KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Abandoning the Hillbilly Midwest for the West Coast

Abandoning the Hillbilly Midwest for the West Coast
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abandoning the Hillbilly Midwest for the West Coast

For years I told myself I'd never move to Cali due to the high-cost of living and other issues, but now that I'm desperate to make my mark on the world, I've decided that it's the only way.

After completing my undergrad in Comp Sci, I plan to enroll in a masters program and/or hopefully land an entry level position at a tech company.

My scopes are set for Seattle or San Francisco, the force willing. I will live out of my car if that's what it takes to afford the high cost of living.

I am no longer content living in the dump that is the mid-west. Quanchi may be content living in our mutual sh1t-hole state, but I have larger aspirations than to work as a wage-laborer until I'm 40.

Yes sir, it is not in my interest to remain in this crap hole any longer. Transferring schools isn't feasible, but the force will guide me to where I need to be.

My IQ has been dropping every since I left my preppy, elitist high-school. These white-trash hillbillies have been a negative influence on me. Time to leave this place and make my mark—or die trying.

That is all.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:10 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Austin also wouldn't be a bad place...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:12 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
For years I told myself I'd never move to Cali due to the high-cost of living and other issues, but now that I'm desperate to make my mark on the world, I've decided that it's the only way.

After completing my undergrad in Comp Sci, I plan to enroll in a masters program and/or hopefully land an entry level position at a tech company.

My scopes are set for Seattle or San Francisco, the force willing. I will live out of my car if that's what it takes to afford the high cost of living.

I am no longer content living in the dump that is the mid-west. Quanchi may be content living in our mutual sh1t-hole state, but I have larger aspirations than to work as a wage-laborer until I'm 40.

Yes sir, it is not in my interest to remain in this crap hole any longer. Transferring schools isn't feasible, but the force will guide me to where I need to be.

My IQ has been dropping every since I left my preppy, elitist high-school. These white-trash hillbillies have been a negative influence on me. Time to leave this place and make my mark—or die trying.

That is all.

I live in the Midwest and I'm doing just fine.

You live in Texas, right?

What makes you think you'll make it in California when CA has fewer Fortune 500 companies than Texas?

You're doing the "grass is greener on the other side" thing that I see many young snowflakes do.

I'll make it clearer for you: you're weak and coming up with excuses.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Austin also wouldn't be a bad place...
I'll have to look into it, but my master has already established himself in Cali.

Originally posted by dadudemon

What makes you think you'll make it in California when CA has fewer Fortune 500 companies than Texas?

You're doing the "grass is greener on the other side" thing that I see many young snowflakes do.

I've lived in many places, but right now it's where Quanchi is located.

I'll make it anywhere, but my master has already established himself in California. The Sith grand plan has to be executed there first.

Perhaps I am weak, but if so I will die trying smile .

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:18 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

SF is absurdly expensive, like, ridiculously so. I don't recommend moving there unless you've got something line up.

It makes sense for him moving to Cali though, there are a lot of tech/gaming comanies based in Cali. Many of the biggest ones, in fact.

Kurk, you may also want to consider the Orange County/LA area, we have got Blizzard Entertainment in Irvine, and they're a nice place to work.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:20 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Hundred bucks Kurk's working in a SF Starbucks and renting/sleeping on one side of a semen stained coach in a one-bedroom apartment on the shitty side of the Mission District within two years of moving here.

I'll even give people two-to-one odds.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Hundred bucks Kurk's working in a SF Starbucks and renting/sleeping on one side of a semen stained coach in a one-bedroom apartment on the shitty side of the Mission District within two years of moving here.

I'll even give people two-to-one odds.
I know SFers live in their cars; I've already outfitted my Prius as a stealth camper as I often sleep in the campus parking lot.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:41 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

That is all.

I'm not sure what exactly you seek to do, but Texas would probably be a much better choice. Tech cities in Texas are the fastest growing in the US with many citing Austin as the next Silicon Valley. Texas is becoming the tech powerhouse of the country. So that would be a place to look up. To make sure it's right for you.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:47 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He is as weak as they come looking to a message board to solve his own misery and inadequacy. It’s the fat guy who suddenly loses all their weight but still feels less than. Blame your parents because they destroyed your self esteem long ago. I bet I’d love your dad. He’s strong you are weak, Kurk. Let Cali devour you.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
He is as weak as they come looking to a message board to solve his own misery and inadequacy. It’s the fat guy who suddenly loses all their weight but still feels less than. Blame your parents because they destroyed your self esteem long ago. I bet I’d love your dad. He’s strong you are weak, Kurk. Let Cali devour you.
Please tell me who it is that summons you every time I mention your name in a post here, Quan.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:56 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Please tell me who it is that summons you every time I mention your name in a post here, Quan.
I have a sixth sense for treachery.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 09:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
I have a sixth sense for treachery.
Too bad your idol Snoke doesn't have that same sense laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Do not attempt to besmirch the most bad ass force user to date when we both know Dooku cucked his way to death without even a burp of objection.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hmmm, Dooku was betrayed by his master. Snoke was betrayed by his subordinate. The 'cuck-death' award goes to Snoke, no question about it.

I mean, Snoke literally died in mid-sentence of asserting he was unbeatable and couldn't be betrayed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Hmmm, Dooku was betrayed by his master. Snoke was betrayed by his subordinate. The 'cuck-death' award goes to Snoke, no question about it.

I mean, Snoke literally died in mid-sentence of asserting he was unbeatable and couldn't be betrayed.

laughing out loud Couldn't have said it better.

Dooku accepted that he was bested by a superior opponent. For once he was no longer the best student. Dooku being a man of honor, and having in that moment realized the treacherous nature of the sith, accepted that he was inferior and deserved to die. He was simply adhering to the principles of the sith set forth by Darth Bane. Betraying Sidious would've meant the end of the Sith.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:14 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you'll be farther away from me, so this pleases me.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Playmaker
I'm not sure what exactly you seek to do, but Texas would probably be a much better choice. Tech cities in Texas are the fastest growing in the US with many citing Austin as the next Silicon Valley. Texas is becoming the tech powerhouse of the country. So that would be a place to look up. To make sure it's right for you.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

Bleh...you're nicer about it than I am.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:25 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What da fuc are your credentials to where I should consider anything you say seriously?

I'm not familiar with DDM. Isn't he the 14 year old who's well beyond his years mentally?

Bashar Teg is...?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:27 PM
dadudemon

What da fuc are your credentials to where I should consider anything you say seriously?

I'm not familiar with DDM. Isn't he the 14 year old who's well beyond his years mentally?

Bashar Teg is...?

I'm a 35 year old with 5 degrees, 11 IT Certifications, and 3 professional certifications. thumb up

Want me to brag some more?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:29 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a 35 year old with 5 degrees, 11 IT Certifications, and 3 professional certifications. thumb up

Want me to brag some more?
What is your market value? Surely it would be above average with your certs.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 10:39 PM