KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wesker vs Lord Marshal Xhylaw

Wesker vs Lord Marshal Xhylaw
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

Wesker vs Lord Marshal Xhylaw

Wesker from Resident Evil moves 5 & 6 (not counting 7) fights Lord Marshal from Chronicles of Riddick.
Fight takes place where Wesker fought Alice and co.
Pure h2h. Win by ko, surrender or submission
Who wins?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 08:58 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Wesker.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2018 11:18 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The last few RE movies are little more than a chaotic blur to me. Is anyone up for refreshing my memories on the character? stick out tongue

I remember the Lord Marshal well enough though. Had superspeed, as well as a degree of superhuman strength, and, IIRC, that weird soul/spirit sucking ability.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 03:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

These are Wesker's only showings though
1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inStnb5DqdM
Stars from 1:46 though you can see the full video for the clone feats
2- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x3j4fONc4w
Start from 8:23 - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy7C6d4vuw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBN7oO3iEg
3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSziMeScxuo

And to
And then there is 0:28, 0:49, 2:14 and 3:07 of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LMLmDZIVs
And for comparison, see 0:58, 1:13 and 1:39 of this video for how Axemen/Executioners react to other guns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaGjAwAp6o
For more showings of how powerful her coin-operated gun see 2:52 and 1:49 respectively of the following videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MEy7EgQeEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54hhFfSCAz8

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 08:14 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

And just for the heck of it Riddick vs Lord Marshal
https://www..youtube.com/watch?v=UrMcfE7kz84

Some more but of low quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPqtCfbLQug

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 08:29 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Damn, that's some rubbery-ass looking CG in the first batch of clips lol.

Still, thanks to that refressher, I'd have to go with Wesker. Based on the multiple bullet dodges, he seems faster than the Lord Marshal, and an absolute tank as well.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 03:19 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Wesker is most definitely the one with the better damage soak. He's pretty fast, but still got tagged though. First by those scalpels, then Chris got in a tackle at 0:39, Claire got in a hit in his face with a kick at 1:13, and Alice got in a stab at 2:02. And his striking power is pretty lacking imo.
And considering Zhylaw can take some serious hits from Riddick, I doubt he would fall so easily. And he has a couple showings that are not on YouTube

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 04:56 PM
HulkIsHulk

And Lord Marshal should be pretty up there scaling off the other Necros

Old Post Jul 5th, 2018 06:59 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Wesker is most definitely the one with the better damage soak. He's pretty fast, but still got tagged though. First by those scalpels, then Chris got in a tackle at 0:39, Claire got in a hit in his face with a kick at 1:13, and Alice got in a stab at 2:02. And his striking power is pretty lacking imo.
And considering Zhylaw can take some serious hits from Riddick, I doubt he would fall so easily. And he has a couple showings that are not on YouTube

He was casually dancing around bullets right before that tackle, so, to me, it looks like he intentionally let him come close because he knew he could outmuscle him. As for most of the rest, he was not only fighting two people at once, but also contending with their gunfire, and Alice tagging him isn't bad, considering what she can do. So, it's still more impressive to me than the Lord Marshall's speed.

Striking is probably more in the Lord Marshall's favour, but Wesker's durability taking everything we see in the clip offsets that as well IMO.

Still, it's an interesting matchup. Makes me wonder how these guys measure up to someone like Yulaw.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 7th, 2018 at 04:44 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:37 AM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah, but the thing is IIRC Alice's speed feats even when empowered don't measure up with Riddick, who struggled to tag LM, or Vaako, who was in slow motion to the injured Lord Marshall.
Also, considering how hard Riddick can hit, I can't see how Wesker putting down LM when he can take hits from Riddick.
Frankly I see this fight going on for a long time without any winner

As for Yulaw, he obviously outclasses them in strength and durability in a large margin (Wesker has the advantage in damage soak due to healing and LM has soul removal for offence)
He also has a clear advantage in fighting skills
And on speed, Yulaw has done better than both. Wesker dodges bullets, Yulaw defects them. LM sees and moves while people are in slow mo, Yulaw fights while people and Sparks are in slow mo.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 08:45 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Fair enough. Like I said, I remember very little of the RE movies, so I am basing things mostly on the clips you posted, and what little else I can remember. And as mentioned in another thread, I haven't read/watched/played everything relating to Riddick, so you might be aware of some feats for him to scale Lord Marshal off of that I am unaware of.

Though I guess I should clarify when I meant stack up to Yulaw, I mean two-on-one. Because I am pretty confident he would be able to take either solo relatively easily. As you mentioned, he oustats them fairly clearly. But having to deal with both at once could be more challenging.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 06:31 PM
HulkIsHulk

I'm just going by live action Riddick feats though

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 07:51 PM
HulkIsHulk

Yeah two on one could be interesting. Yulaw could possibly put them down with a few punches, but they might sucker him with a soul suck or absorption

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 07:53 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, well, still, you seem more up-to-date/refreshed with things than I am, so I will take your word for it. Sorry, seems like a half-assed response, but my mind has been on a lot of other things more closer to home lately.

And yeah, I was picturing Wesker maybe tying Yulaw up in H2H a bit long enough for Lord Marshal to try a sneak headgrab soul-suck.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:46 AM
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Wesker.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 04:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmmmm I’d give it to the lord Marshal

He wrecked Riddick, wesker couldn’t even beat alive with his super speed, didn’t seem to know how to use it.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:26 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote