KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Steppenwolf vs Ares

Steppenwolf vs Ares
Started by: h1a8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggerman
In JL we see Steppenwolf (and Parademons I guess) fighting against Amazons, Atlanteans, Green Lanterns, and literal Olympian Gods. Zeus AND Ares were both present and neither was able to beat Steppenwolf himself. He was only defeated cuz they stopped the boxes from converging. So If Ares was his better, the rest wouldn't be needed.

And I know it was an all out war but the Parademons weren't all that so you'd think that the best fighters would target Steppen yet none were able to put him down. He is clearly intended to be superior to the old gods be quite a margen
That implies that he is resistant against lightning.
Since Ares and Zeus are about lightning.
But what defense does Step have against being lifted by his armor? He can't fly.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:17 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by h1a8
That implies that he is resistant against lightning.
Since Ares and Zeus are about lightning.
But what defense does Step have against being lifted by his armor? He can't fly.

Why wouldn't he be? I mean he took what the JL dished out and was still chipping them except Superman. Wonder Woman is superior to Ares and she couldn't beat Steppenwolf on her own.

You're assuming he can or would do that when he hasn't shown it. He didn't do it to Diana and he didn't do it to Steppenwolf when he arrived on Earth the first time. Besides as I stated they couldn't put him down when they had an army, Ares isn't doing it on his lonesome

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:38 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ares was weak sauce tbh. Steppenwolf wrecks him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 02:52 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Why wouldn't he be? I mean he took what the JL dished out and was still chipping them except Superman. Wonder Woman is superior to Ares and she couldn't beat Steppenwolf on her own.

You're assuming he can or would do that when he hasn't shown it. He didn't do it to Diana and he didn't do it to Steppenwolf when he arrived on Earth the first time. Besides as I stated they couldn't put him down when they had an army, Ares isn't doing it on his lonesome

ABC logic does not work if one character has a defense against tactics that another character doesn't. If WW didn't have her braces the lightning would have kill her.

I don't see Steppenwolf doing what Ares did with WW's sword. I'm sorry, but Ares is superior in every way using on screen feats.

I don't see how Steppenwolf could prevent from being impaled or lifted in the air by Ares. The lightning should kill Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf had an army. He didn't fight everyone on his own.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 04:51 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Based on what? You’re so annoying. H1 you’re the worst debater out there.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 01:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

ABC logic does not work if one character has a defense against tactics that another character doesn't. If WW didn't have her braces the lightning would have kill her.

I don't see Steppenwolf doing what Ares did with WW's sword. I'm sorry, but Ares is superior in every way using on screen feats.

I don't see how Steppenwolf could prevent from being impaled or lifted in the air by Ares. The lightning should kill Steppenwolf.

ABC logic is quite useful at times when we see how characters stack up to each other. WW with a team couldn't beat SW but her on her own beat Ares. Says quite a lot

Why not? There was nothing at all special about that sword.

Speculation. If Ares was above Steppen then what stopped him and Zeus and others from killing him before?

Ares had an army as well. And don't act like Parademons would have stopped him since they didn't even stop Batman

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 04:49 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

ABC logic is quite useful at times when we see how characters stack up to each other. WW with a team couldn't beat SW but her on her own beat Ares. Says quite a lot

Why not? There was nothing at all special about that sword.

Speculation. If Ares was above Steppen then what stopped him and Zeus and others from killing him before?

Ares had an army as well. And don't act like Parademons would have stopped him since they didn't even stop Batman

Reread my first sentence. We use on screen feats.
WW would have lost to Ares if she did not have bracers. The lightning would have fried her.

The sword was most likely more durable than a man made sword.
At worse (the sword is a normal steel) then the feat is still above Steppenwolf.

The lightning will kill Steppenwolf.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 07:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Prove it, loser.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 07:10 PM
juggerman

Reread my first sentence. We use on screen feats.
WW would have lost to Ares if she did not have bracers. The lightning would have fried her.

The sword was most likely more durable than a man made sword.
At worse (the sword is a normal steel) then the feat is still above Steppenwolf.

The lightning will kill Steppenwolf.

On screen, Ares lost to Wonder Woman by herself. On screen, Wonder Woman needed help to fight Steppenwolf and still couldn't end him.

The sword is a normal sword unless otherwise stated. Steppenwolf took WAY more than a simple sword attack and was fine. There is nothing to say it would have harmed him

Prove it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2018 08:09 PM
h1a8

On screen, Ares lost to Wonder Woman by herself. On screen, Wonder Woman needed help to fight Steppenwolf and still couldn't end him.

The sword is a normal sword unless otherwise stated. Steppenwolf took WAY more than a simple sword attack and was fine. There is nothing to say it would have harmed him

Prove it.

Ares lost to plot device. He would have killed WW if she didn't have bracers.
What are you not understanding? ABC logic doesn't work here.
Steppenwolf can't utilize the same device.

Do you know about pressure?
Pressure =Force /Area
The pressure on Ares hand was phenomenal, even if it was a normal sword.

There is no showing by Steppenwolf that proves he can do the same.
Steppenwolf didn't casually get a sword broken on his skin.

That's moot anyway, Steppenwolf has no answer for
1. Magnetic control of Steppenwolf armor
2. Lightning

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:10 AM
juggerman

Ares lost to plot device. He would have killed WW if she didn't have bracers.
What are you not understanding? ABC logic doesn't work here.
Steppenwolf can't utilize the same device.

Do you know about pressure?
Pressure =Force /Area
The pressure on Ares hand was phenomenal, even if it was a normal sword.

There is no showing by Steppenwolf that proves he can do the same.
Steppenwolf didn't casually get a sword broken on his skin.

That's moot anyway, Steppenwolf has no answer for
1. Magnetic control of Steppenwolf armor
2. Lightning

Look man everything points to Steppenwolf being superior. Nothing shows that Steppenwolf would be harmed by that lightning

Ares is a magical being. You clearly see what looks like heat emitting from his hand. That wasn't a strength or durability feat. Nice try though

Steppenwolf eats Ares' lunch. Ares, his dad and countless others couldn't beat him in a combined effort. Ares loses on his own

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:32 AM
Silent Master

H1 hasn't seen the movie, so you have to make allowances for his ignorance.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 01:44 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Look man everything points to Steppenwolf being superior. Nothing shows that Steppenwolf would be harmed by that lightning

Ares is a magical being. You clearly see what looks like heat emitting from his hand. That wasn't a strength or durability feat. Nice try though

Steppenwolf eats Ares' lunch. Ares, his dad and countless others couldn't beat him in a combined effort. Ares loses on his own

Agreed, he used heat. But to melt a sword that fast and casual takes tremendous power. Steppenwolf is out of his league here.

There is no proof that lightning won’t harm Steppenwolf. Do you know how much energy is in lightning that lasts for more than 3 seconds?

You are just speculating.
On screen feats >>>>speculation

And you never answered what would Steppenwolf do if Ares lifted him via TK?
You want to avoid that question?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 02:44 AM
quanchi112
Disney

H1 no one respects you.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 02:48 AM
juggerman

quote:
Agreed, he used heat. But to melt a sword that fast and casual takes tremendous power. Steppenwolf is out of his league here.

There is no proof that lightning won’t harm Steppenwolf. Do you know how much energy is in lightning that lasts for more than 3 seconds?

You are just speculating.
On screen feats >>>>speculation

And you never answered what would Steppenwolf do if Ares lifted him via TK?
You want to avoid that question?

So you admit you were wrong? That's progress. But here you are speculating. 1. He took Superman's heat vision without being cut through and 2. Ares never uses that "heat" palm in fights that we see so why are you assuming he would against Steppenwolf?

There is no proof it would harm him either. This guy took shots from every member of the JL and suffered no lasting damage. Please explain why his lightning, that doesn't have great feats btw, would harm him?

On screen Steppenwolf > Wonder Woman > Ares

When did he use that to lift and/or control opponents? Again it seems like you are trying to dictate how he would use his power instead of how he actually uses them in combat

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 06:17 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do you keep acting like the sword is some special item? It wasn't lol. WW was *told* it was special. It was just a sword.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

H1a8, forget the YouTube clips. Just watch the actual movie and then you will understand the sword had no special properties.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Surtur
Why do you keep acting like the sword is some special item? It wasn't lol. WW was *told* it was special. It was just a sword.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
H1a8, forget the YouTube clips. Just watch the actual movie and then you will understand the sword had no special properties.

I'm not pushing that agenda currently. For the sake of argument, I assumed that the sword was normal tempered steel. My current argument is based on such.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:03 PM
h1a8

So you admit you were wrong? That's progress. But here you are speculating. 1. He took Superman's heat vision without being cut through and 2. Ares never uses that "heat" palm in fights that we see so why are you assuming he would against Steppenwolf?

There is no proof it would harm him either. This guy took shots from every member of the JL and suffered no lasting damage. Please explain why his lightning, that doesn't have great feats btw, would harm him?

On screen Steppenwolf > Wonder Woman > Ares

When did he use that to lift and/or control opponents? Again it seems like you are trying to dictate how he would use his power instead of how he actually uses them in combat

Steppenwolf taking the hv without damage would actually be a good feat for him. I need to see it again. Can you post the scene?
Nevermind, I just saw it.

But we still have
1. Lightning
2. Control of metals (can levitate Step)
3. Ares can fly and has the range and mobility advantage
4.Cutting weapons (like Hela)

Last edited by h1a8 on Jun 14th, 2018 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:06 PM
juggerman

Steppenwolf taking the hv without damage would actually be a good feat for him. I need to see it again. Can you post the scene?
Nevermind, I just saw it.

But we still have
1. Lightning
2. Control of metals (can levitate Step)
3. Ares can fly and has the range and mobility advantage
4.Cutting weapons (like Hela)

About 1 minute in:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:45 AM