KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman is 100% in strength

If Superman is 100% in strength
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dareangel
i dont recall addressing you. are you seeking attention from me?
i also find it funny you actually went to my profile, in order to look how long am i here. i wonder now, which thread was it that i slapped you so hard to make you triggered? help me with this one...

You didn't slap anyone, you're just a painful waste of time.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Injustice is non Canon the same way what if S are not Canon....

thumb up

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

For the nth time...

No Non-canon Sources

Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum.

An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel. Most writers are clear with the intentions of the plot and story arc.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

Source: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:26 AM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

"i know you are anti-DC/Pro marvel fanboy"

apparently anybody that goes against Dc wank is a marvel fanboy lmao, atleast learn what a fanboy is.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:30 AM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You didn't slap anyone, you're just a painful waste of time.

waste of time and yet you are searching my attention in every thread i post in. hypocritical of you? to tell you the truth, i dont recall you making any significant contribute to the forums, aside of pathetic trolling here and there. like some basement troll

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:40 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm doing my best to avoid you, actually.

Your posts are all too capable of murdering brain cells.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:42 AM
Dareangel

I'm doing my best to avoid you, actually.

Your posts are all too capable of murdering brain cells.

so thats your excuse for not having any brain cells? ok

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:43 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman and Bizarro traded bodies and Superman outright admitted Bizarro is stronger. It has been said on panel that Black Adam is stronger.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:44 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

carv, my point exactly.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:45 AM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by carver9
Superman and Bizarro traded bodies and Superman outright admitted Bizarro is stronger.

I remember that, yeah.

What abhi and others from the Superteam think about it?

It has been said on panel that Black Adam is stronger.

When?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:48 AM
DarkSaint85

Superman and Bizarro traded bodies and Superman outright admitted Bizarro is stronger. It has been said on panel that Black Adam is stronger.

thumb up used in my famous BZ win over Lob too.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 10:54 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I remember that, yeah.

What abhi and others from the Superteam think about it?

When?

I dont have the scan handy but some Apocalyptian type creatures said Black Adam is stronger than Superman during some type of power reading. During the time this was said, Superman was not at full power due to kryptonite poison (I think) but their statement seemed (imo) to be based primarily on the overall powerset than their current powerset during that time and they had no knowledge of Superman being weakened (and I'm sure that wasnt the writer intention).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 11:01 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I dont have the scan handy but some Apocalyptian type creatures said Black Adam is stronger than Superman during some type of power reading. During the time this was said, Superman was not at full power due to kryptonite poison (I think) but their statement seemed (imo) to be based primarily on the overall powerset than their current powerset during that time and they had no knowledge of Superman being weakened (and I'm sure that wasnt the writer intention).

Thought you meant that.

Weren't they referring to their overall power level, though? This thread is limited to just strength.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 11:02 AM
Pillow Biter

The fact that people point to a single showing and reason that if it is definitive or explicit enough it 'proves' anything shows their inexperience.

Yes, it was said that Black Adam was stronger than Superman by one writer in a comic--through a character, but we have little reason to doubt the character was expressing the writer's opinion. But that is not definitive--it's one opinion. Nor would it be definitive if there were direct statements showing Superman was stronger than Adam. There's still a ton of other evidence on both sides of the argument, and there's no one decisive piece. You have to take it all in and do your honest best to see which side of the debate the preponderance of the best evidence lies on.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 01:21 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
The fact that people point to a single showing and reason that if it is definitive or explicit enough it 'proves' anything shows their inexperience.

Yes, it was said that Black Adam was stronger than Superman by one writer in a comic--through a character, but we have little reason to doubt the character was expressing the writer's opinion. But that is not definitive--it's one opinion. Nor would it be definitive if there were direct statements showing Superman was stronger than Adam. There's still a ton of other evidence on both sides of the argument, and there's no one decisive piece. You have to take it all in and do your honest best to see which side of the debate the preponderance of the best evidence lies on.

Bravo. glad someone understands this statement thing. i never gave much weight to statements and bios. feats speak louder.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 01:34 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Pillow Biter

How about this then...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+3.png

Grapple strength to strength and Adam slings him off of him.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...perman-1557517/

Superman admits that Adam has made it impossible for Super to move him out of the center of the city.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+5.png

Adam was trying to talk him down the entire fight.

@Stilt...

I agree with you.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 02:02 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How about this then...

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...perman-1557517/

Superman admits that Adam has made it impossible for Super to move him out of the center of the city.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+5.png

Adam was trying to talk him down the entire fight.

@Stilt...

I agree with you.

How does any of that prove Adam is stronger when Superman was shown as holding back?

Not to mention that was an abnormally high showing for Adam and the writer even admitted that she wrote Adam as stronger than Captain Marvel while Adam is explicitly equal to Cap otherwise.

If anything that shows Superman being stronger than regular Black Adam.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 02:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by abhilegend
she wrote Adam

"She"?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 02:19 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

How about this then...

Are you blind?

Superman wasn't even grabbing him. You can see Adam grab Superman's wrists and then throw him up.

Check that first panel again. Maybe make a red circle around their hands, too.

If you really wanted to use something, you should have used here, where they're grabbing eachother's hands, and Superman is the one who overpowers and punches him:

https://i.imgur.com/DigJc4e.jpg

Oh, wait...

"She"?

Gail Simone.

She thinks Black Adam is stronger than Captain Marvel.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 15th, 2018 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 02:26 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
How does any of that prove Adam is stronger when Superman was shown as holding back?

Not to mention that was an abnormally high showing for Adam and the writer even admitted that she wrote Adam as stronger than Captain Marvel while Adam is explicitly equal to Cap otherwise.

If anything that shows Superman being stronger than regular Black Adam.

Lol at Superman holding back during that scene. Why would he even mention not being able to move Adam from the center of the city if he wasnt trying?

Adam have better showings tbh.

Lol... so an angry Superman being unable to do anything to a passive Adam proves that Superman is stronger?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:54 PM