KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » "Should Nintendo stop making consoles?"

"Should Nintendo stop making consoles?"
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

"Should Nintendo stop making consoles?"

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 10:05 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No. They're the only ones who are creative with the idea behind their consoles. We need them for innovation's sake if nothing more.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 11:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
No. They're the only ones who are creative with the idea behind their consoles. We need them for innovation's sake if nothing more.
I agree 100%

Just wanted to see what others thought.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 12:54 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I don't know if Nintendo should stop making consoles, but Shigeru Miyamoto should definitely kill himself.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 01:11 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
I don't know if Nintendo should stop making consoles, but Shigeru Miyamoto should definitely kill himself.
Whoa man, girl, whatever.

You better hope Shiggy doesn't rain down unholy judgement on you.

But yeah Koizumi seems to be doing a much better job.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 02:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, they should. Nintendo can’t compete with Sony.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 02:23 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You love Nintendo, Quan.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 04:23 AM
cdtm

Nintendo should just stop. They haven't been relevent since the 1990's, and live off price gouging suckers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 05:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Nintendo should just stop. They haven't been relevent since the 1990's, and live off price gouging suckers.

http://geekmelee.com/2017/06/ninten...and-rightly-so/

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 05:34 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm

And Nostalgia.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 06:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Nintendo should stop making gimmicks.

Literally, the only Switch original I really want to play is Mario Odyssey.

90% of the rest of the Switch lineup? Garbage.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 09:37 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Impediment
Nintendo should stop making gimmicks.

Literally, the only Switch original I really want to play is Mario Odyssey.

90% of the rest of the Switch lineup? Garbage.
Erm... They're all legitimately awesome games in their own right.

Also, I've never had more fun with a shooter then I have with Splatoon, and I've played a lot, all the Crysis games, KillZone, hell it may even rival Halo in terms of pure fun factor.

ARMS is a legitimately good fighting game, and they added more then just fighting, it's packed with modes.

Breath of the Wild is one of the best open-world experiences ever, and quite possibly the best LoZ game of all time, I had way more fun with it then I ever did with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, or even Link to the Past. It is much better then Skyrim could ever dream of being, imo. I promise you on EVERYthing I love, the hype is deserved, every single tiny last bit of it.

Kirby: Star Allies... could've been better, it's not terrible, it's.. good, just not even close to great.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, something fans have been waiting for, for years finally came out.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle... sounds stupid, it's an awesome turn-based tactical RPG, the weapons, the skill tree, the combat, I was playing it all day yesterday and could not stop.

AND THE COUCH CO-OP, MY GOD. If you like having friends over and playing games with them, this is the console to buy, 2 controllers right off the bat, and then you can buy 2 more controllers that come in a single pack for $50-$60.

Then, the ports... every Nintendo port, has been enhanced from the original version in some way, every single port I've seen so far has had extra content that wasn't available on the original version for the Wii U.

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, has a new mode with a new character, Pokken Tourament DX adds new Pokemon that weren't available in the original game, Captain Toad has new Mario Odyssey-themed levels.

Then, the future, Metroid Prime 4, Yoshi, Couch Co-Op Pokemon, 2 of them, and they're compatible with Pokemon Go, Octopath Traveler, then there's the future of all new games getting released on the Switch.

Elder Scrolls VI, DOOM: Eternal, so much potential.

Plus, yeah, they could have added features, but eh, I like my gaming systems to be gaming systems. I always end up getting distracted due to my ADHD making me think of a video I wanna watch, or something, but on the switch I don't have that distraction, and it lets me concentrate on something I really love, gaming.

I know I did a shitty job convincing you, but trust me when I say that the switch library is excellent right now, not a single game has bored me.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 08:40 PM
ares834

I wish they did. BotW and SMO were both awesome games that were held back by their hardware limitations. These games would have been even better if they were released on PS4, Xbone, and PC.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 08:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
I wish they did. BotW and SMO were both awesome games that were held back by their hardware limitations. These games would have been even better if they were released on PS4, Xbone, and PC.
The point behind the switch is the portability, which is honestly what I love about it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 09:19 PM
Jmanghan

Like, me personally, I hate gaming on a TV, I wish every single game system could be like the switch, every single one.

I am all about convenience and if I'm tired or just wanna be lazy, I can be lazy.

I have bad eyesight and my glasses are broken.

Plus, Skyrim on the go? Why the hell... would I EVER want to play it on PS4 again?

I don't see the point in playing docked, unless you're a serious stickler for having it on a big screen with a huge TV, and cool, if thats your thing, do that.

But a lot of people don't have time to sit down and play games, or maybe you're like me, where you just plain don't FEEL like getting up, switching a game every other hour, taking it out, putting it back in the case. For someone like me who is extremely lazy, its just extra time that could be spent already playing a game.

Plus it's always right there, can you take your PS4 to work and play it on your break? No.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 10:29 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You play the Switch because you have bad eyesight and your glasses are broken?

Well....you could just get new glasses.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 11:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
The point behind the switch is the portability, which is honestly what I love about it.

Sure. And I hate that. I've used my Swith portably a handful of times at most.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 11:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Honestly, I'm happy enough pulling out an tablet for portal gaming. Candy crush, baby.

Go ahead, call me a casual.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 11:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
Sure. And I hate that. I've used my Swith portably a handful of times at most.
Well, there's the difference.

Majority of people are about convenience, and sometimes they are too busy.

Like if they're working on something, they could be on their computer and playing their switch at the same time.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 01:13 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

If they're on their computer and want to play a game then they should do so on the infinitely better device that is their computer.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 03:45 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote