KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rey is Learning...

Rey is Learning...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rey is Learning...

Probably not worth an entire thread, but figured I may as well post this little tidbit regardless...

Rey is having 3P0 translate the old Jedi texts for her:

(please log in to view the image)
*This is set a few hours after the events of TLJ.

IOW, the bulk of Rey's knowledge in the force will stem from some of the most ancient teachings possible.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2018 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

K, nothing really interesting or new but...eh? Guess we'll see what comes out of this next movie.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh I think it is very interesting, actually, given Rey's potential.

Essentially, her Jedi 'fundamentals' are comings from some of the most ancient sources in existence. She could potentially learn things that have been lost for generations... Or at the very least she's learning from sources that are presumably more 'raw' in their teachings. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2018 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

What if C3P0 becomes ultra powerful from reading and understanding the texts instead?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:03 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Then these films would become a LOT more interesting. thumb up

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:04 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Artwork looks nice

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Wait, wait, wait, wait. So they're written in a language that Rey can't read? This might be because she's uneducated, but then she's also surprised that threepio can read them. And he says they're written strangely. So...did Luke ever try to read them? Could he? Could anyone? Yoda seems to know what was in them, but how many jedi knew about it?

And you know, originally, I'd just thought, cause of Yoda's comments, that those books were basic knowledge, since, you know, knowledge tends ot grow over time. But now that you've mentioned it, they were in the unknown regions, and they were ancient, like the knowledge Palpatine was after, Luke studied when shifting away from the jedi order, and Snoke knew of. And the "prime jedi" was also on Ahch-To, in the unknown regions, which we're told is the origin of the force. I'm interested now. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Rey's education has nothing to do with her inability to read the book. It is written in an ancient(and I mean ancient) dialect. Frankly, I'm surprised that even 3P0 can [albeit loosely] decipher it. /shrug

Regarding the books themselves:
quote:
"Built a thousand generations ago to keep these--the original Jedi texts," Luke said. "The Aionomica, the Rammahgon, a dozen other mystic-sounding made-up names--the foundation of the ancient faith. They were the first and now, just like me, they are the last of the Jedi religion."

-TLJ

Moreover, Rey seems to have a special 'connection' with them, so I'd imagine that she will actually be able to put all of the knowledge to use:
quote:
She felt almost hypnotized. The books seemed to call her. But unlike the lightsaber on Takodana, that call didn't feel like a threat. Rather, it felt like a promise, one made long ago and now ready to be fulfilled. She reached out her hand toward the books, to touch them.

"Who are you?" Luke asked. He had followed her, and now stood looking at her as if for the first time. Rey was so entranced by the books that she barely noticed that Luke had finally acknowledged her.

"I know this place," she said. "This is a library."

Luke stepped in front of her and took one of the books off its shelf. She couldn't read the ancient runes inside, but she could feel their power.

-TLJ

And like you mentioned: it was stated that Luke had avidly searched the galaxy for years to acquire the books, so it's very unlikely that their teachings were widely circulated amongst the Republic-era Jedi, imo. I'd imagine that much of their knowledge has been lost over the generations... And knowledge that primordial will likely be quite something to behold. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2018 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:20 AM
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Of course leave it to the books and comics to try and make Rey not a Mary Sue. She shouldn't really have to learn anything else though.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:50 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

None of this will be mentioned in 9 tbh.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 04:43 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its about time she learned something.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

...to suck dick.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Which comic is that from?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 02:57 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Galan had it commissioned for him. He likes his lore put into his requested comics where C3P0 porks Rey.

"Is it protocol for your dick to be black 3P0?" is among the choice dialogue he requested be added.

Deep pockets. Deeper perversion.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 03:06 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
None of this will be mentioned in 9 tbh.
I think the information Rey is gathering from the ancient texts will play a big role in future films, tbh. The books were teased/shown at the end of TLJ for a reason, after all:

The comic is just expanding on that a bit.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Galan had it commissioned for him. He likes his lore put into his requested comics where C3P0 porks Rey.

"Is it protocol for your dick to be black 3P0?" is among the choice dialogue he requested be added.

Deep pockets. Deeper perversion.
thumb up

...Or he can just read Poe Dameron #28. wink

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 10:47 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
I think the information Rey is gathering from the ancient texts will play a big role in future films, tbh. The books were teased/shown at the end of TLJ for a reason, after all:

The comic is just expanding on that a bit.

thumb up

...Or he can just read Poe Dameron #28. wink

Well...I mean TFA also set up some big stuff that could or should have played a big role in TLJ and that didn't really pan out.

But who knows, anything is possible.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

The comics are just helping explain her inevitable power increase just like the "you learned from Kylo" shit.

This way you can at least try to explain why she's more powerful than 10 Yodas with somewhat of a reason as opposed to the zero reasons we were given.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 10:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm trying to be optimistic that Abrams won't completely ignore a plot-point this significant.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 10:55 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

JJ is a hunk of shit. Don't expect plot holes to close.

Though it will probably be "safer" than what Rian did

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 11:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Though it will probably be "safer" than what Rian did
That's all I'm asking for at this point, tbh.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 11:07 PM