KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hobbs & Shaw

Hobbs & Shaw
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm sorry, the whole fast and furious franchise lost its appeal after Tokyo drift. I absolutely hate how they became borderline superhumans and badass ninja spec ops type people. Ruined the entire franchise for me.

Live action M.A.S.K. movies wink

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 01:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I've never really watched these movies except the first one that The Rock was in.

This trailer however looks dope.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 01:21 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I'm not saying they're not good movies. I just dont like how the universe started out grounded to they're now fighting superhuman bulletproof Idris elba.

When the first Fast and Furious came out it started this huge drag racing craze

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 02:03 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Making a movie about drag racing only worked for the first movie. Don had a bigger past and present then just that.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 02:15 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm not saying they're not good movies. I just dont like how the universe started out grounded to they're now fighting superhuman bulletproof Idris elba.

When the first Fast and Furious came out it started this huge drag racing craze

The series has re-invented itself a few times (different actors, settings, continual upping of the stakes), until it found a formula thats been box office gold.
What its done well is combine all that into one coherent universe, not sweeping any one movie or actor under the rug.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 04:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Making a movie about drag racing only worked for the first movie. Don had a bigger past and present then just that.

This is basically it. You can only do the close-up of someone pressing the NOS button during a drag race so many times before it gets old. They had to expand the franchise or it would have died long ago.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, kind of like The Rock in San Andreas. They had to pit him against a massive force of nature to level the playing field.

And the Rock still won lol.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 05:09 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Didnt Vin Dieseld best up the Rock in Fast Five? Now ive seen some unrealistic shit in these movies, but that was just another level of Unrealism.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 08:27 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I wonder if they're going to glaze over the fact that Shaw was literally a mass murdering terrorist who killed people in cold blood, including a member of the original cast.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 09:09 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Nah, they shared like a Corona or something at the end of the last film, so all is forgiven.

Seriously though, it was implied during the last film that the reason Shaw went rogue was because he got betrayed by his superiors and was used as the fall guy, so decided to turn evil instead. Plus, he did save Dom's kid in the last film, so he's done some good as well. Not saying all is (or should be) forgiven, but the character is clearly more complex than he initially seems.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 09:15 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I wonder if they're going to glaze over the fact that Shaw was literally a mass murdering terrorist who killed people in cold blood, including a member of the original cast.

Re: Han’s death, i noticed the incongruity of it in Shaw’s joining the team.
I cant recall the movie, but they had the same situation and the friend killer really stepped up, same as Shaw. Cue happy ending, only for one of the characters to kill that guy, in revenge. I was fully expecting the same w. Shaw.

But, it is what it is.

It gets discussed with (and handwaved, imho) Chris Morgan here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com...ris-morgan/amp/

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 10:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Nah, they shared like a Corona or something at the end of the last film, so all is forgiven.

Seriously though, it was implied during the last film that the reason Shaw went rogue was because he got betrayed by his superiors and was used as the fall guy, so decided to turn evil instead. Plus, he did save Dom's kid in the last film, so he's done some good as well. Not saying all is (or should be) forgiven, but the character is clearly more complex than he initially seems.

No one on the team should logically be okay w. Shaw.
Thats why i said i felt it was handwaved by Chris Morgan.

I mean lets be honest, if Deckard Shaw had been played by someone as low on the acting totem pole as Luke Evans (no offense to him but Statham has a way bigger following and sells tickets) who played his brother, he likely wouldnt have gotten the backstory he did, and Dom shooting him dead wouldnt have been a swerve, but a fitting end to the guy who killed Han.
Someone else would have been written to save Dom’s kid, maybe Scott Eastwood’s newbie character, stepping up and getting everyone’s respect, possibly stealth filling the recently vacated handsome white guy spot of the late Paul Walker in subsequent movies and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 10:35 AM
Mindset

I'm sorry, the whole fast and furious franchise lost its appeal after Tokyo drift. I absolutely hate how they became borderline superhumans and badass ninja spec ops type people. Ruined the entire franchise for me.
This isn't a F&F movie.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 08:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindset
This isn't a F&F movie.

Its a spin off, yeah.
Speaking of Fast & Furious 9:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.va...d-furious-9/amp

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 10:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Tzeentch

He said "sorry bout dat, m8s!" so it's cool.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 8th, 2019 12:23 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

New trailer. Warning though, it reveals A LOT, so don't watch if you aren't keen on potential spoilers:

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 04:20 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
He said "sorry bout dat, m8s!" so it's cool.
wish i could put a voice note here. As my Michael Caineesque accent is not far removed from Stathan's.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:15 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
New trailer. Warning though, it reveals A LOT, so don't watch if you aren't keen on potential spoilers:

I laughed, i cried, i was sexually aroused at one point.
Okay, twice.

But yeah, i’ll be watching this, it looks like mindless fun.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 09:24 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, it might just be deceptively cut, but it actually kind of looks like they have Hobbs rip off Cap's helicopter feat from Civil War at 3:25. Which would be hilariously absurd if it is the case.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 11:35 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And just for lols, I decided to watch this again, for a comparison:

What a difference 18 years and more than half a dozen movies make.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:06 PM