KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson and the 25 day Cider adventure

Jordan Peterson and the 25 day Cider adventure
Started by: MythLord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Jordan Peterson and the 25 day Cider adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfoKwQ2Cw6A
Regardless of my stance on many of JPs teachings, I'll be the first to admit that some Leftists have a history of making claims about Jordan Peterson that are often unfounded, lack context or are just lame excuses for "gotcha" stuff.

But this is obviously a poor excuse on Peterson's part to make up for the fact that he was rather lackluster in his discussion with Harris. Thoughts? Is it truly possible to go without sleep for 25 days because of apple cider and a sense of doom?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:00 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Is Peterson actually claiming that he went 25days sans sleep? Lolz.

Did Joe Rogan suck his dick during the interview as usual?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

“I think the day I talked to Sam was the worst day of my life”

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 07:20 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How will the Petersonites take this.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 07:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Personally, I just want context. A lot of Peterson-related stuff usually is.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:00 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Do we really need yet another thread on this man?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Haven't seen any of them myself.

Makes sense he'd be pretty popular, with all the Youtube links from IDWers and that really cool Irish guy, Computingforever.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

There are quite a few on him here already. I'll leave this be, but maybe in the future we should consider an all purpose thread for this guy so we don't need a new one everytime he says something that someone doesn't like.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The sulfides!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:21 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Personally, I just want context. A lot of Peterson-related stuff usually is.

Usually is posted without context. FFS, my cider-filled brain gets the best of me again!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Do we really need yet another thread on this man?

No, but I love how he triggers people. See how desperate they are to find something to criticize?(not the OP, others) It's too funny.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The sulfides!

(please log in to view the image)

He would have been smarter to just say "Harris did better that day" or just not make any excuse/comment at all, considering he's supposed to be one of the few 'honest intellectuals' out there.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:53 PM
BackFire

He should stop doing legitimate debates. He's not good at it. Every debate I've seen him take part in he comes off pretty badly.

He's good at preaching to a crowd who loves him and playing a pay-as-you-go father figure to lonely aimless young men who need to be told who's to blame for their failures. That's what he should stick with.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And he has to realize it's no shame to debate Sam Harris and come out on the losing end.

Come on JP, Cenk from TYT got made to look even more ridiculous and he didn't blame it on a lack of sleep.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He should stop doing legitimate debates. He's not good at it. Every debate I've seen him take part in he comes off pretty badly.

He's good at preaching to a crowd who loves him and playing a pay-as-you-go father figure to lonely aimless young men who need to be told who's to blame for their failures. That's what he should stick with.

BINGlaughing

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:02 PM
BackFire

Cenk would struggle to win a debate against a Walmart shopping cart.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cenk would struggle to win a debate against a Walmart shopping cart.

Of course!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:07 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

This, he is also when not being an ass quite quotable, his seizing opportunities quote is excellent, just wish JP wasn't a ****.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 09:30 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Surtur
No, but I love how he triggers people. See how desperate they are to find something to criticize?(not the OP, others) It's too funny.

To be fair, a lot of people just jump at the chance to debunk him because his pseudo-science is infuriating. He mixes some actual psychology and data in with his philosophical bullsh!t and, for a lot of people, it's hard to differentiate between the two. So his personal stances get mistaken for a fact this way.
I'd wager that's intellectually dishonest, which is the thing I dislike most about Jordan.

Though, yes, a lot of people want to have a "gotcha" moment on him, and they usually fail because they take stupid stuff out of context rather than just discussing and debunking said stupid stuff in an actual discussion. But I'd also say that's a product of Jordan's own backpedaling and dancing around a subject. He first introduced the idea of snake-gods as metaphors for DNA in ancient cultures as fact, then when questioned about it he claims that's his personal belief.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 07:13 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If he was actually lying to make some excuse or some shit, then he would've mentioned it closer to the platform of actual debate or discussion between him and Sam Harris, not in a side tangent in a separate podcast. Personally though, I could care less about his dietary shit, he specifically said at an event I attended that he's not the average person medically and that he's just been tweaking around to see what works for him and that he wouldn't necessarily recommend it to other people.

Can't say I'm particularly surprised by this post, since I'm aware the gay google hangout has a lot of contempt for Peterson.

Regardless, not gonna post much beyond this here. It gets exhausting enough when I have about 5 different people who'll message me like "**** Peterson! **** him! He's shit! DEFEND HIM DEFEND YOUR ****ING IDOL!!!" that I can't be ****ed talking about his diet and sleep schedule.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 07:45 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote