KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thragg vs Zod

Thragg vs Zod
Started by: krisblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
400 million tons isn't close to Zod? lmao
thumb up the problem with the vast majority of those that are supporting Zod seems to be that they're getting caught up on Mark's starting strength. Meanwhile, they completely ignore that Conquest lifted that weight in addition to six motherphucking miles of solid rock. They just disregard the fact that Omni-man was clearly Supreme's equal. Just ignore that Mark was implied to be one of the strongest people in existence. What's that, Mark shrugged off multiple hits from Solar Man (another characters that's stated to be the equal of Supreme)? Nobody cares.

They then either don't know or just straight up ignore that Omni-man, Mark, Thaddeus, Battle Beast, and Allen were all roughly as strong as if not a little bit stronger than Conquest. Finally, they completely ignore how Thragg stomped all five of them after nearly killing Omni-boy and tanking the explosion of a planet.

Superman ignores a planet blowing up under him; everyone starts immediately releasing enough jizz to supply multiple sperm clinics. Thragg ignores a planet blowing up under him; "low herald".

Never change KMC.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:49 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Its odd for me to be on the DC/Superman by proxy side.
Feels good.
I should do it more often!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up the problem with the vast majority of those that are supporting Zod seems to be that they're getting caught up on Mark's starting strength. Meanwhile, they completely ignore that Conquest lifted that weight in addition to six motherphucking miles of solid rock. They just disregard the fact that Omni-man was clearly Supreme's equal. Just ignore that Mark was implied to be one of the strongest people in existence. What's that, Mark shrugged off multiple hits from Solar Man (another characters that's stated to be the equal of Supreme)? Nobody cares.

They then either don't know or just straight up ignore that Omni-man, Mark, Thaddeus, Battle Beast, and Allen were all roughly as strong as if not a little bit stronger than Conquest. Finally, they completely ignore how Thragg stomped all five of them after nearly killing Omni-boy and tanking the explosion of a planet.

Superman ignores a planet blowing up under him; everyone starts immediately releasing enough jizz to supply multiple sperm clinics. Thragg ignores a planet blowing up under him; "low herald".

Never change KMC.

Thragg didn't ignore a planet blowing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Yv-F-ojdx...1600/p75_21.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HVwd-IqhJ...1600/p75_22.jpg

Pretty much all of the viltrumites were koed there.

Also Thragg fought them one on one. When five no named Viltrumites fought him one on one, they pretty much raped him within one page.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xs6AIpHX5...600/p102_12.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sBosKsfVX...600/p102_13.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XOnDKD_sx...600/p102_14.jpg

Last edited by abhilegend on Jun 14th, 2018 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

this is lowballing of the highest order.

But yeah, he's clearly low herald at best.

I've read all Incredible comics and at no point have I stated, that Invincible hasn't gotten stronger as the time progresses. He even caught up on Thragg and beat him.
Where our arguments separate, is who in our eyes belongs in the herald rank.

I personally consider Hulk to be a mid herald. He has the strength and durability and then some of those two aspects, but he lacks in the versatillity department.

High heralds have destroyed planets before. Some of them with mere punches. Gladiator destroyed a planet that survived the death of its galaxy, so it was resistant and durable for sure, yet it stood no chance against Gladiators wrath.
We saw how three Viltrumites had to approach destroying the planet.

Yeah, Thragg was more powerful than them, but you're implying some massive no limit fallacies here. Where does Thraggs power in your opinion stop?

None of the Viltrumites survived a planetary explosion. That happened in the background, while they were fighting. +400 tones is nothing compared to the upper echelon of heralds in comics. And I consider Zod to be closing in on the Supermans and Thors.

You seem to think that Thragg could compete with Zod, because he was arguably the most powerful Viltrumite - or at least in the top 3. I think that Zod would have bitchslapped everyone Thragg has ever faced, while holding Thragg in a choke hold - with Thraggs eyes popping out.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:57 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by zopzop
No, it's not. Zod held his own against a character that lifted a weight equivalent to the weight of the Earth. That's a phuck ton more than 400 million tons.

Or 1.5E+20 TONS.

Terrible way to debate. So everyone that has held their own with Supes is planetary? I doubt that and every writer doesnt view characters at the same strength. What I mean by that is, in one comic Hulk could probably bench press the sun and in another the writer might not even think he could lift earth. I have proof of this actually happening with the same Superman you're talking about. We dont share fts. What fts does ZOD have that proves he is stronger because fighting someone doesnt auto gives him planetary strength. .

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 11:58 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by carver9
Terrible way to debate. So everyone that has held their own with Supes is planetary? I doubt that and every writer doesnt view characters at the same strength. What I mean by that is, in one comic Hulk could probably bench press the sun and in another the writer might not even think he could lift earth. I have proof of this actually happening with the same Superman you're talking about. We dont share fts. What fts does ZOD have that proves he is stronger because fighting someone doesnt auto gives him planetary strength. .

My post had nothing to do with Zod beating Phagg because he could lift more. I stated that Zod beats Phagg because Zod has a history against ESTABLISHED characters.

You are quoting my post in reply krisblaze where I stated that even if Phagg could lift 400 million tons it's still nothing to Zod (or any other DC/Marvel herald worth their name). Superman has lifted MUCH more. Hulk has lifted MUCH more. ROOKIE GL's have lifted a phuckton more. Freaking Terrax, who the forum sees as a jobber, has lifted more.

Get it now?

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:04 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by krisblaze
400 million tons isn't close to Zod? lmao

400 million tons is a phucking large hill or a tiny mountain at best you dolt.

It's much less impressive than it sounds.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:15 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by Enzeru
I've read all Incredible comics and at no point have I stated, that Invincible hasn't gotten stronger as the time progresses. He even caught up on Thragg and beat him.
Where our arguments separate, is who in our eyes belongs in the herald rank.

I personally consider Hulk to be a mid herald. He has the strength and durability and then some of those two aspects, but he lacks in the versatillity department.

High heralds have destroyed planets before. Some of them with mere punches. Gladiator destroyed a planet that survived the death of its galaxy, so it was resistant and durable for sure, yet it stood no chance against Gladiators wrath.
We saw how three Viltrumites had to approach destroying the planet.

Yeah, Thragg was more powerful than them, but you're implying some massive no limit fallacies here. Where does Thraggs power in your opinion stop?

None of the Viltrumites survived a planetary explosion. That happened in the background, while they were fighting. +400 tones is nothing compared to the upper echelon of heralds in comics. And I consider Zod to be closing in on the Supermans and Thors.

You seem to think that Thragg could compete with Zod, because he was arguably the most powerful Viltrumite - or at least in the top 3. I think that Zod would have bitchslapped everyone Thragg has ever faced, while holding Thragg in a choke hold - with Thraggs eyes popping out.
Originally posted by Galan007
You're riding the lowball-train hard today, lol.

Wow, you still consistently try to mislead people after all this time, eh? Fortunately, I actually know what I'm talking about, so I can make the needed corrections to your purposely fallacious post. smile

Here's the ENTIRE scene you selectively pulled those scans from:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

As you can see: they were ALL back up on the very next page. Lol.

But I like how your stance has changed. First you said the blast "nearly killed!1!1!!!" them. When I busted that inaccuracy, you reverted to "they were KTFO!1!1!!!". Now that I've busted that inaccuracy as well, I wonder what you'll defer to..?

Yet another lol @ your attempt to try and act like Mark and Nolan's powers were depleted, btw. Do you even realize how long it takes for Viltrumites to deplete? Do you even realize that NO in-universe sources alluded to them being depleted? Tattered clothing and a bloody lip don't change this, I'm afraid. laughing out loud

Allen explicitly noted that some Viltrumites are tougher/stronger than others(that's why he could one-shot some, but was utterly owned by others):
(please log in to view the image)

And on that note, the 4 Viltrumites who dogpiled Thragg are the SAME Viltrumites who easily pummeled the shit out of Allen, and forced him to retreat with Space Racer:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:15 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Sorry folks, that was meant for abhi.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:33 PM
carver9

So much anger in here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 01:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sorry folks, that was meant for abhi.

Right, and what has Allen ever done to consider him a standard?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 02:25 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are people scaling lanterns feat to Zod?

Comics are inconsistent, Hal also shielded around Earth that kept 250,000 Kryptonians out which is far above Zod

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 02:34 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

People have their jobbing moments, most writers ignore power levels during those moments, but on panel showings and feats Hal>>>>>>>>>>>Zod, and average kryptonians

just like here

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 02:37 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Well, Hal is uber AF nowadays.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 04:43 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash

Originally posted by abhilegend
Right, and what has Allen ever done to consider him a standard?
.....he beat up Omni-man.
https://m.imgur.com/a/FGoNqUn
He literally stomped the shit out of him. He was also the one that saved Mark from the sun.
https://m.imgur.com/a/Yg4lPrS

Oh, and as for those "no name Viltrumites", here's what just one of them did against Omni-man.
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...28+%2814%29.png

One of the others in that group broke Nolan's phucking spine.
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...28+%2816%29.png

You also ignored that the same woman that overpowered Mark was in the group you freaking liar.
Look, I get that you were trying to lowball Thragg by bringing up him getting beaten by FOUR Viltrumites... But you never considered how powerful those Viltrumites were. And again: Anissa(one of the 4 who attacked Thragg) is CLEARLY stronger than Mark, as she EASILY overpowered him:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
What's you're endgame here, abhi? These ridiculous red herrings/lowballings/misleadings don't even make sense, for god's sake.

Btw, you still haven't addressed how you clearly lied about them being knocked out. Hell, this is the second thread that you've blatantly lied about that in. You're probably going to ignore the clear as day evidence that just one of them was roughly on par with Nolan and then you'll try to deflect to safer waters. I'm honestly wondering what you're going to lie about next.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:10 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Its odd for me to be on the DC/Superman by proxy side.
Feels good.
I should do it more often!

I MAY ABSOLVE YOU OF YOUR OFFENSES AGAINST THE HOUSE OF EL IF THIS CONTINUES!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:13 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

.....he beat up Omni-man.
https://m.imgur.com/a/FGoNqUn
He literally stomped the shit out of him. He was also the one that saved Mark from the sun.
https://m.imgur.com/a/Yg4lPrS

So circular logic?

Good.
quote:

Oh, and as for those "no name Viltrumites", here's what just one of them did against Omni-man.
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...28+%2814%29.png

One of the others in that group broke Nolan's phucking spine.
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...28+%2816%29.png

In invincible universe, weaker characters can damage stronger characters just fine.

Mark almost killed Conquest by headbutts when Conquest literally punched through Mark. It's not like DC/Marvel.
quote:

You also ignored that the same woman that overpowered Mark was in the group you freaking liar.

So random viltrumite >>Invincible, huh? And the same invincible albeit a little stronger killed Thragg in the sun?

How does that support your claim?
quote:

Btw, you still haven't addressed how you clearly lied about them being knocked out. Hell, this is the second thread that you've blatantly lied about that in. You're probably going to ignore the clear as day evidence that just one of them was roughly on par with Nolan and then you'll try to deflect to safer waters. I'm honestly wondering what you're going to lie about next.

Right, they just had their eyes rolled over because they were asleep.

Zod literally destroying Henshaw body in half is better than anything Thragg has ever done. There you go.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:19 PM
bluewaterrider

Just so we're on the same page, are you saying it would it take Spider-Man ONE issue to beat any of the guys you listed above, or two?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:27 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Damn u guys are really shiettin on Invincible universe.

All that damage portrayal is off-set by the ridic damage soak. Plus it was always more an art style. When a top tier(Omniman) from this comic fought a top tier(Supreme) outside the realm of Invincible, he represented well.

Thragg is a beast. As for Zod, he's been impressive of late. I don't see a stomp either way.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:35 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Zod is just more impressive. In suicide squad, he still fought with half his skull blown by the bomb.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2018 05:39 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote