KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Any Post or Transhumanists here?

Any Post or Transhumanists here?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any Post or Transhumanists here?

I don't know why it took me so long, but I discovered that my radical views are shared by many intellectuals across the globe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posthumanism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

I think Ellimist might be one.

In a nut-shell:

I am a Vanu Sovereignty follower who recognizes Elon Musk as our Lord & Savior.

Through his leadership we will evolve humanity and leave our animal instincts behind.

We will merge with AI to stay relevant

We will abolish our biological needs like eating, sleeping, sex, emotions, etc.

We will transfer all power to the state, and they will take over reproduction.

We will achieve immortality through stem cell research and telomere regeneration.

Anyone else here who can share their views?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I may or may not be trolling

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:05 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe we will destroy ourselves and revert to our most base animal instincts before we do any of those things.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Post/transhumanism functionally already exists. Prosthetics already exist and proof-of-concepts for genetic alteration have already been performed.

Within 50 years we'll have reached Deus Ex levels of biotech integration.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:29 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see hacks becoming more and more common, then upgrades, then a new species. CRISPR is the start.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...it-his-own-dna/

to be honest Google and Google Ventures are the big news here.

Kurzweil even thinks Immortality by 2030...

I see it later, to be honest; we can't regenerate stuff, the first amortals will be terrified of being damaged anyway.

Bionics, I'm no expert, but you can get monkeys to control drones, so why can't I control something complex a world away? Why can't a surgeon perform operations all over the world? AI is probably going to be better at operations anyway.

I do see the upgrade coming, faster than the singularity.

I see gene perfect clones if we want them with the perfect range, the athleticism of an Olympic gold medalist with the endurance or a tour de France winner and the strength of Eddie Hall all multiplied, along with perfect features, the spacial skills of Newton, the creativity of Davinci and the musical ability of Mozart. Those humans remaining will no longer be the dominant species.

This is not SciFi, this is inevitable.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:31 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The amount of potential good or bad outcomes from future tech is so astronomical given that it drastically impacts our future for the rest of history - which could end tomorrow or last to the heat death - that it makes everything else seem trivial in comparison.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:39 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I see hacks becoming more and more common, then upgrades, then a new species. CRISPR is the start.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...it-his-own-dna/

to be honest Google and Google Ventures are the big news here.

Kurzweil even thinks Immortality by 2030...

I see it later, to be honest; we can't regenerate stuff, the first amortals will be terrified of being damaged anyway.

Bionics, I'm no expert, but you can get monkeys to control drones, so why can't I control something complex a world away? Why can't a surgeon perform operations all over the world? AI is probably going to be better at operations anyway.

I do see the upgrade coming, faster than the singularity.

I see gene perfect clones if we want them with the perfect range, the athleticism of an Olympic gold medalist with the endurance or a tour de France winner and the strength of Eddie Hall all multiplied, along with perfect features, the spacial skills of Newton, the creativity of Davinci and the musical ability of Mozart. Those humans remaining will no longer be the dominant species.

This is not SciFi, this is inevitable.

While truth in the long-run, as genetic editing will be the next stage of human evolution. But the average basement "bio hacker" is likely going to do nothing much to themselves or potentially take themselves out of the gene pool in a botched experiment.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

The biggest problem is touched on by Khan in Star Trek, when you create a new species will the thoughts be completely alien to us.

The Upgrade by Whirly!

My thoughts are different now, clear, precise like the cuts on a diamond, they sparkle and glitter brightly catching the light and transcending brilliance. The old me, me, before my rebirth was cluttered with emotion, unfocused by three point five billion years of random evolutionary change, now through design, my ideas are uninterrupted and flawless. I still have emotions and they still drive me, but they are different now, less petty and more fully formed, they are no longer a hindrance instead they have become a strength.

Copyright the artist formerly known as Whirly.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:47 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
While truth in the long-run, as genetic editing will be the next stage of human evolution. But the average basement "bio hacker" is likely going to do nothing much to themselves or potentially take themselves out of the gene pool in a botched experiment.
Tbh Rob, it doesn't take great knowledge, way back in 1990 I inserted the gene for the pectinase enzyme multiple times using PCR into the yeast Kluveromyces Marxiarnus, it worked and produced more pectinase. The aim of what we were doing was to make cheap orange juice have expensive looking "cloud" by breaking down the Pectin using a cheap microorganism, this was incredibly easy then. Tools like CRISPR just make it easier. I think you need a level of understanding, perhaps second year undergraduate.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jul 2nd, 2018 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 11:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Your average "bio-hacker" probably won't even have that level of education, they'll buy a cheap CRISPR kit off ebay; probably a knockoff from China, watch a youtube video, convince themselves they're geneticist now, then attempt to remove all the myostatin from their body while simultaneously injecting their dick's with who knows what in an attempt to increase penile girth and rigidity.

Thought that reminds me of a thread I made probably 8 or more years ago, about real life supermen due to editing myostatin production in the future.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:04 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your average "bio-hacker" probably won't even have that level of education, they'll buy a cheap CRISPR kit off ebay; probably a knockoff from China, watch a youtube video, convince themselves they're geneticist now, then attempt to remove all the myostatin from their body while simultaneously injecting their dick's with who knows what in an attempt to increase penile girth and rigidity.
Hopefully doing it all on a live feed though. smile Rob, for every thousand that die one will succeed in giving himself unnatural sexual powers. Kurk, you should try this son!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 12:06 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Thought that reminds me of a thread I made probably 8 or more years ago, about real life supermen due to editing myostatin production in the future.

I can hardly even wait for this to become a reality. Oh, what interesting times we shall live in!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 01:34 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I can hardly even wait to blow my brains out

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 01:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Yes, I'm a transhumanist.

Mormons actually have one of the largest Transhumanist organizations out there:

https://transfigurism.org/

And, yes, we should see some very interesting things happening between 2030 and 2050.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 05:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

How do mormons feel about black people? If I went to Utah and converted could I land a cute white mormon girl with rich parents to be my sugar mamma?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 07:16 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Tzeentch
How do mormons feel about black people? If I went to Utah and converted could I land a cute white mormon girl with rich parents to be my sugar mamma?

laughing

****ing awesome goal right there! And don’t let anyone tell you it can’t come true!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 07:36 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Utah Mormons are the best for milking their white-guilt. Present yourself as educated and intelligent (this is important because if you're combative or disagreeable, you'll be relegated to "typical black man" status) but very early on, express your disbelief in how amazing, loving, and NOT racist they are. And say something like, "I heard so many bad things about how some Mormons are racist and this family has shown me how wrong those stereotypes are. I really feel welcomed and loved in this home."

Dude, you will benefit soo so so so very much from starting it off that way.

Mormons around the world refer to the Utah Mormons as "Utards." Because of how self-righteous and masturbatory they are about their "righteousness."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 11:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote