KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Hobbs & Shaw

Hobbs & Shaw
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HumbleServant

Idris Elba - Im the black superman
The Rock - Im black adam

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:45 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Idris Elba - Im the black superman
The Rock - Im black adam
laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 01:49 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
New trailer. Warning though, it reveals A LOT, so don't watch if you aren't keen on potential spoilers:

watched this on fb.. looks really good.. good hearing idris speak in his natural voice.. he'll become new member at the end lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun, so I will definitely be going to watch it when it hits cinemas. But I am probably going to avoid any more teasers or trailers from here on out. They already showed a bit too much with this one IMO.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:55 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumbleServant

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun, so I will definitely be going to watch it when it hits cinemas. But I am probably going to avoid any more teasers or trailers from here on out. They already showed a bit too much with this one IMO.
I think they needed to to get people to see how good it is.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 05:56 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HumbleServant
I think they needed to to get people to see how good it is.

The issue is this film is only coming out in August, IIRC. If they've already revealed this much now, they are already running the risk of revealing way too much before the movie drops. Because there will be more trailers, TV spots etc. And they won't want to keep showing the same footage over and over. Which means even more will likely be revealed before the actual release of the film. So, yeah, probably a good idea to try and steer away from any more trailers and such for this one. I mean I have already seen enough to know I am going to watch it, so don't actually need to see more.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 06:03 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

God this looks phuckin awful....

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 08:21 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks so bad it will be great, that truly is the fast and furious franchise.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2019 08:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like they're channeling Commando's over the top action

bring it on.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 01:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Putinbot1
It looks so bad it will be great, that truly is the fast and furious franchise.

This, right here. These movies are meant to be completely ridiculous and over the top, and they know exactly what they are. People watch them for the insane, often physics-defying action spectacles they provide. Not because they're expecting an Oscar script. And it's working for them. Both the last two F&F films broke a billion, and I wouldn't be surprised if this does as well.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:16 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

This, right here. These movies are meant to be completely ridiculous and over the top, and they know exactly what they are. People watch them for the insane, often physics-defying action spectacles they provide. Not because they're expecting an Oscar script. And it's working for them. Both the last two F&F films broke a billion, and I wouldn't be surprised if this does as well.

good post

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 03:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Estacado
God this looks phuckin awful....

The movies are suppose to be over the top and clearly they're rolling with it, If you want a movie that's trying to get an oscar then go elsewhere.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 03:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Kazenji
The movies are suppose to be over the top and clearly they're rolling with it, If you want a movie that's trying to get an oscar then go elsewhere.

Yeah, you could still argue that the first four were somewhat grounded (though they were already pushing believability with some of the stunts even then), but that went out the window in Fast Five, when they were having high speed chases down busy freeways while dragging a multi-ton safe behind them. And, from there, things just snowballed.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 04:06 AM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Didnt Vin Dieseld best up the Rock in Fast Five? Now ive seen some unrealistic shit in these movies, but that was just another level of Unrealism.

You now sound just like my old roommate lol. Dom just managed to get his hands on a wrench during van even fight that's all.
And besides, Vin ain't no pansy either. You'd know that if you paid attention to FF7 behind the scenes info

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 05:32 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's just a matter of whether or not Statham and Johnson will have enough comedic chemistry (or lack thereof) to be (ironically) entertaining.

Hopefully it's not just lame, mainstream bro comedy, but that's what I gather from the new trailer.

Not that I expect anything else from a F&F spin-off.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 07:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji

good post

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 11:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

There is one problem. If this movie is commercially successful (which it most likely will be), it could actually hurt the rest of the F&F franchise. Because Statham and Johnson, and the characters they portray, draw a big chunk of the audience. So, if this works and they spin-off into their own thing, separate from the rest of the F&F crew, it will likely have a negative impact on those other films. I don't think Diesel draws that big of an audience on his own anymore, and none of the others really have that same level of star power either.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 05:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

There is one problem. If this movie is commercially successful (which it most likely will be), it could actually hurt the rest of the F&F franchise. Because Statham and Johnson, and the characters they portray, draw a big chunk of the audience. So, if this works and they spin-off into their own thing, separate from the rest of the F&F crew, it will likely have a negative impact on those other films. I don't think Diesel draws that big of an audience on his own anymore, and none of the others really have that same level of star power either.

Spin-offs are prolly the way to go because i believe fast and furious 10 is the final one, could be wrong though

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 08:53 PM
NemeBro

Hopefully the movie is commercially successful enough that Hobbs and Shaw can be integrated into the greater MCU as members of the Avengers. thumb up

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 12:47 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
watched this on fb.. looks really good.. good hearing idris speak in his natural voice.. he'll become new member at the end lol

First thing I ever seen him in was as Stringer Bell in The Wire and remember being shocked when I found out he wasn't American. It's still his best role to this day. Although he's excellent in Luther as well.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 12:53 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote