KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist

Iron Man vs. Luke Cage/Iron fist
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yeah. Bucky was basically no-selling shots to the face before he tried to pry the arc reactor off.

That bit made no sense to be honest. He took the punches to the face without any problems, yet the repulsor shot after getting his arm destroyed basically oneshots him for the rest of the fight, and leaves him with a bloody face IIRC. It's just like, wut?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 07:23 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Well if IM wasn't pulling his punches, he really shouldn't have had any trouble against Cap and WS. That was just PIS.

Not PIS.

Tony was emotional. He wasnt fighting properly/thinking properly.

Cap and WS took advantage.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 08:36 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Not PIS.

Tony was emotional. He wasnt fighting properly/thinking properly.

Cap and WS took advantage.

An emotional Tony, punching WS multiple times with the intention to kill... and still not being able to KO Bucky or even break his nose is indeed PIS.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 08:49 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

An emotional Tony, punching WS multiple times with the intention to kill... and still not being able to KO Bucky or even break his nose is indeed PIS.

The SSS doesnt only grant extreme durability but also an amazing healing factor.

I dont think its PIS.

It would be PIS for Tony to be able to one punch break WS or Cap.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 09:10 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

To be fair, Cage has done similar just by basically standing there. stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 27th, 2018 at 04:48 AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 04:43 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Surtur

Tony's 1st IM suit that he didn't make from supplies he found in some cave...was able to stop a car from moving at only like 20% of its power.

No. He caught a falling minivan and bench pressed it's rear end. As far I remember he has yet to stop any vehicle with bare hands in the movies

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 10:16 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That bit made no sense to be honest. He took the punches to the face without any problems, yet the repulsor shot after getting his arm destroyed basically oneshots him for the rest of the fight, and leaves him with a bloody face IIRC. It's just like, wut?

The repulsors are supposed to hit harder than the suit's normal punches though.
And the bloody face was from the kick he gave Bucky when Bucky grabbed his leg near the end of the fight
And the inconsistencies doesn't end there either. With both his left and right arm on separate times in the fight Tony did a punch catch, and blocked an elbow from the metal arm yet he gets overpowered by the normal arm and cannot pry it off his face, and doesn't even get a cosmetic damage when struck with the end of the shield with the metal arm twice, and the first time Bucky was using both his arms and had the momentum of a jump behind his blow (when Tony had Cap pinned)
And earlier in the fight Tony was able to take Cap out with a single boast yet later multiple ones can't
And Tony countered both solo and together earlier bin the fight, but near the end need F.R.I.D.A.Y to fight

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 10:26 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Normally, sure. But they barely scorched the walls during the final fight when they should have been blasting holes in them.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 10:31 AM
tkitna

Tony wins both

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 11:08 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Team gets f'n obliterated. Tony was clearly pulling his punches against Cap. He was trying to kill Winter Soldier for a bit but Cap at this point is way stronger than Luke Cage. Civil War alone proved that. Cap isn't quite as durable but his shield was a HUGE boon to his team in that 2v1. Luke and IF don't have that. Also, cap is a better fighter than either BY FAR. Iron man can tank missile Luke and even if he doesn't a shotgun blast to the head can ko him as we saw in Jessica Jones. Tony has a lot more firepower at his disposal than that. Tony obliterates.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 12:45 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Team gets f'n obliterated. Tony was clearly pulling his punches against Cap. He was trying to kill Winter Soldier for a bit but Cap at this point is way stronger than Luke Cage. Civil War alone proved that. Cap isn't quite as durable but his shield was a HUGE boon to his team in that 2v1. Luke and IF don't have that. Also, cap is a better fighter than either BY FAR. Iron man can tank missile Luke and even if he doesn't a shotgun blast to the head can ko him as we saw in Jessica Jones. Tony has a lot more firepower at his disposal than that. Tony obliterates.

Before getting to anything else, you realise that Luke is canonically (confirmed via both feats and statements in LC s2) more durable now than he was back in JJ s1, right?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 01:26 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Before getting to anything else, you realise that Luke is canonically (confirmed via both feats and statements in LC s2) more durable now than he was back in JJ s1, right?
Well, admittedly I haven't watched LC s2 yet due to not really enjoying the first one. But unless he got a major upgrade in s2 then IM definitely has the ability to put him down fairly easily. Again, what REALLY matters is this:

Bucky is an assassin nearly on par with Cap in strength and other stats.
And Cap is: Faster, Stronger and a far, FAR better fighter than either LC or IF. The only thing that the team has over IM is Luke's durability...but again, Tony should have the tech to put him down. I'll have to watch s2 to see what kind of amazing upgrade you're referring to.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 02:05 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, until you either watch LC s2 or at least catch up on the feats/info, taking this conversation further is pointless.

And just to be clear, without the CA:CW PIS factor in play, Tony does win here in both. But both Luke and Danny are definitely better than they were previously. In Luke's case, pretty much across the board.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 02:33 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Well, until you either watch LC s2 or at least catch up on the feats/info, taking this conversation further is pointless.

And just to be clear, without the CA:CW PIS factor in play, Tony does win here in both. But both Luke and Danny are definitely better than they were previously. In Luke's case, pretty much across the board.
I agree that Tony should have won against Cap/bucky. That suit he was using was trash. IM1 suit or his nano suit would absolutely obliterate Cap/bucky in seconds.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 08:40 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

In the pure h2h fight, I actually feel like Danny will be a bigger threat than Cage. While LC can hit hard, he doesn't hit as hard as Danny's full-powered IF. And though Danny probably won't survive a direct hit from IM, he should be fast and skilled enough to evade enough hits to land an IF or two.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 09:06 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I mean, if Iron Man was REALLY trying to kill Cap from the beginning the outcome would have been much, much different. Make no mistake, the team is not getting any wins.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 10:10 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I agree that Tony should have won against Cap/bucky. That suit he was using was trash. IM1 suit or his nano suit would absolutely obliterate Cap/bucky in seconds.

Most of the internet, with the exception of the diehard Cap fantards, agree that Tony should have won in CA:CW, suspect suit or not. They even made a HISHE specifically to mock him about it lol:

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 03:42 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

In the pure h2h fight, I actually feel like Danny will be a bigger threat than Cage. While LC can hit hard, he doesn't hit as hard as Danny's full-powered IF. And though Danny probably won't survive a direct hit from IM, he should be fast and skilled enough to evade enough hits to land an IF or two.

Yeah, and while it has little bearing on this actual match, Danny looks like he just hits harder overall than he did previously. Not sure if it's because they've stepped up the choreography for him, but his hits just look like they have a lot more weight behind them.

And he seems able to summon the Iron Fist WAY more quickly and easily than he has done previously. He used to generally need a few seconds of constipation face for his fist to glow. Now he does it much more casually.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 03:53 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

And the bloody face was from the kick he gave Bucky when Bucky grabbed his leg near the end of the fight
And the inconsistencies doesn't end there either. With both his left and right arm on separate times in the fight Tony did a punch catch, and blocked an elbow from the metal arm yet he gets overpowered by the normal arm and cannot pry it off his face, and doesn't even get a cosmetic damage when struck with the end of the shield with the metal arm twice, and the first time Bucky was using both his arms and had the momentum of a jump behind his blow (when Tony had Cap pinned)
And earlier in the fight Tony was able to take Cap out with a single boast yet later multiple ones can't
And Tony countered both solo and together earlier bin the fight, but near the end need F.R.I.D.A.Y to fight

His arm was running low on batteries?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 03:59 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Normally, sure. But they barely scorched the walls during the final fight when they should have been blasting holes in them.

Tony's punches didn't do anything either. And Cap fans have used this dialogue at 0:20 to justify it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYu3QdJFG4E

Most of the internet, with the exception of the diehard Cap fantards, agree that Tony should have won in CA:CW, suspect suit or not.

And you know what, some of those turds actually claim that Cap and Bucky were holding back while Tony was fighting the best way he has ever in the MCU

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
His arm was running low on batteries?

His previous suit's have kept fighting for a considerably longer time and taking a lot more damage before running out of juice, whether it was against Hammer drones and Vanko, Killian's lackeys, Chitauri, Ultron bots.
Heck the Iron Monger fight has him start out with 20% power and he only ran out of juice after 8 mins, and that was with the very first mini arc reactor he made. And talking about the 1st arc reactor, it powered the inefficient and bulky cave suit for almost as long as the climax fight of CW after being charged on suspect power supply.
And the IM 3 suit, which gets a lot of flak not considering that it was unfinished prototype, managed to do pretty well in the mansion attack all things considered, and despite incompletely charged on a confirmed crappy power supply, flew all the way from Tennessee to Miami and lasted for some time in a fight there
If the Cw suit was running out if batteries that fast it's still a terrible showing, still showing that the suit is considerably inferior to every other previous model

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 07:51 AM