KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU Surtur vs. Wonder Woman/Superman/Doomsday

MCU Surtur vs. Wonder Woman/Superman/Doomsday
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU Surtur vs. Wonder Woman/Superman/Doomsday

Diana has her gear
JL Superman

No BFR

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 10:41 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

DCEU cant defeat him but I honestly dont know how Surtur hits these guys as he is not exactly fast being as large as he is.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 11:56 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
DCEU cant defeat him but I honestly dont know how Surtur hits these guys as he is not exactly fast being as large as he is.

Surtur flamethrower's them with his sword just like he did to Thor.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:18 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Surtur flamethrower's them with his sword just like he did to Thor.

The weakened Surtur who was casually destroyed by Thor?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:52 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Wonder Woman and Superman have been hit multiple times by non-superspeed attacks. the idea that Surtur will never hit either of them is laughable.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:57 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
The weakened Surtur who was casually destroyed by Thor?

No....Asgard Surtur...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:59 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by Silent Master
Wonder Woman and Superman have been hit multiple times by non-superspeed attacks. the idea that Surtur will never hit either of them is laughable.

What was JL Superman tagged by. The headbutt from WW where he was holding onto her? I guess he did get hit by one of Cyborgs blasts.

If Superman is flying and fighting smart. He should never be able to get hit by Surtur swinging a giant sword around. Superman couldnt beat him though and if he does get hit somehow, he would lose.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 01:07 AM
Silent Master

Seeing as you've just admitted Superman has been hit by non-superspeed attacks, why would I need to provide more examples?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 01:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

The fact that Surtur can move his 4 km tall self in a way that resembles a human in any way, means that he's capable of moving his limbs and his sword at supersonic speed, in fact, we see him do it.

He's also has the aoe attack that he used to destroy Asgard's surface before blowing himself up.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 01:55 AM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yep, people often get fooled by the apparent "slow" speed of giant characters, without taking into consideration scale and distance. For giant Surtur to fully extend his arm, his arm has to travel a MUCH, MUCH larger distance than a normal human arm would have to. Yet he can cover the distance in almost the same time as a human can (which, in turn, means he can cover the length of a human arm in a fraction of the time it takes a human). So, his arm is actually moving way faster than a human arm when he is extending it. He looks slow relative to his size, but he isn't actually slow relative to other things.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 02:21 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Surtur can solo the dceu.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 12:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
Surtur can solo the dceu.
Yah, Superman was ko'd by a Nuc. Surtur can just destroy the whole battle planet they're on and boom, Dead team (dead Surtur too but still)

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 01:22 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Superman was ko'd by a Nuc. Surtur can just destroy the whole battle planet they're on and boom, Dead team (dead Surtur too but still)

That wouldnt work. We know Superman can survive in Space. Unless he couldnt escape quick enough.

I want to make it clear, I do not think the team can win. If Surtur hits them, they lose.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 05:04 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yep, people often get fooled by the apparent "slow" speed of giant characters, without taking into consideration scale and distance. For giant Surtur to fully extend his arm, his arm has to travel a MUCH, MUCH larger distance than a normal human arm would have to. Yet he can cover the distance in almost the same time as a human can (which, in turn, means he can cover the length of a human arm in a fraction of the time it takes a human). So, his arm is actually moving way faster than a human arm when he is extending it. He looks slow relative to his size, but he isn't actually slow relative to other things.
It's less that Surtur is slow and more that Surtur is considerably slower than Superman, given how he makes Diana look like a statue and canonically has reflexes that are equal to his flight speed (which is massively hypersonic, in the quadruple digit mach range at least).

The problem with using Surtur in threads is that his durability is relatively unknown, with his best durability feat falling well below his best destruction feat (which apparently killed him too?).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 04:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

We see Surtur withstand the Hulk’s punches easily and tank Hela’s Giant weapons. Stop. Your bias is nauseating.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 02:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote