KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » RoF Gohan vs Perfect Cell

RoF Gohan vs Perfect Cell
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

RoF Gohan vs Perfect Cell

Adult Gohan at his weakest levels during DBS' RoF...

(please log in to view the image)

... versus the strongest opponent he had to deal with when he was a better character.

Can RoF Gohan who couldn't even access SSJ2 give Cell a real challenge, or will Cell just make a sad example out of him like 1st form Frieza did?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 09:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I feel like Cell would beat the christ out of him. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 09:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: RoF Gohan vs Perfect Cell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Adult Gohan at his weakest levels during DBS' RoF...

... versus the strongest opponent he had to deal with when he was a better character.

Can RoF Gohan who couldn't even access SSJ2 give Cell a real challenge, or will Cell just make a sad example out of him like 1st form Frieza did?

At the levels set here, Gohan loses so badly. SO.BADLY.

Of course, if they ever did meet "current" levels in an anime/manga sequel, Cell would probably be Jiren+ level.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 09:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Cell stomps the shit out of him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:49 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

Cell wins.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 01:23 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Gohan can't even go super saiyan 2 there, can he?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 04:50 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He can barely go SSJ1.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 05:00 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This thread mainly be a shoutout to the Gohan denials who argued that he was still as strong in like RoF as he was when he still had his Mystic form. Y'know, Carver and those kind of loonies.

Now's your chance to prove to me that RoF Gohan wasn't another weak pussification. smile

edit: Oh yeah, there was the part with Gohan getting a comeback moment against Tagoma, but that was after Ginyu possessed him, and I can still buy that Ginyu weakened Tagoma severely...

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The fact that he achieved his mystic form again later in the anime kinda disproved that idea.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:56 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Gohan should win pretty easily. His base form was way more powerful than Piccolo. Add a 50 times amp on there and he should beat down Cell pretty badly.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 07:13 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The fact that he achieved his mystic form again later in the anime kinda disproved that idea.

Wasn't that not until Piccolo pushed him hard in preparation for the ToP though? That was way later; before that when Gohan was always only seen using regular SSJ.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Gohan should win pretty easily. His base form was way more powerful than Piccolo. Add a 50 times amp on there and he should beat down Cell pretty badly.

Referring to RoF Piccolo I assume?... Forgot how disappointing most Z-fighters were at the time before the ToP arc amped most of them up, to a point.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 09:02 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Uncaped Piccolo was Android 17 level before a year of training in the RoSaT Hyperbolic Time Chamber. You assume he got any more powerful in the 8-9 years since the 17 fight and yeah, he should be a lot more powerful.

Even excluding that, if you put him from Frieza level to Android 17 in caped form, and add a 50 times amp on there and that should be more than enough to wipe out Cell.

I don't see how Gohan loses here. I mean he looked like horseshit, but that's because he is a horseshit character and the enemies got tougher.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 09:27 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You make sense, Bran thumb up

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Uncaped Piccolo was Android 17 level before a year of training in the RoSaT Hyperbolic Time Chamber. You assume he got any more powerful in the 8-9 years since the 17 fight and yeah, he should be a lot more powerful.

Even excluding that, if you put him from Frieza level to Android 17 in caped form, and add a 50 times amp on there and that should be more than enough to wipe out Cell.

I don't see how Gohan loses here. I mean he looked like horseshit, but that's because he is a horseshit character and the enemies got tougher.

As a Piccolo fan I'd want him to be that much stronger over the course of those years, but in RoF he didn't really get to do much besides be a meatshield for Gohan... and then struggled with a weaker Frieza from universe 6.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In any case, if Gohan does still win here based on the SSJ multiplier, then I guess it just goes to show that all power levels exist to do now is basically say that the dead villains are pussies, tho nowadays people just tend to ignore power levels anyway; as if X random dead character wouldn't be rescaled in power if revived now.

Either way, RoF Gohan definitely felt weaker than Buu era Gohan before the Elder Kai ritual/Z-sword training.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:10 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

As a Piccolo fan I'd want him to be that much stronger over the course of those years, but in RoF he didn't really get to do much besides be a meatshield for Gohan... and then struggled with a weaker Frieza from universe 6.
Even if he wasn't, he doesn't exactly get weaker. He'd still be at least Frieza level after fusing with Kami.

Frost was weaker than Golden Frieza, but that doesn't mean he was weaker than Namek Frieza. Plus Piccolo put together enough power in that fight to punch through Vados' shield.

Judging by the beatdown he took from Goku, I'd say he was a ways above Namek Frieza. Being unquestionably stronger than Piccolo puts him anywhere from Perfect Cell to Buu depending on how much you think Piccolo powered up.

Keep in mind Frost did do some form of training as he fought for "peace" and therefore tried a little harder on average than Frieza.

In any case, if Gohan does still win here based on the SSJ multiplier, then I guess it just goes to show that all power levels exist to do now is basically say that the dead villains are pussies, tho nowadays people just tend to ignore power levels anyway; as if X random dead character wouldn't be rescaled in power if revived now.

Either way, RoF Gohan definitely felt weaker than Buu era Gohan before the Elder Kai ritual/Z-sword training.
That's all power levels were in the first place. The introduction of powers levels was Raditz around 1200 and ended with 150 million. The next time we got an indication was from Future 17 who said he wasn't using half his power to beat the shit out of around 150 Million Trunks. Even ignoring that, Cell eclipsed the last guy and then Cell became a low level peon come the next saga.

The thing that brought Super down to realistic levels was saying base Goku was less than Frieza while he became the most powerful Z fighter which gave us something to base it off of. Then it just went ****ing wild.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Referring to RoF Piccolo I assume?... Forgot how disappointing most Z-fighters were at the time before the ToP arc amped most of them up, to a point.
The battle with Freeza's goons was meant to portray all the Z fighters equally, imo. That's why feebs like Jaco, Roshi, and Tien didn't really come off looking any better or worse than Piccolo, for example... Despite the ENORMOUS difference in power that should have existed between them.

That said, it's clear the overall intent of RoF was for Gohan to be at his weakest levels to date(he could barely even go SSJ at all, ffs.) No way in hell is that pathetic joke of a character beating Perfect Cell.

edit: Oh yeah, there was the part with Gohan getting a comeback moment against Tagoma, but that was after Ginyu possessed him, and I can still buy that Ginyu weakened Tagoma severely...
Indeed.

After all,
Tagoma ~ Mystic Gohan >>>>>>> SSJ Gohan(RoF) >> Tagoma(post-Ginyu).

...Which makes perfect sense, considering that Ginyu doesn't just instantly gain full control of the body's power when he hops into it -- there's a defined acclimation period. That's why Ginyu could only access a small fraction of Goku's power when they swapped bodies on Namek, for example.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I thought that was just because he didn't know how to kioken

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 03:08 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nope, it's because Ginyu doesn't know how to harness/control ki in general(remember, that was an exceedingly rare ability back then.)

When Goku originally fought Ginyu, for example, his base PL without any KK multipliers was 90,000.

That said, "Ginku's" PL peaked at a mere 23,000:
https://i.imgur.com/PP36WDo.jpg

We can assume the same basic thing happened when Ginyu body-swapped with Tagoma, for the same basic reason(but likely on a MUCH greater scale, considering Tagoma's power)... Especially since Ginyu outright stated that he was not accustomed to the body:

Which makes sense, considering Ginyu had been trapped inside a f*cking frog since the Namek saga... Ain't like he'd been secretly perfecting the technique all those years, lol.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 06:23 PM
cdtm

He lost to Krillin. Much as I'd like to believe humans can get SSJ2+ level, without anything from the manga or anime, we have to assume Gohan is just that bad.

I mean, Android 17 being that good is a big assumption, too, but at least an android starting out at SSJ+ and training is enough of an X factor to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 08:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote