KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Leo's 4th (or 5th??) annual SECRET WARS!11!

Leo's 4th (or 5th??) annual SECRET WARS!11!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermutant

The other bz is taking the less is more approach.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 01:11 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Leo specifically told people - if you don't have time for this, or are willing to put the effort, don't enter.

It's Tuesday, and there's two half a posts in the thread, with the deadline Wednesday.

Even if 4 posts are in by tomorrow, two from each participant, this is not a 'back and forth debate'. It's cramming before an exam.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jul 17th, 2018 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 01:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

SM vs Abhi is really entertaining though.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 06:52 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 08:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

If I was allowed you would have had all the fun and all the commitment

Old Post Jul 17th, 2018 11:36 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
looks like a bunch of you guys are slacking. thumb up
I'll have my post done by the end of the night.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 02:06 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:

Even if 4 posts are in by tomorrow, two from each participant, this is not a 'back and forth debate'. It's cramming before an exam.

Unless it was a deliberate tactic by some to ensure no time to fully analyse and debunk their post

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 09:08 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

which would be...disappointing. i have received one final post already. the rest of you--final posts sent to me before midnight EST or your final post is forfeit. thumb up

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh, and all judges have been pm'd. i have politely asked that all votes be in by saturday, so hopefully none of you will have to wait very long. i'll post rulings once a decision has been reached. good luck.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 01:30 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Who picks the arena Leo fights in?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:32 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

ds or phil can take the reins from here in terms of posting matches and choosing bf's. gents, who'd like to be the man?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 12:22 PM
DarkSaint85

When would it be for?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 12:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Who picks the arena Leo fights in?

Baziemarc123

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:15 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That would be marcbazie123 actually.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:18 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

That's the newest sock but the old sock was more fun.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 02:37 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I plan the next rd for next wed to wed again and votes in by that Saturday. Basically same as this rd just repeat for the next 2 rounds. Not much to do aside from opening the matches collecting the first and last posts and picking a bf.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 05:35 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

JUDGES NOTE

after some brief discussion with one of the judges, i've decided that composite characters are fine--i.e., feats from post crisis, 52 and rebirth are all applicable to the characters that are being used. if a competitor thinks a feat should be thrown out or that a character in use is SUBSTANTIALLY different in terms of power or power set, the issue must be raised before or within the match (preferably before). allowing all feats makes it easier on the judges and competitors alike. it of course also brings in any weaknesses that may be present in one form or other but ONLY if the competitor SHOWS FEATS FROM THAT VERSION.

an example--let's say j'onn was shown to be deathly afraid of fire still in the nu52. IF pg showed nu52 scans to support an argument, the opponent could and should show that weakness, even if a DIFFERENT version was said to have overcome said weakness.

however, IF nu52 was weak vs fire, and pg did NOT show any nu52 scans, then using the 52 weakness would NOT be allowed and should such claim be made by an opponent i would allow an additional post to pg so he could clarify and call out the sneaky bugger who tried to slip in the sly scan. just let me know if anything untoward happens. i really want this to be about the debating, and am a bit of a hard-a$$ when it comes to shenanigans....

a competitor IS of course welcome to select a specific version of the character though, should they choose to do so. please ask for any further clarification. to sum up--composite versions are ok, but you take the good with the bad. thumb up

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 07:55 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

still waiting on a couple votes. everyone has been pm'd. hoping to see the votes in today....

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 01:16 PM
Badabing
Karen

Where's that blue bastich Smurph with his vote?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 10:38 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

"RL" pfft.

he did say today for sure though....

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2018 11:41 PM