No, I am your father" moments?! Though in retrospect brainwashed Sparda as top boss would be...weird, it has the right to be a theory.
I would almost like that tbh. And that guy's theory at neoseeker is interesting as well.

On the other hand, I'd like Sparda to be a good guy that gave up everything for the world he came to love. 🤔

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Does this game take place after DMC 2? I only ask because of Dante on the motorcycle.
Imo that's what they're implying with the bike and the hobo look

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 03:05 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I would almost like that tbh. And that guy's theory at neoseeker is interesting as well.

On the other hand, I'd like Sparda to be a good guy that gave up everything for the world he came to love. 🤔

Imo that's what they're implying with the bike and the hobo look

Or immediately pre DMC2, if there is indeed some dramatic reveal regarding family matters.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 04:06 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Let's see. A murder of some random demon lord nobody has ever heard before is "business as usual", no family drama.
Vergil SOMEHOW managing to become the Supreme Demon Emperor and head of invasion sounds like stupid dumb fanwank and ruins all rails of logic.

That leaves us with ONE, exactly ONE thing that fits all relations. Or two variants of this "Sparda was NOT the Big Good all along, instead playing the long game as befits the best strategist of Demon World" and "Hell psychiatry has evolved a lot
" - both enough to leave Dante emotionally ruined should he survive the ordeal... and fitting "sons of Sparda saga closure".

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 12th, 2018 04:25 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I get what you're saying, but part of Sparda's charm is the fact that we've never even actually seen him.

Also, him being just a baddie in disguise would go against the general moralizing message of DMC as a whole. I personally wouldn't like that lol.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 12:52 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

March 8th everyone!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 12:01 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I get what you're saying, but part of Sparda's charm is the fact that we've never even actually seen him.

Also, him being just a baddie in disguise would go against the general moralizing message of DMC as a whole. I personally wouldn't like that lol.

With new brand of spoilers the theory may not be proven true, so the message will stay.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/he...nd.63489/page-4
A spoiler discussion thread for those interested.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:12 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Long story short, if the script leak above is true, then Dante is the new Friday beer-drinking pal of this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Daimon_Hellstrom_(Earth-616)

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:55 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Now this shot is much better, makes me forget about that bad frontal....

(please log in to view the image)

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 10:56 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 08:16 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Huge spoilers!!!!

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 06:07 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

HYPE.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 11:58 PM