KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Elitism: Liberalism's biggest problem

Elitism: Liberalism's biggest problem
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because when you make an assertion it's standard procedure to back it up?

Your claim is that democrats no longer support the lower class. What policies have they pushed that substantiates that claim?
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
The Great Society Act devastated the black communities. Do you guys still care about blacks or have you officially moved on to illegals?
If 1964 was the last time democrats signed into existence a law that hurt the poor, that's a pretty amazing track record.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 10:35 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Your claim is that democrats no longer support the lower class. What policies have they pushed that substantiates that claim?

That isn't what I said, though..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 10:49 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

List policies pushed for by liberals on a federal level that hurt the poor.

Unless you're going to claim that the government is only run by Republicans, you really do need to explain this graph:

(please log in to view the image)

Let's not pretend that our liberal representatives (mostly Democrats) actually represent most of us.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

If 1964 was the last time democrats signed into existence a law that hurt the poor, that's a pretty amazing track record.

That's easy. Literally any laws that liberals favored and got passed that caused basic necessities to increase in cost. Usually regulations.

quote:
Relationship between regulation and poverty. The authors were careful to control for the other factors known to influence poverty rates. Having done this, they find a robust, positive, and statistically significant relationship between the FRASE index and poverty rates across states. A 10 percent increase in the effective federal regulatory burden upon a state is associated with about a 2.5 percent increase in the poverty rate.

https://www.mercatus.org/publicatio...ion-and-poverty

This is why you see some people, who are advocates for consumer goods and poor, talking about no-nonsense regulations. "No asbestos in homes but don't require 10 year assessments for pharmaceuticals."

I'll post more later. Have to go to a dinner party and pretend to like strangers.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:24 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

The Great Society Act devastated the black communities. Do you guys still care about blacks or have you officially moved on to illegals?

That one is hotly debated though, since it did a lot of good.

I think a more clear cut example would be better.

On a side note, " black" and "poor" are not the same thing.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 20th, 2018 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 12:24 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, it is pretty amazing how that one act caused issues for DECADES that continue to reverberate today yeah. Damn amazing. I agree with you, it's one colossal f*ck up we're still paying for.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 20th, 2018 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 04:06 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
That one is hotly debated though, since it did a lot of good.

I think a more clear cut example would be better.

On a side note, " black" and "poor" are not the same thing.

Doing a lot of good doesn't negate how it devastated the black communities. And no black is not the same as poor, but they were hit harder than anyone else. And the leftists claim they love the minorities.

I guess the type of minority changes. They seem to prioritize illegals now over blacks. See them whining about the census citizenship question like babies:

A census that counts citizens will help African Americans

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 04:11 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The Cult of Trump be like:

-Hates elitism
-Voted for and supports an elitist billionaire

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard

-Hates elitism

Leftist cultists be like:

-other people are the cultists
-behave like cultists

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:33 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard

-Hates elitism

We certainly drained the swamp by putting in top .01% non-swampers in cabinet positions.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:48 PM
StyleTime

Doing a lot of good doesn't negate how it devastated the black communities. And no black is not the same as poor, but they were hit harder than anyone else. And the leftists claim they love the minorities.

I guess the type of minority changes. They seem to prioritize illegals now over blacks. See them whining about the census citizenship question like babies:

Like I said though, debatable. The "devastated black communities" idea came from the family values conservatives type(not all conservatives) and they failed to prove any substantial link from what I've seen. They cite stastistics, often incorrect or misrepresented, from a 40-50 year gap specifically to help their brand of identity politics.

Dadudemon, even though he was referencing something else, actually addressed part of the problem with this in his post. We'd have to pretend that Democrats and the Great Society were basically the only social/political things to happen in the country for the past 40-50 years to really support this claim. Barring some direct link, which again, I haven't seen.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 21st, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 02:43 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Couldn't edit this in in time, and forgot to respond to the census thing.

Mostly during LBJ's time and his Great Society stuff, median black family income rose 53%, and the poverty rate for blacks dropped from 55% to 27%. Cutting the black poverty rate in half just seems like such a major good, that saying "devastating black communites" seems like a stretch, even if you think it had harmful elements elsewhere. If you want to argue it's complex, then cool.

https://web.archive.org/web/2009011...ay.cfm?HHID=372

The census thing is interesting, but still a long discussion. Historically black focused social groups are opposed to it as well, like the Black Alliance for Just Immigration and NAACP. This isn't one minority group vs other minority groups.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 21st, 2018 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:31 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberalism and conservatism are two sides of the same coin and have become equally as “elitist”, however where it was once considered to be status quo to be of a conservative mindset, the pendulum has swung in the other direction. Now liberalism has gained a hive-like mentality that has effectively become exactly what it sought to destroy in earlier years. These forms of politics have become commonplace in the states. It’s a vicious cycle.

At the edge of that coin is where you will find me, neither liberal nor conservative, though I have tendencies from both political factions.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 05:16 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by StyleTime
Dadudemon, even though he was referencing something else, actually addressed part of the problem with this in his post. We'd have to pretend that Democrats and the Great Society were basically the only social/political things to happen in the country for the past 40-50 years to really support this claim. Barring some direct link, which again, I haven't seen.

thumb up

And creating multi-generational wealth in the black community is DEFINITELY a win. But I am not too sure you can legislate wealth very effectively.

Where poor people are always hit the most is on basic living necessitates: staple foods, housing, insurance, and healthcare.

Where to live, what to in where you live, and live healthy. If anything the government does makes any of that more expensive, that is a negative impact on the poor.

Democrats didn't do it all. Republican didn't do it all. However, I would bet that in the last 20 year, the GOP is more responsible for increasing the costs of those basic necessities I mentioned. Surely a conservative think-tank has thought something like this through and has a rebuttal. I'd be happy to be wrong.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 06:07 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Liberalism and conservatism are two sides of the same coin and have become equally as “elitist”, however where it was once considered to be status quo to be of a conservative mindset, the pendulum has swung in the other direction. Now liberalism has gained a hive-like mentality that has effectively become exactly what it sought to destroy in earlier years. These forms of politics have become commonplace in the states. It’s a vicious cycle.

At the edge of that coin is where you will find me, neither liberal nor conservative, though I have tendencies from both political factions.

This is largely my perspective, as well. Same with Robtard. Centrists get shit on by both sides and it is not quite fair.

Also, I got accused for getting Trump elected by a Democrat because I didn't vote for Hillary. Sorry, didn't want either in office. no expression

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 06:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is largely my perspective, as well. Same with Robtard. Centrists get shit on by both sides and it is not quite fair.

Also, I got accused for getting Trump elected by a Democrat because I didn't vote for Hillary. Sorry, didn't want either in office. no expression

You did good, Hillary needed to be kept out.

Guarantee you Hillary wouldn't have tossed Angela Merkel some starbursts and then said "don't say I never gave you anything". Guarantee.

Think about living a world where that didn't happen. That sounds like a horrible place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 06:47 PM
Flyattractor

Ben pretty much lays it out.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 07:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

All I will say on this is Liberals, Progressives etc. Don't believe blowhards on youtube have all the answers... Fortunately they retain that level of dignity!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 10:00 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Putinbot1
All I will say on this is Liberals, Progressives etc. Don't believe blowhards on youtube have all the answers... Fortunately they retain that level of dignity!

So you admit to being both a racist and an anti-Semite?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 06:42 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Putinbot1

There is no real dignity among those who believe the US is a rape culture, there is a gender wage gap, a man can be a woman cuz fee fee's, there are a billion different genders, black people can't be racist, it's racist to clean up poop with a hose, it's racist to put "It's okay to be white" posters up, Trump is Hitler, etc.

The fact that such bullshit is peddled to the left by those meant to educate and prepare them for the world is actually worse than them picking up that bullshit on youtube.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 10:13 AM