KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » New 52 Superman vs. Midgard Serpent

New 52 Superman vs. Midgard Serpent
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is tough. MS is extremely durable, and even tougher on the inside, and the strong magic together with the magic weakness vs the MS ability to freeze time, poison fangs and vapour can kill even Superman. He's at a size and weight, that even if the MS was asleep, something like bfr would be hard to do.

Superman being so agile, strong and fast, should be able to win but I'm not sure how. A head on collision of mutually assured destruction like Thor did? And even that was the same process that formed the God Blast, Superman doesn't generate that type of power often.

Can Superman win? Sure. Punching the MG and doing lasting damage is almost impossible however, and even then it has a noticeable healing factor. The first time Thor won, it was through mutual destruction of supreme power. The second time, he was about to be eaten and caught the MS' head in a teleportation field.

Rage said it best, period

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:31 AM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman
sun god. hyperion.

Did you read both fights?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:41 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by deathslash
unless it's Superman, you mean?

You waiting to have Clark loses is baffling.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 11:40 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

This is tough. MS is extremely durable, and even tougher on the inside, and the strong magic together with the magic weakness vs the MS ability to freeze time, poison fangs and vapour can kill even Superman. He's at a size and weight, that even if the MS was asleep, something like bfr would be hard to do.

Superman being so agile, strong and fast, should be able to win but I'm not sure how. A head on collision of mutually assured destruction like Thor did? And even that was the same process that formed the God Blast, Superman doesn't generate that type of power often.

Can Superman win? Sure. Punching the MG and doing lasting damage is almost impossible however, and even then it has a noticeable healing factor. The first time Thor won, it was through mutual destruction of supreme power. The second time, he was about to be eaten and caught the MS' head in a teleportation field.

Man, I WANT to believe this but I just can't. I made a VS Thread involving the MS a few months back and general consensus was even trash characters like Hercules w/ Mace would beat the MS (among others). Such a cool character, so underwhelming.
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman beats king cobra wannabe.

Yeah, this is probably what happens.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 01:53 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by zopzop
Man, I WANT to believe this but I just can't. I made a VS Thread involving the MS a few months back and general consensus was even trash characters like Hercules w/ Mace would beat the MS (among others). Such a cool character, so underwhelming.

Versus who?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:09 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by zopzop

Yeah, this is probably what happens.

In what reality would Hercules beat the Midgard Serpent? Whoever thinks Hercules can beat the MS is poorly informed and ignorant of BOTH characters.

I've read every single Hercules and MS appearance. Absolutely cracked to come to that conclusion.

Thor overall is AT LEAST twice as powerful as Hercules, and hits MANY times harder with super-charged Mjolnir blows.

If Hercules thought the Hydra was difficult, the MS would atomize Hercules with it's death strike.

The main fight between Thor and MS by Simonson is a grander demonstration than anything Hercules has ever done outside of the Chaos War Skyfather amp.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jun 15th, 2018 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
overall more powerful than Thor.

This is untrue.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:57 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is nowhere in Thor's league. period

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:58 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
This is untrue.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:01 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

no not really if were talking whos more powerful

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:04 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is untrue.

Not up for dispute at this point. Small god. Small world.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:11 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Baziemarc123

Bwahahahahahahaa

Thor and Surfer together are sub Darkseid. Cry more.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:12 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor's defeated both Ymir, and Surtur together before...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:14 PM