KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Flash vs Graviton

Flash vs Graviton
Started by: Baziemarc123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Except all the claims have scans behind them.

I mean, if we want, I could show how when he was dying against Amazo, he resorted to speed steal, which is .... exactly what I'm envisaging?

Pis isn't used in forums.

Imagine you had a snail attacking you with a knife. Imagine it somehow was allowed to get up close to you. Now imagine it's slowly pushing a knife into you.....the moment it got too painful,you'd move out of the way, no? I mean, assuming you even let it build to that point.

Yet, in a comic, somehow, on a consistent basis, that snail would be stabbing away. And you'd be getting stabbed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Except all the claims have scans behind them.

I mean, if we want, I could show how when he was dying against Amazo, he resorted to speed steal, which is .... exactly what I'm envisaging?

Pis isn't used in forums.

Imagine you had a snail attacking you with a knife. Imagine it somehow was allowed to get up close to you. Now imagine it's slowly pushing a knife into you.....the moment it got too painful,you'd move out of the way, no? I mean, assuming you even let it build to that point.

Yet, in a comic, somehow, on a consistent basis, that snail would be stabbing away. And you'd be getting stabbed.

I have read every Flash appearance since Barry's death in CoIE. I was defending Wally before being a Flash fan was popular.

This isn't about PIS. This is about actually knowing the characters? For example, I am assuming this Barry (The current Flash), speed stealing and SF manipulation is something Wally is far more proficient at. It does say PC (Which means Wally technically, but who knows.)

Or people saying he can run in space or air. I'm mad at myself for making that argument a decade ago. In retrospect, I was being too zealous. There are maybe 2/3 scenes that imply that he can, and about 200 that he can't?

Regardless, you can think of them as self-imposed limitations, mental blocks if you will. Or the limits of the SF. For every 1 high end feat, there is literally 5 more from the same writer that disproves the notion he wins easily, or even that he wins at all.

Graviton is especially a rogue that would give Flash hell due to the nature of his power set. I think this would be an interesting match up. Maybe speed blitz for the initial win if Iris or Linda is in mortal danger. Otherwise Graviton imo.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:25 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flash will not pierce Graviton's shields.

(please log in to view the image)

Barry struggled like a crazy against Tangent Superman's TK-shields:

Graviton should win handily.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:30 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Flash will not pierce Graviton's shields.

Barry struggled like a crazy against Tangent Superman's TK-shields:

Graviton should win handily.

i don't know about tanget superman, is his abiltiies in relation to graviton?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:33 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
i don't know about tanget superman, is his abiltiies in relation to graviton?

Not really.

He has telepathic and telekinetic abilities.

However comparing the effect of the shields works, or the gravitic powers to the TK when a force is exerted.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:36 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I have read every Flash appearance since Barry's death in CoIE. I was defending Wally before being a Flash fan was popular.

This isn't about PIS. This is about actually knowing the characters? For example, I am assuming this Barry (The current Flash), speed stealing and SF manipulation is something Wally is far more proficient at. It does say PC (Which means Wally technically, but who knows.)

Or people saying he can run in space or air. I'm mad at myself for making that argument a decade ago. In retrospect, I was being too zealous. There are maybe 2/3 scenes that imply that he can, and about 200 that he can't?

Regardless, you can think of them as self-imposed limitations, mental blocks if you will. Or the limits of the SF. For every 1 high end feat, there is literally 5 more from the same writer that disproves the notion he wins easily, or even that he wins at all.

Graviton is especially a rogue that would give Flash hell due to the nature of his power set. I think this would be an interesting match up. Maybe speed blitz for the initial win if Iris or Linda is in mortal danger. Otherwise Graviton imo.

I was assuming post Crisis to mean Wally, tbh. Not Barry (hence my scans being Wally centric)

With regards to the limitations of the SF, it can't be that as every (ok, maybe 90%, as I cannot be 100% sure) showing has shown it to be infinite in nature, or close enough in all intents and purposes.

With regards to the mindset, it's a bit like the Orion/Annihilators thread. You assumed they fought competently as a team, with a good use of their abilities - which is perfectly fine, and I agree with that. Ikon specifically said she beat them due to her using their mental blocks against them, but in a forum thread, we assume they're not idiots/are actually serious about fighting.

Fair enough.

In this thread, Wally is also serious about fighting. So is Graviton, obv.

But a serious Flash would be doing....well, the only thing he can, lol. Or at least, the attack he uses in 90% of his fights. I'm not arguing he burns Gravitons eyes out, or turns his blood into steam, or magnetises him, or blows him up - even though I DO have comic scans of him doing all this.

Match starts, he either punches if he wants to get physical, or speedsteals if not. No prep means no shield for Graviton, or no crushing etc.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good luck at surprising Graviton.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 04:43 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
how would speed steal beat someone that controls the Density of the Gravity?

Same way he stole speed from a planet.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 05:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Graviton wins 8/10 times.

That doesn't mean Graviton would be unable to affect Flash or gravity has no limitations on him. SF allows him to counter the laws of physics, but it does not mean he is beyond them, he isn't. Especially in that era (I don't remember if that scan is before he transcended or before but it's close to the time period).

Flash being able to KO Graviton before he can react in a picosecond is only a little less likely than Graviton turning the Flash into paste instantly with his gravity.

I swear, some of these scenarios/claims...they are the exact opposite of what someone who consistently reads the Flash would actually claim.

meh, my post was a bit tongue in cheek and was made in regards to what felt like a bait thread.

the sf definitely means he CAN be beyond the laws of physics--well beyond in fact. he routinely defies gravity going up buildings and running over vast bodies of water. the speed force cancels friction and lets him routinely break the speed of light and break the time barrier. i mean here he even grabbed a singularity and survived the gravity in a black hole:

https://imgur.com/a/1XQrcvF

hard to defy physics more than that. but sure, there is more pis in flash than any other comic so of course he doesn't operate at attosecond levels all the time. but without pis, there is no reason at all he can't and wouldn't end it instantly. that's why no one argues flash. graviton would need to use his powers at their max from nearly the get go to have a chance in this. maybe he would. but even if we remove pis he doesn't go around creating black holes with his power. without pis though flash kills him before his neurons can fire. /shrug

Last edited by leonidas on Jun 20th, 2018 at 07:06 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 07:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

flash easily

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 10:57 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Graviton wins every single time. Flash sucks in comics and I am not going to give him the benefit or the doubt here.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:40 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol yeah, why bother using the forum rules to try and determine a winner.... thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:50 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Flash receive wins against people he doesnt suppose to because people debate primarily off of powerset. I can post scans of elites standing in one spot tanking his punches without a scratch. This is why I will always say Flash is the most overestimated character on KMC.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:28 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Lol I can think of a few more overly estimated characters that get wanked here more than Flash.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:54 AM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Flash.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 02:12 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Faceless808
Lol I can think of a few more overly estimated characters that get wanked here more than Flash.

The characters that you can think of, do they budge people outside of their tier? That's the difference here. I can understand people over estimating Superman, Thor, Hulk and Surfer because they have showings that can sometimes justify them being placed in a certain tier and beings, no matter how powerful, isnt standing in one spot tanking some of these people attacks. It just doesnt happen. Now, if someone were to try to post anything going against what I am saying, lol, the scan they will post is Flash best high and that's against Antimonitor. Not enough to justify him taking on Odin, Galactus, pulling a majority against Surfer, Orion, Thor, etc... especially when 95% of the time, he is fodder.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 02:14 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Flash receive wins against people he doesnt suppose to because people debate primarily off of powerset. I can post scans of elites standing in one spot tanking his punches without a scratch. This is why I will always say Flash is the most overestimated character on KMC.

Even if we debate the power-sets, Graviton wins. ^^

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 05:31 AM
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Originally posted by carver9
The characters that you can think of, do they budge people outside of their tier? That's the difference here. I can understand people over estimating Superman, Thor, Hulk and Surfer because they have showings that can sometimes justify them being placed in a certain tier and beings, no matter how powerful, isnt standing in one spot tanking some of these people attacks. It just doesnt happen. Now, if someone were to try to post anything going against what I am saying, lol, the scan they will post is Flash best high and that's against Antimonitor. Not enough to justify him taking on Odin, Galactus, pulling a majority against Surfer, Orion, Thor, etc... especially when 95% of the time, he is fodder.

Why is it so hard to give Flash credibilty? Because he is not powerful in the traditional sense? Because all he does is run? Flash's connection with the Speed Force does allow him to do things no one else can. Speed steal, IMP, time travel. Certainly enough to put him in the Herald tier. And since when is it a criteria for a herald to be able to take on Odin and Galactus? Or pulling a majority agaisnt high heralds like Surfer, Orion, or Thor? NOt many characters make that list. And him being fodder 95% of the time really fits in with his popularity right now. He has a lot more feats than just the one against Antimonitor. You might not like them, but they are there. At one time, he was considered one of the three most powerful members of the JLA, along with Hal Jordan and Superman.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Last edited by Faceless808 on Jun 21st, 2018 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 06:29 AM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I see this a lot, so let's see how a Flash fights, IF we are arguing powerset....

Bell rings, he clones himself:

Some clones will burn Graviton's eyes out:

Some will boil his blood (70% water!):

Some willthen make him explode:

By making him overload with infinite energy:

Others will distract him with lightspeed missiles:

Before throwing him into the Speed Force:

Whilst using afterimages to fool Graviton:
https://s5.postimg.cc/6qqi5ues7/afterim.jpg
https://s5.postimg.cc/jw60by8nr/afterim2.jpg

And dumping any metal for miles around on him:
https://s5.postimg.cc/wrilcgdav/elctromag2.jpg

And this will all take place within a picosecond:

Because remember, Flashes move faster than thought!:

THAT is Flash arguing, using pure powersets.

Or, OTOH, he runs really fast and punches Graviton before he can react.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:03 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What I learned from this thread is that Graviton wins when Flash just stands there , looking stupid.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 07:09 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote