KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Super Skrull vs. Superman

Super Skrull vs. Superman
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
He actually did. More then once.

To Black, to knock out his powers. To Lex, to remove some memories.

He totally never ever should have, but it happened.

He didn't pierce Black's brain with his HV.

Black had a commotion when Superman hit him.

He bluffed with the HV.

When did he do that to Lex ?

Do you have a scan ?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 11:36 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

He still tampered with Blacks brain. Surgically precise damage, or "bruising", as he called it.

Either Imperiex Saga possibly when Black took over a city of villains for Lex. He yelled at Superman for forgetting to hide the scars from the hv lobotomy, and Superman didn't deny doing it (So it wasn't Black who did it.)

I'll see about getting a scan.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Super Skrull speedblitzes him.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 01:24 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

He still tampered with Blacks brain. Surgically precise damage, or "bruising", as he called it.

Either Imperiex Saga possibly when Black took over a city of villains for Lex. He yelled at Superman for forgetting to hide the scars from the hv lobotomy, and Superman didn't deny doing it (So it wasn't Black who did it.)

I'll see about getting a scan.

Superman didn't lobotomy Black. He simply hit him with a backhand which did a commotion.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 01:29 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

If Superman is serious (at the top of his game, IE. no amps), which is what these versus threads are all about.

There is absolutely nothing that the Super Skrull could do to stop him.

He would be able to sense him, fast enough to react to any of his powers, and tough enough to resist most if not all of his powers.

Superman should be able end this in seconds.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:07 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
If Superman is serious (at the top of his game, IE. no amps), which is what these versus threads are all about.

There is absolutely nothing that the Super Skrull could do to stop him.

He would be able to sense him, fast enough to react to any of his powers, and tough enough to resist most if not all of his powers.

Superman should be able end this in seconds.

But the Super Skrull is playing under the same rules.

He could simply use a force field to protect himself, be invisible and expand a force field inside Superman's head, killing him instantly.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:10 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Superman didn't lobotomy Black. He simply hit him with a backhand which did a commotion.

Superman hit him AFTER nullifying his powers.

Prior to that, Superman was just standing there, as Black tried to kill him.

The HV is what caused the "focused concussion". He never needed to hit him, he was just rubbing salt in the wound (Or being a dick, either way.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

But the Super Skrull is playing under the same rules.

He could simply use a force field to protect himself, be invisible and expand a force field inside Superman's head, killing him instantly.

Since Superman has moved multiple times faster than light on panel, this would mean that he is multiple times faster than his HV. You see where I'm going with this? In other words, Super Skrull would need a target to lock onto in order to use his abilities. Unless Superman purposely stood there gloating like Zod would do, I don't see SS ever winning against a Superman that did not want to lose.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:23 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The HV is what caused the "focused concussion". He never needed to hit him, he was just rubbing salt in the wound (Or being a dick, either way.)

Superman said that he "pop [him]"...

It's not possible to go literally through the retina with a laser without destroying the function of the eye neither.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:34 PM
DarkSaint85

Superman has used HV for brain surgery before.

Edit: or at least, skull surgery,lol.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up

What just happened?

Heh.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:54 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Superman said that he "pop [him]"...

It's not possible to go literally through the retina with a laser without destroying the function of the eye neither.

laughing

Using real life logic to deny a comic book characters feat! ****ing outstanding! laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:54 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Superman has used HV for brain surgery before.

Edit: or at least, skull surgery,lol.

Well that's not exactly the same.

By the way I've read Action Comics #775 again.

It seems that the use of the HV surgery seems correct, considering that Manchester Black seems to lose the use of his powers after Superman uses HV and then hit MB...

However that looks shit-writing...

A laser can't go through the retina and let the tissues around intact, no matter how precise the laser is...

The power inputed should be enough to destroy the tissues around and destroy the eye which will go blind.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:55 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
laughing

Using real life logic to deny a comic book characters feat! ****ing outstanding! laughing

Nah.

I thought that Superman hit Manchester Black first and then bluffed the use of the HV.

My bad.

I've read the issue again so I can't deny it.

By the way I don't see how it's "real life logic"... That's just logic at that point.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 12:57 PM
SquallX

Nah.

I thought that Superman hit Manchester Black first and then bluffed the use of the HV.

My bad.

I've read the issue again so I can't deny it.

By the way I don't see how it's "real life logic"... That's just logic at that point.

Logics in comics, or fictions in general should be taken with a grain of salt.

For instance in LOTR series, Tolkien was so in love with the Elves he created, he even wrote a part that said, the Elves are so stealthy, they leave no footprints, even in snow.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 01:05 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Lasik eye surgery WTF?!?

I miss some funny ass shit due to the ignore feature. laughing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 01:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
Logics in comics, or fictions in general should be taken with a grain of salt.

For instance in LOTR series, Tolkien was so in love with the Elves he created, he even wrote a part that said, the Elves are so stealthy, they leave no footprints, even in snow.

I agree with you on that.

Originally posted by riv6672
Lasik eye surgery WTF?!?

I miss some funny ass shit due to the ignore feature. laughing

I made a simple comparison.

I understand that's "funny ass shit" to you, due to your "lack of imagination".

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 01:39 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

What is absolutely hilarious about your post is the following:

You mention that it’s not possible to go through a retina with a laser without destroying the function of the eye. That is correct.
However, while factual, we are discussing one being that can shoot fire from their eyes, fly, and a bunch other things fighting another being that can stretch, make ‘invisible bubbles,’ can turn into fire, and into living rock.

I find it funny to discuss how retinas cannot survive laser beams (with an accompanying picture of the human eye) in a thread with super stretchy rock-fire types fighting aliens wearing their underwear outside their pants.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 03:10 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by spetznaz
What is absolutely hilarious about your post is the following:

You mention that it’s not possible to go through a retina with a laser without destroying the function of the eye. That is correct.
However, while factual, we are discussing one being that can shoot fire from their eyes, fly, and a bunch other things fighting another being that can stretch, make ‘invisible bubbles,’ can turn into fire, and into living rock.

I find it funny to discuss how retinas cannot survive laser beams (with an accompanying picture of the human eye) in a thread with super stretchy rock-fire types fighting aliens wearing their underwear outside their pants.

I understand your point but Manchester Black is supposed to be a simple human with a psionic powers...

He has nothing to recover from this kind of eye injury neither...

He has no healing factor or anything like that.

The logic goes both ways.

Superman bringing a new utilisation of his X-rays to damage or disrupt the function of the brain cells would have make more sense.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 03:14 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supermans HV can agitate molecules from within.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 03:19 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote