KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Octopath Traveler

Octopath Traveler
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Octopath Traveler

This game looks fantastic so far.

Octopath Traveler is a role-playing game that sports an "HD-2D" aesthetic, defined by the developers as combining 16-bit Super NES-style character sprites and textures with polygonal environments and high-definition effects. The game puts players in the role of one of eight adventurers, who each begin their journey in different ways. Each character has a unique command that can be used when interacting with NPCs. For example, Olberic can challenge characters to battle against him, while Primrose can allure characters to follow her, allowing her to summon them during battles.

The game features turn-based battles, in which the player can attack using different kinds of weapons or elemental attacks, as well as use abilities and items. Playable characters receive a Boost Point at the end of every turn, of which they can store up to five at a time. During their turn, a player can use up to three Boost Points to boost a command, allowing their character to attack multiple times, raise their defense, or increase the potency of an ability. Enemies have a shield counter that lowers whenever they are attacked with a weapon or element they are weak against. When the counter is depleted, they will enter a stunned state where they can receive more damage and lose a turn.

You can download the Demo right now on the Nintendo Switch Eshop.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 24th, 2018 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 02:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the YouTube link.

When you post a link to YouTube, make sure you only use the code inside the URL (I made it red) and not the entire URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaXSxYrrWM

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 05:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed the YouTube link.

When you post a link to YouTube, make sure you only use the code inside the URL (I made it red) and not the entire URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaXSxYrrWM
Yeah I forgot, lol.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 05:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:41 PM
Jmanghan

Old Post Jul 13th, 2018 01:04 PM
Jmanghan

Anyone playing this? Seems to be blowing up like crazy, and I'm surprised no one has said anything.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 06:27 AM
Jmanghan

I have been playing this game non-stop, everybody's giving the game praise, but I don't think it's too fun.

The stories are great, but they are short, the fights are so... damn... repetitive.

The encounter rate is SO, DAMN, REPETITIVE.

I have been playing Octopath and Kingdom Come back to back, and I know they can't be compared, but as a general experience, not as a game, I had so much more fun in Kingdom Come.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2018 10:22 PM