KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman is 100% in strength

If Superman is 100% in strength
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

@Phil...

Lol, he still had to over power him. No matter how you try to twist this showing, he physically overpowered Superman during that showing.

Lol..look at the position they are in, in your scan. That's all Superman had to do was snatch his hand away from Adam and punch him are you proud of that showing?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 03:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anexternally influencd and angrier than normal holding back Superman matched a high end above top tier portrayal of Black Adam who played on his honor to avoid an all out level punch.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:07 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by panthergod
Anexternally influencd and angrier than normal holding back Superman matched a high end above top tier portrayal of Black Adam who played on his honor to avoid an all out level punch.

When?

Superman was getting smacked around, and even explictly stated he didn't held back

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:12 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by carver9
Lol, he still had to over power him. No matter how you try to twist this showing, he physically overpowered Superman during that showing.
No, he didn't. You're blind and I caught you in a lie. *pats carver on the head*

The moment Superman was about to end it, Black Adam turned his back on him, knowing he's a good guy.

Lol..look at the position they are in, in your scan. That's all Superman had to do was snatch his hand away from Adam and punch him are you proud of that showing?
Ah, you got the special carver edition, with the extra-inserted panels?

Black Adam has Superman's fist in his hand, and the next panel that same fist is approaching his face:
https://imgur.com/DigJc4e

Oh, I get it. I have to draw red lines, no?

Superman, perhaps, even went to beat up Hulk, right between those actions. Anything is possible in carverland!

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 15th, 2018 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 04:53 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Phil...

You have to be either just as strong or stronger to throw someone off of you like that. I can not see Colossus replicating that showing, can you? It was a test of strength.

Adam ended the fight because Superman was being manipulated, not because Superman could've defeated him. Remember, Superman was the one that admitted he couldnt move Adam out of the city, it wasnt the other way around. Then we have Adam just standing there allowing Superman to heat vision him...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+6.png

Lol... he even SIGHS and stands there and basically ask Superman to get his heat vision out of the way. Just get it over with. Lol... he was toying with Superman... the same Superman who admits he cant move Adam out of the city.

Stand down Superman...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+1.png

I am innocent, I will not tell you again...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+3.png

Yield Alien, you've been deceived...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+5.png

He then tells Superman after this that he regret what come to pass with this... its freaking hilarious because if anyone was holding back TREMENDOUSLY, it was Adam and Superman still couldnt move him while at the same time admitting fighting against Adam, he doesnt have to pull his punches.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

@Phil...

You have to be either just as strong or stronger to throw someone off of you like that. I can not see Colossus replicating that showing, can you? It was a test of strength.

Have you ever heard of Aikido or Judo? The whole idea of martial arts is to do just that.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:18 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Faceless808
Have you ever heard of Aikido or Judo? The whole idea of martial arts is to do just that.

Aaahhhh, so Adam knows martial arts?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:31 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

lmao a holding back Adam toying and knocking around Superman. but yet guys still wanna compare supes to Hulk hahaha hilarious

I don't think someone who's a "peer" to darkseid should be struggling with someone like adam

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:38 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

@Phil...

You said they 'grappled strength to strength, which is wrong. Black Adam grabbed Superman's wrists and yanked him away. That doesn't require superior strength, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever grappled with somebody?

An actual push-to-push strength contest is what I showed you.

Adam ended the fight because Superman was being manipulated, not because Superman could've defeated him. Remember, Superman was the one that admitted he couldnt move Adam out of the city, it wasnt the other way around. Then we have Adam just standing there allowing Superman to heat vision him...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+6.png

Lol... he even SIGHS and stands there and basically ask Superman to get his heat vision out of the way. Just get it over with. Lol... he was toying with Superman... the same Superman who admits he cant move Adam out of the city.

Stand down Superman...

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+1.png

I am innocent, I will not tell you again...

Yield Alien, you've been deceived...

He then tells Superman after this that he regret what come to pass with this... its freaking hilarious because if anyone was holding back TREMENDOUSLY, it was Adam and Superman still couldnt move him while at the same time admitting fighting against Adam, he doesnt have to pull his punches.

