KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC the end?

KMC the end?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I hope this place grows as a separate entity if all the talk being thrown around is actually real, but I wouldn’t fret if KMC sees its doom.

Alas, all things must pass.

That'd be nice.

Felt like things were going to change. But Raz just disappeared again.

I say we execute Plan B and abort this one-night stand (damn...). We can do that thing someone (Impediment?) suggested and have a mod sticky all forums the new forum link.

We've tried this a thousand times, though.

Do we want a forum with chat? Or just a forum? Or an alternative to forums?

Do we want to start a discord channel with many subgroups to keep our discussion crap going?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:32 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Awww shit

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 06:57 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Why dont you just start a new website and call it KMC2pointohh...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 06:57 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

And have everyone jump over to that site?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 06:58 AM
Flyattractor

Nah. Lets all go down with the Site! TO THE BOTTOM!!!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 07:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Man I have been gone from this site for so long. Used to be a frequent poster in the OTF, Gen Disc, and Comics VS threads. Now I just visit sporadically.

If it's true no new members can join now, this site will eventually die out. I've learned and grown reading many threads here, especially the Comics Respect thread which has a great deal of knowledge for comicbook enthusiasts.

I've seen Gen Kaliero and Peach build their real-life relationship through this forum, Guy222 the nicest "guy" I've ever met online, Red Hulk the funniest Comics VS poster, Whirly KMC's ultimate troll/sock, etc. So many fond memories growing up logging into this site and reading all the crap. Good times, good times.

Thanks everyone. I hope you guys find a way to save this website, or at least transfer some data somehow to another server/website.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 07:58 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wasn't that fixed? I'm pretty sure Raz made it so new members could join again last time he was here.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 08:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think we should just post stickies pointing to a new forum in all the main forums and clone threads into the new forum and link to those everytime a new thread is created until this forum dies. Open the gates for spambots until it becomes unreadable.

We call it plan scorched Earth and force everyone out thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 08:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by BackFire
Wasn't that fixed? I'm pretty sure Raz made it so new members could join again last time he was here.

It was fixed, yes.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 08:38 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The most important thing, to me, is that all of the rule crazy nazi mods of yesteryear have moved on. They killed the fun of this place by banning members at the drop of a hat and that behavior, in turn, drove away valuable members.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 11:18 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 12:40 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Impediment
The most important thing, to me, is that all of the rule crazy nazi mods of yesteryear have moved on. They killed the fun of this place by banning members at the drop of a hat and that behavior, in turn, drove away valuable members.
I think, actually, we aren't strict enough.

We have all these people, doxxes every other day, some that go completely under the radar.

Then we have all these super toxic people who make it harder just to post on KMC and have a good time talking about whatever it is you wanna talk about.

Yeah these are partly personal complaints but you have to admit they're legitimate in some cases.

I mean the SW Versus forum got so bad that when someone got temp banned the entire subforum attacked Bada like he did something wrong, I forget what said person said but everyone was like "Ban me next" and trying to defend dude's toxic actions. That shit be whack yo.

I'm pretty hardcore SJW though so people here disagree with a lot of my stances.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 12:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

SW forum attacked Bada over a temp ban?

That's kind of nuts. When Fly was banned, everyone cheered. I remember the party.

Of course, when I was banned, no one noticed. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 27th, 2018 at 01:24 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 01:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bentley
I think we should just post stickies pointing to a new forum in all the main forums and clone threads into the new forum and link to those everytime a new thread is created until this forum dies. Open the gates for spambots until it becomes unreadable.

We call it plan scorched Earth and force everyone out thumb up

Lol!

Originally posted by Impediment

100% spot-on. Peach and Ush were all over the place. From being awesome mods to insufferable Eric Cartman hall monitors. Some had problems with WrathfulDwarf but I loved that guy. Some also had issues with Paola...but...she was awesome. big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:40 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I think, actually, we aren't strict enough.

We have all these people, doxxes every other day, some that go completely under the radar.

Then we have all these super toxic people who make it harder just to post on KMC and have a good time talking about whatever it is you wanna talk about.

Yeah these are partly personal complaints but you have to admit they're legitimate in some cases.

I mean the SW Versus forum got so bad that when someone got temp banned the entire subforum attacked Bada like he did something wrong, I forget what said person said but everyone was like "Ban me next" and trying to defend dude's toxic actions. That shit be whack yo.

I'm pretty hardcore SJW though so people here disagree with a lot of my stances.

You're definitely not an SJW. You're a bit more sensitive and caring than most but that doesn't make you an SJW.

I mostly agree about it being too loose but Imp, Backcire, and Bada take care of the doxxers - they get banned. And Imp does a good job of cleaning up the spammers. But Quan, Fly, Surt, and Robtard just go at it too much. And Bashar is a waste of space as he doesn't do anything but post hateful, mocking, and troll posts.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:43 PM
Impediment
Endless

I keep telling everyone to use the "Ignore Function", but some people just don't listen. It's like they want the attention and trolling, but then they mash the report button 15 times in one day and say "WAHHHH!!!! My feelingz R HERT! Do something, IMP!!! WAHHH!!!"

Too many people here can gladly dish it out but can't take it back, in return.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:14 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I also do not report anyone save maybe spamming a battlezone. Ignoring is for the weak. Fight me, Surt.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Of course, when I was banned, no one noticed. smile

You're wrong. smile

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't know why cdtm was banned. Too bad that happened. I liked his posts.

Come back smarter and less-bannable, cdtm. We will wait for you. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:25 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by quanchi112
I also do not report anyone...Ignoring is for the weak.

thumb up

I can use my eyes to skip over useless posters' posts. It's easy!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:26 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

I can use my eyes to skip over useless posters' posts. It's easy!
My posts are necessary and significant.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:31 PM