KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Cringiest line in Star Wars history

Cringiest line in Star Wars history
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

dellow felegates

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

The prequels had way too much cringe, probably because of the green screen. Natalie Portman's a great actress and look at what they made her do:

https://youtu.be/EkGXmLmXjZ4?t=1m37s
https://youtu.be/EkGXmLmXjZ4

I don't know if the dilevery on too many of them was that hard to watch, there's defenitely been worse, but as a culmination, they take the cake.

I don't mind the sequels at all, but I can see why some do. L3 and Lando having a thing was...beyond cringe for me though.

And I'm sure the expanded universe, especially the stuff made for children, has a gold mine of cringe that I don't remember right now.

Honestly though, the cringiest stuff in star wars comes from Disney and the fanbase, rather than anything in printed content.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
dellow felegates
LMAO, I wanted to go with the Rose quote, but this is probably as bad as it can get.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

"A Sith Lord??" - Mace Windu

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Sacrilege! That's probably the best line ever.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Kurk
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

...well that in itself is an absolute lol.

Obi is a Sith confirmed
What seals it is when he follows that line with "I will do what I must", lol.

Anyway, Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!!!" line from RotS literally made me bury my face in my palm.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
What seals it is when he follows that line with "I will do what I must", lol.

Anyway, Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!!!" line from RotS literally made me bury my face in my palm.
I didn't think it was that bad. Especially when compared to Luke's equivalent line in ESB.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

"You ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

Forget it. The entire opera scene is cringeworthy.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:49 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Kurk
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

...well that in itself is an absolute lol.

Obi is a Sith confirmed

Same for:

"Do or do not. There is no try"

Yoda is a sith too apparently.

1. Kenobi referred to Anakin's dialogue. And he was right. His brother/Padawan was only "with me or die". Jedi aren't doing such thing. Obi-Wan was just stating the obvious. Sith=evil, pride, murder, etc

So it makes sense what Obi-Wan would say about the Sith.

2. Yoda's words were clearly a reference to the biblical passage where it is said: Be warm or cold, but don't be in-between. You can't serve two masters."

Luke said something, but he thought/felt otherwise about the odds surrounding him. Hence Yoda said that.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:55 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
"You ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

Forget it. The entire opera scene is cringeworthy.

Really? That's like one of the best parts of the movie, not undercut by any of the cheesy bad-movie taint.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. Kenobi referred to Anakin's dialogue. And he was right. His brother/Padawan was only "with me or die". Jedi aren't doing such thing. Obi-Wan was just stating the obvious. Sith=evil, pride, murder, etc

So it makes sense what Obi-Wan would say about the Sith.

2. Yoda's words were clearly a reference to the biblical passage where it is said: Be warm or cold, but don't be in-between. You can't serve two masters."

Luke said something, but he thought/felt otherwise about the odds surrounding him. Hence Yoda said that.

I am consistently impressed by your ability to be so nuanced in some cases. But why do they have to be cases like these, when it's just a joke?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

1. Then you don't know how many memes are out there
2. I thought everyone here was serious 😋

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 05:48 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

1. The memes might make a moment more funny, but the scene itself by its own merit isn't terrible. I mean, it's memeable, sure, but lots of things which aren't cringy are.

2. You can be serious about something funny, it's just kind of a bummer when someone comes in and explains why something you were laughing at is not funny.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 03:15 AM