Superman first tried to move him out of town. Once he saw that Black Adam doesn't want to leave, he decided to "end it fast". At that point, Superman realized that he has to beat him down. Black Adam took a risk, by his own admission, that Superman wouldn't punch him with a strike that would shatter a moon:
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+7.png
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+8.png
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+9.png

At no point Black Adam showed physical superiority. Superman showed it once, and Black Adam took a risk in Superman not hitting a non-fighting opponent.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:42 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lol at Superman holding back during that scene. Why would he even mention not being able to move Adam from the center of the city if he wasnt trying?

Adam have better showings tbh.

Lol... so an angry Superman being unable to do anything to a passive Adam proves that Superman is stronger?

Superman was literally shown going all out at the end of the fight and about to push Adam's shit in. That has been shown to you time and again.

Yes, it was. Even there Adam showed no strength advantage over a holding back Superman.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 05:50 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman was literally shown going all out at the end of the fight and about to push Adam's shit in. That has been shown to you time and again.

Yes, it was. Even there Adam showed no strength advantage over a holding back Superman.

So he was going all out at the "end" of the fight? In the middle and the beginning, he was holding back. Even though he said that he always worry about breaking people bones when fighting them but not having to worry about that when fighting Adam. Even though he said he cant move Adam out of the heart of the city, he was still holding back? What sense does that make? Why even bring up these things if you are holding back? Excuses. All I am reading are excuses. The only time Superman fans say Superman is going all out is when he is either winning or dominating a fight. If things are at a split, he is always holding back.

If anyone was holding back, it was Adam and Superman being incapable of moving Adam out of the city and getting tossed shows a strength advantage. Especially when your opponent is holding back and is trying to reason with you while you're on a rampaging punch and heat vision fest.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 07:35 PM
carver9

@Phil...

So Colossus can grab Superman wrist and toss him against his will?

Lol...Superman during the beginning of the fight already said he was tricked off, while blitz punching Adam in the chest. An Adam who wasnt even looking at him.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+2.png

I guess Superman is the exceptional. When he is pissed off, he doesnt try to drop his opponent (sigh).
This is crazy. Here we have Superman blitzing Adam admitting he is trying to push him out of the city and he fails at budging him...

Lol... Adam force him back to earth.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...+superman+4.png

He said he was going to end it fast here and Adam withstood his heatvision without a scratch.

I honestly dont know how much evidence you need tbh. Adam words are an indication of him holding back and his action... hell, the way he was fighting as well.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 07:44 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So he was going all out at the "end" of the fight? In the middle and the beginning, he was holding back. Even though he said that he always worry about breaking people bones when fighting them but not having to worry about that when fighting Adam. Even though he said he cant move Adam out of the heart of the city, he was still holding back? What sense does that make? Why even bring up these things if you are holding back? Excuses. All I am reading are excuses. The only time Superman fans say Superman is going all out is when he is either winning or dominating a fight. If things are at a split, he is always holding back.

If anyone was holding back, it was Adam and Superman being incapable of moving Adam out of the city and getting tossed shows a strength advantage. Especially when your opponent is holding back and is trying to reason with you while you're on a rampaging punch and heat vision fest.

Yes, he was holding back. Unless you can go all out while already going all out that is.

Rest of your random gibberish? GTFO, this has been done to you literally hundreds of times.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 08:16 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Aaahhhh, so Adam knows martial arts?

You really like playing games, don't you, Carver? You stated, "You have to be either just as strong or stronger to throw someone off of you like that." And I showed you that your statement was wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:22 AM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

You really like playing games, don't you, Carver? You stated, "You have to be either just as strong or stronger to throw someone off of you like that." And I showed you that your statement was wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

But that's YOU ASSUMING, idk why you're applying "Oh well in martial arts they can do that" to a comic which never suggested it

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:28 AM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

unless you think black adam knows tae kwan do now

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 12:29 AM
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, he was holding back. Unless you can go all out while already going all out that is.

Rest of your random gibberish? GTFO, this has been done to you literally hundreds of times.

He wasnt holding back.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 01:58 AM
carver9

I was mentioning that about the scene I posted, not about MMA fighters.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 01:59 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He wasnt holding back.

Yes, he was. Ignoring the same thing for a decade won't change that carter.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 03:08 AM
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Carver, I really hope you are only playing dumb. I really do. You don't need to know martial arts to do something like that. It's called leverage. It's catching someone off guard. it's using your opponents weight and momentum against himself. I see it demonstrated in comics all the time. Remember when Ironman flipped Namor at Puget Sound when he was about to rip off his face plate? Guess what?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 03:31 AM