KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kurse vs. Wonder Woman

Kurse vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kurse vs. Wonder Woman

Round 1: Pure Unarmed combat

Round 2: Diana gets her gear

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 06:50 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'm wondering how Kurse ever gets a chance to hit someone of Diana's skill level alone, without even taking her speed into consideration?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 08:01 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

We're talking about the Kurse that Beyonder amped twice right? He kills her in either scenario.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 09:51 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^pretty much.
This is a fight not a keep away contest.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 08:32 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
We're talking about the Kurse that Beyonder amped twice right? He kills her in either scenario.

No he doesn't. If WW can see bullets and energy beams in slow motion then Kurse would be a statue like in Metroman.

Diana would have all the time in the world to put him down.

With her gear then this is spite.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 10:04 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Diana

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 02:32 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by h1a8
No he doesn't. If WW can see bullets and energy beams in slow motion then Kurse would be a statue like in Metroman.

Diana would have all the time in the world to put him down.

With her gear then this is spite.

If the Flash were being debated, you might have a point. thumb up

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 03:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by riv6672

This is a fight not a keep away contest.

I must have seen the name "Kurse" a half dozen or even a full dozen times over the years. Not once can I recall having actually seen an image of this guy, let alone Kurse actually fighting someone.

Today I decided to do something about it.

Summary of discovery, I am left underwhelmed.
Wonder Woman under John Byrne dished out more than what put this guy down the first time; I'm not seeing where all but the most fragile versions of Rebirth or perhaps George Perez versions of Wondy fail in any fight between these 2 taking place on DC or Marvel Earth. I'll show the SECOND time Kurse was put down first, though, 'cause that's what's at my fingertips at the moment:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Thor #363

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 09:22 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

If TurboImageHost is working today
(something actually in doubt, 'cause it wasn't working late last night),
then you saw reference to Kurse's previous fight that day, which occurred in Power Pack 18.

Here's that fight:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Power Pack #18

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 09:35 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

The original poster (OP) of this thread gave 2 fight scenario.

For the sake of argument, I'll give the first fight scenario to Kurse, not because I actually believe Kurse would win, but because the intent seems to be to get the question of whether Wonder Woman has the grappling skill to overcome a stronger opponent. I don't really think Rebirth Wonder Woman has demonstrated enough to justify that line of thinking.

The 2nd scenario, however, has Wonder Woman presumably as she normally is, with her tiara bracers and lasso, minimum, and perhaps her sword and shield.

I think, examining Power Pack #18, that Diana wins this more standard format of fight. Note that even in the 1990s under Byrne she faced essentially the same type of opponent:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 09:59 AM
riv6672

Well, your scans worked beautifully, and served to illustrate your position on each scenario.
That was a pleasure!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:02 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carthage
Round 1: Pure Unarmed combat

Round 2: Diana gets her gear

Who wins

Kurse

Depends on her gear

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:06 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Well, your scans worked beautifully, and served to illustrate your position on each scenario.
That was a pleasure!

sad

I-I wasn't even finished yet ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Wonder Woman #105, Volume 2
Circa: 1995

While I hope you and others genuinely ARE enjoying my recent posts
(I seriously am not recalling ever seeing Kurse in actual comic book action anywhere on KMC before),
I was going to say that, judging by what actually put Kurse down for a 10 count, even Byrne Wonder Woman demonstrated the ability to score a Round 2 knockout ...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:16 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

I was going to say that, judging by what actually put Kurse down for a 10 count, even Byrne Wonder Woman demonstrated the ability to score a Round 2 knockout ...

did you look at the scans you posted?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:49 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
sad

I-I wasn't even finished yet...

While I hope you and others genuinely ARE enjoying my recent posts
(I seriously am not recalling ever seeing Kurse in actual comic book action anywhere on KMC before),

Cant speak for others; i enjoy your scans.
I still believe Kurse has the advantage in these fights, but that doesnt mean i cant admire how you went out of your way to put your argument together.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 10:56 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm wondering how Kurse ever gets a chance to hit someone of Diana's skill level alone, without even taking her speed into consideration?

I'm wondering that AND why a being felled by a collapsing building is thought beyond even Rebirth Wonder Woman, who demonstrated strength and skill enough to multitask even WHILE supporting a building :

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Wonder Woman #38 (rebirth era)
Circa: 2017

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 11:51 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Sin I AM
did you look at the scans you posted?

Yes, and I've been struck by how cyclical in nature DC actually is in terms of storylines, ideas, and imagery.

Note that the dark gods of 2018, or at least the one on the cover of Wonder Woman #48, echoes the action and appearance of the great mechanical warrior of Wonder Woman #105, Volume 2, shown just a few posts earlier:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Note also that, besides similar appearance, the way the antagonist is dealt with, BatteFieldRemoval (BFR) into the nearest ocean ...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

... was virtually the same 20+ years ago:

(please log in to view the image)

I suspect more than sea-dunking will be required to give us a full conclusion to the story of our present monolith warriors, however ...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:05 PM
bluewaterrider

Cant speak for others; i enjoy your scans.
I still believe Kurse has the advantage in these fights, but that doesnt mean i cant admire how you went out of your way to put your argument together.

Hey, thanks, man.
Much appreciated.

Now, of course, I disagree with your conclusion, given how Diana in recent years has handled Kurse-like proxies in the DCU:

(please log in to view the image)

Source: Justice League #47

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Wonder Woman #47 (series begun in 2016)
Circa: May 2018

... but I certainly won't let that get in the way of your compliments!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:33 PM
Pillow Biter

If one thinks Diana wins, how do you think she wins? Do you think she is much stronger than Thor? Her skill wins it? Super speed?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:47 PM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

One thing to take into account, bwrider, is that Kurse is weakened by iron, which is a contributory factor to the building collapsing on him taking him out.

Not comparable to WW supporting a building.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote