KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Dooku closer to Malgus or Valkorion in regards to Force power?

Is Dooku closer to Malgus or Valkorion in power?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Malgus 10 71.43%
Valkorion 4 28.57%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Is Dooku closer to Malgus or Valkorion in regards to Force power?
Started by: CuckedCurry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

If Valk is slightly below Yoda in power, then that puts him within the same tier as Dooku. Malgus on the other hand is nowhere near as powerful as Yoda.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Stop trolling bro, it’s very obvious now.

What? What'd I do? I put a /s after the last one, right? In case you don't know, that's reddit's way of signalling sarcasm.
Also, I would love to know where Snoke said that he didn't want to battle Sidious. I'm not trying to be a smart mouth, like, seriously, please give me your sources, I want to know.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2018 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell man, when Galan showed me that quote I lost my shit. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be wanking that shit like:

(please log in to view the image)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Malgus by far. Dooku can not one shot a with close to darth revans skill ( darth marr)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 02:32 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Sith not with

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 02:33 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Galan007
Mind you, the source only confirms that Dooku's powers increased enough for Palpatine to take note of them and keep his guard up. It certainly does not imply that Dooku could actually challenge Palpatine one-on-one or whathaveyou.

Doesn't matter. It's Canon anyway.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Zentrex
If Valk is slightly below Yoda in power, then that puts him within the same tier as Dooku. Malgus on the other hand is nowhere near as powerful as Yoda.

What? What'd I do? I put a /s after the last one, right? In case you don't know, that's reddit's way of signalling sarcasm.
Also, I would love to know where Snoke said that he didn't want to battle Sidious. I'm not trying to be a smart mouth, like, seriously, please give me your sources, I want to know.

Revan Reborn is easily Yoda TIER.

Valkorion have vastly superior showings than Yoda.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 10:33 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

sick

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 12:44 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Azronger
Doesn't matter. It's Canon anyway.
...What doesn't matter? confused

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

...What doesn't matter? confused

It doesn't matter whether it places Dooku near Sheev since it's Canon, which I don't care for

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You may not prefer canon, but it still 'matters', lol.

As I said, the quote just tells us that Dooku's power grew during TCW, so Palpatine started monitoring him much closer(as Maul can corroborate, he's not a fan of potential 'rivals')... It certainly does not imply that Dooku could have legitimately challenged Palpatine, however. Just want to make that clear before others try to twist it. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 7th, 2018 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
It doesn't matter whether it places Dooku near Sheev since it's Canon, which I don't care for
"Evolve or Perish"

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

[B]You may not prefer canon, but it still 'matters', lol.

Not in regards to legend characters like valk or malgus

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 06:09 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My post was not in reference to this one individual thread.

However, it was also stated in Legends that Dooku's power grew during TCW:
(please log in to view the image)
-Fact Files v1 #116

So either way, Dooku was more powerful. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 7th, 2018 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 07:30 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Malgus by far. Dooku can not one shot a with close to darth revans skill ( darth marr)

Fair, but Valk's not more powerful than Yoda, who Dooku is close to in terms of power.

Dooku's defenitely weaker than Valkorion, and he certainly couldn't one shot Mace, Revan, or Marr, all of which are his rough equals, but he's closer to Valk than DE Sidious, who's far more powerful than Yoda.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan Reborn is easily Yoda TIER.

Valkorion have vastly superior showings than Yoda.

Valk's showings are superior because he uses the force for attack and destruction, which is more quantifyable than using it for knowledge and defense, as Yoda does. But Yoda's hype pretty solidly puts him above Valkorion. Also, the fact that he was the unquestionable master of the Jedi at the height of the Jedi order + the fact that he was the grandmaster for close to a thousand years.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Zentrex
Valk's showings are superior because he uses the force for attack and destruction, which is more quantifyable than using it for knowledge and defense, as Yoda does. But Yoda's hype pretty solidly puts him above Valkorion. Also, the fact that he was the unquestionable master of the Jedi at the height of the Jedi order + the fact that he was the grandmaster for close to a thousand years.

I see your point but you are giving too much weightage to sheer hype of a character which is not wise:

"I don't know for sure but I would imagine that there are no hard and fast lists about which Sith are the most powerful. "Most Powerful" would have lots of different variables to take into account. So it may be best to say that he was simply amongst the most powerful Sith along with Sidious and whoever else there may be. If you definitively say that one Sith was the most powerful then by definition any others that you create in the EU must be inferior so I doubt the continuity people make such absolutes about the powerfulness of the characters." - Leland Chee

Hype is a useful method to establish superiority of a character over others but one must watch out for outliers in an ever-expanding lore. Valkorion is an outlier by virtue of his evolution, sheer hype and showings.

Valkorion was able to replicate destructive power of superweapon Zildrog on Ziost, and he was preventing recovery of his homeworld Medriaas all along. A Republic fleet failed to stop him on Zioat. In-fact, entire Jedi Order and/or Sith Order of the time failed to save Ziost.

There are numerous ways to assess power of Valkorion including via scaling from other characters.

PT era Jedi Order hype is also contested in the lore: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...me-of-th/95277/

Disney's hype of Yoda is reasonable: https://www.starwars.com/databank/yoda

Yoda is stronger than most but not necessarily Valkorion TIER or even close.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 7th, 2018 at 10:26 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 10:24 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

^ Hype is a shaky way to measure things, but Valkorion's feats can be attributed to sorcery and rituals/power enhancement. That and he has dark side eltrich powers like force drain. So we kind of have to rely on scaling based on either hype or the same kinds of feats, like telekinesis, in which case Valkorion doesn't seem to be more impressive than Yoda.

I can believe Valkorion being slightly above Yoda, I don't think that that's the case, but I can see the argument for it. But Yoda being nowhere close to Valk? That's a little far.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2018 11:48 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t think Dooku was near Sidious level but like any true with lord you’re always watching for your apprentice to kill you.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 12:12 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Dooku wasn’t even yoda level. He is around vader level.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2018 04:11 AM